Zen Pinball - Star Wars

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
During Vader Frenzy it's possible to open the sinkhole for a decent score (don't think it's a 'jackpot' however) - seems to be that you have to hit the Sith or Jedi loops to open it, but not sure what determines the value of the sinkhole shot (highest I've seen is around 850k the first time, but drops away for subsequent shots). Anyone else know how this works exactly?

Personally I just use the left flipper to direct the lightsaber return to the left flipper every time for the multiple easy 100k+ ramp shots.

I believe most of that has to do with the SABER AWARD. I'm not sure how many times you have to hit the spinner lanes to activate it but when that starts the amount drops. It's timed. Shooting those spinner lanes increase the award amount.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Firstly, thanks guys for the help with the rules.

Secondly, yeah, those Sabre Awards...

What are they? How do you activate them? And how do you get awarded them?

Because when a ramp (or loop?) lights up with "Sabre Award", I shoot the ramp, but sometimes the light doesn't go away.

Me confused.

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
Zen Star Wars, ok but after few games i don't feel like playing it again. Now, this is something i can't stop playing:

a3cf0h.jpg

Schubert1970

Mar 14, 2013
I'm not sure exactly how to do it 100% but you hold a button to AIM then a button to Zoom and one to fire the tranq. you have to hit that black area where is neck is when he turns his head

As far as an easier way to hit that empire lane. Back-hand with the left flipper

You can use that shot to star the empire bounties quicker as well. I found out that there is a hurry up option. I found out I can start both Hutta or Empire bounties with only 3 shots instead of 6.

If you shoot the hutt sinkhole or empire lane the lights flash for a certain amount of time I think 10 seconds or so. Then the last letter light turns off. If you hit the hutt sinkhole or empire lane (depending on which you're going for) within the time limit, Jabba or Vader show up. Then you can start the bounty with the 3rd shot. Otherwise you have to shoot those shots 3-4 times more.

Also it's not just 60 million Jackpot it's when you select the highest Bounty amount. First is 60, second (tranquilizing the guard) is 60, next is 80m (mini game with Slave 1 shooting tie fighters) And final (Haven't seen it) 100m

Also empire is the same Max bounty per mission level. 50m (shoot all flashing lanes) 60m (fighting the spy stormtrooper) 80m (burning specific targets with flamethrower) 100M( collecting artifacts and....... I won't spoil it)

Quite unique missions other than both EMPIRE and Hutts first bounty being exactly the same (shoot Flashing lanes)

I'm a the part where you shot the Stormtrooper n the neck. I have a PS3 and can't find which button to press to aim. I can shoot the dart with the right flipper, but all the other buttons don't seem to do anything. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Trowel

Feb 20, 2013
I'm a the part where you shot the Stormtrooper n the neck. I have a PS3 and can't find which button to press to aim. I can shoot the dart with the right flipper, but all the other buttons don't seem to do anything. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Pull the plunger to lift your aim (tough little shot).

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I finally took the plunge and bought some tables in Pinball FX2, because my daughter had played it at a friend's house and seemed to really like it.

I'm not so impressed by the original core-pack tables, but I have to say, this Empire Strikes Back table in the Star Wars pack is really good! They obviously spent a lot of effort polishing it.

There are some weird quirks, aside from the obvious fantasy gameplay stuff. Zen seems to think "BALLOUT" is a word, and the ball saver feels absurdly generous to me. But the basic ball-and-flipper physics actually seems pretty good on this one, and one way that they actually trump Farsight for realism is that they got the sounds of flippers and solenoids right. It's incredibly satisfying to whack the ball around.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
The original four tables for Zen/Zen 2, to me anyway, range from downright awful (V12, Shaman, Tesla) to just bad (El Dorado). I've got 17 tables in Zen 2 and, IMHO, the class of the bunch of Sorcerer's Lair. It seems to have the best balance for scoring, variety of shots, and actually looking like a real pinball table. I like lots of the tables I own - actually all of them minus the original four - but Sorcerer's Lair is my favorite.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
The original four tables for Zen/Zen 2, to me anyway, range from downright awful (V12, Shaman, Tesla) to just bad (El Dorado). I've got 17 tables in Zen 2 and, IMHO, the class of the bunch of Sorcerer's Lair. It seems to have the best balance for scoring, variety of shots, and actually looking like a real pinball table. I like lots of the tables I own - actually all of them minus the original four - but Sorcerer's Lair is my favorite.

I was nearly with you there. I bought Marvel pinball with it's core pack with Wolverine, Spiderman, Blade, and Iron Man. I played Iron Man most because I loved the challenge it provided, I then bought Fantastic Four followed by Captain America and those tables were even better (At the time) so I ventured on giving the ZP core tables a try and wasn't impressed. Finally after getting all the tables I tried out the core pack again, and the tables felt better. El Dorado is actually a pretty cool table minus the multiball. It lasts way to long and to easy to restart. The gem of El dorado is the mission variety. Also Tesla once you figured out how to change missions, Also has great variety.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Tesla, to me, is just a poorly designed table. The ramps are too close to the flippers, the shot to get into the mission area is essentially blind, the scoring is way out of balance, the ball often moves too fast and so on. The core four are a LOT more playable under Zen 2 than the original Zen but they're still not good tables. Zen 2 at least gets rid of the backspin on the ball and other hideously poor ball physics (though it's still too easy to catch or stop the ball). I didn't much like the original Zen or even Zen 2 with its four core tables. Once I added some others, though, I've become a big fan of Zen 2.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Just a FYI, if anyone has not buckled into buying the SW tables, they are half off till May 4th, or was it 6th?

I am not sure if I just want to wait for the PC/Steam release, or go ahead with the Android version.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just a FYI, if anyone has not buckled into buying the SW tables, they are half off till May 4th, or was it 6th?

I am not sure if I just want to wait for the PC/Steam release, or go ahead with the Android version.

Android version's great - I bought that at release.
Just picked up the console version tonight in the sale though.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
No question about it, Android is great. Too bad it is at the moment my only option. I am just debating if I want to hold it off and get it for the upcoming Steam version for a future PC Cabinet (assuming they'll make further cabinet options).

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Ok , if your wondering, Zen has separated StarWars Zen Pinball 3 pack into it's own installation , this is no doubt due to Disney now owning StarWars and to track sales and royalties for StarWars Pinball easier?
Who knows , why really? But the good news is previous buyers may download the new stand alone version free of charge.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
you're probably correct a bit on that...

I also think it's because Star Wars is infinitely more recognizable than Zen, where you'd have to check out add ons before seeing Star Wars was one of them.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Well the Star Wars standalone is absolutely awesome! You can choose between being a Jedi or Sith. The more friends you have and tables you own, the more you level up. So if you're on the Light Side, then you'll become a Padawan first, then a knight, and finally a Jedi Master. Same with the Dark Side. You'll be an apprentice which will eventually take you to Sith Lord. Most of the trophies are brand new. It's really fun. I'm a Padawan....for now! :)

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
Anyone know when we should expect more SW tables? Are they possibly being held up by Lucasarts shutting down and the license going to EA for most SW games?

Last edited:

Chellspecker

Apr 20, 2013
(10 tables eh? Let's hope they don't overkill it like they did the Marvel tables. We don't need Jar Jar's Big Gungan Adventure, or Aunt Beru: The Farm Years).

Okay, I laughed out loud at those. I would, however, play an Ewoks pinball, or something like R5-D4's Big Adventure, or IG-88: Bounty Hunter.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts