Zen to make big announcement at E3

night

May 18, 2012
Sneak peek Zen announcement.

fvUG-v8A.B.jpeg

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It needs to be something that they can make a tonne of tables out of. So relatively linear movie series like Back to the Future are unlikely.

My dream would be a SEGA All Stars pinball collection. So many SEGA series are crying out for pinball tables. Jet Set Radio (grinding rails, jump ramps etc), NiGHTS (simulate flying with lots of swishy ramps and loops, shoot he ball through orange rings, heck, NiGHTS could transform into the ball him/herself), Super Monkey Ball (a money in a ball, too easy), and of course, Sonic. That's table pack 1 right there! And that's just the really obvious ones.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
They've figured out a way to put even more words on a DMD simultaneously.

Sega would be cool, but I'd really like to see DC comics.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Indiana Jones or The Fast & The Furious would be nice.

Indy was my other guess. A Raiders, Temple, Last Crusade, and Crystal Skull pack would be cool!

The Crystal Skull table could have a lot of the same elements as Raiders, but more boring and contrived.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Don't really care what new license they're getting, but I really wish they'd start making more original tables instead. The majority of my favourite pins are original. Apparently it seems I'm in the minority, so oh well.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Don't really care what new license they're getting, but I really wish they'd start making more original tables instead. The majority of my favourite pins are original. Apparently it seems I'm in the minority, so oh well.
You're not in the minority. The problem is that the originals don't appeal much to the casual audience. Just look at the lowest score on the leaderboards on each table. You'll notice that most of the originals have far less scores submitted compared to the licensed tables. I think it's the same thing for RL tables. Tables with licensed themes attract more people to the machine compared to original themes.

If it wasn't for Marvel and Star Wars, most of my friends wouldn't have even checked the game out.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
You're not in the minority. The problem is that the originals don't appeal much to the casual audience. Just look at the lowest score on the leaderboards on each table. You'll notice that most of the originals have far less scores submitted compared to the licensed tables. I think it's the same thing for RL tables. Tables with licensed themes attract more people to the machine compared to original themes.

If it wasn't for Marvel and Star Wars, most of my friends wouldn't have even checked the game out.

I love the original tables, but only the ones in Pinball FX 2 (theme? modes? who knows). Biolab and Pasha are some of my favorite digital pinball machines. However I don't care for the Zen Pinball originals (El Dorado & V12 are my nightmares).

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
But... most likely it will be something with sports. The soccer table was just the beginning. There is so much to exploit... explore here.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
It's sad that only licensed pins sell these days to casuals. There are tons of good pins that have original themes. I really hope the new license Zen acquired isn't DC. I don't want -more- superheroes cluttering up the UI. I actually wouldn't mind Harry Potter though. All those monsters and witches and stuff would be cool in a pin.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Why not? Love to see some sex / gore and no dragons in pinball.

Guessing it could be DC and then Marvel vs DC.

I'm just not a Game of Thrones fan and the license seems to be popping up everywhere like a bad case of herpes.

DC would be a dream come true for me, it just seems extremely unlikely to be. WB is very protective of the license.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I really think Indiana Jones is coming to Zen. I'am ready for Big Adventure Pinball. Transformers could be coming to Zen. Whatever is coming will have several tables under the licenses. Matrix or Back To The Future possibly.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Do Zen normally have a presence at E3? Part of me wonders if it will be a video game themed pack, as that would be displayed at another company's booth.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.