8 tables left, only 3 non-phof

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
8 undated tables left, including TZ, with only 3 of them non-phof tables. Five more months, 9-11 tables (depending on how TZ is released). What have they got in store for us next?

Calculation - Aug-Nov - 8 tables. No reason to believe otherwise. December gets a little tricky:
TZ alone = 9 tables
TZ in a pack with 1 other table = 10 tables
A standard pack + TZ as a separate premium table = 11 tables

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I believe that those four will be the next four out with the first real surprise in December

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
My 7 year old will be knocking on stranger's doors when the next surprise makes its way to The Pinball Arcade. ;)

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I'm sure i'm not alone on this but my favorite table ever is Adams Family. I need it to happen. I'm hoping they will have to start talking about it after they figure out Star Trek: The Next generation. I mean it only makes sence it almost seems like they are going down the list of the top tables at ipdb #1 twilight zone(secured) #2 ST:TNG(about to get kick started) #3 mideval madness(released) #4 theater of magic(released) #5 Addams Family(no word yet).

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'm sure i'm not alone on this but my favorite table ever is Adams Family. I need it to happen. I'm hoping they will have to start talking about it after they figure out Star Trek: The Next generation. I mean it only makes sence it almost seems like they are going down the list of the top tables at ipdb #1 twilight zone(secured) #2 ST:TNG(about to get kick started) #3 mideval madness(released) #4 theater of magic(released) #5 Addams Family(no word yet).
Raul Julia said stipulated in his will that his likeness cannot be reproduced after his death. There may be ways around it: for instance, they could say this is simply reproducing already-existing material (which it is), or his estate can simply ignore his wishes and grant permission anyway. Unlikely if the likeness rights owners are his family, possible if it's a business entity, or if the family is desperate for money.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Raul Julia said stipulated in his will that his likeness cannot be reproduced after his death. There may be ways around it: for instance, they could say this is simply reproducing already-existing material (which it is), or his estate can simply ignore his wishes and grant permission anyway. Unlikely if the likeness rights owners are his family, possible if it's a business entity, or if the family is desperate for money.

Man I did not know about that. I would honestly still happily play it if they photoshopped a smile face over his on the back glass, ha. He was a great actor, I really wish he didn't take that role as M Bison though, that Street Fighter movie was terrible. I think however all of that doesn't matter, he can't for example say they are never allowed to release a movie he was in on remastered blue-ray becouse his likness is on it. So I think as long as they secure the rights to the movie it's pretty much in the bag regardless. But yeah blur his face on the photo if you have to and give it to us anyway plz.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Man I did not know about that. I would honestly still happily play it if they photoshopped a smile face over his on the back glass, ha. He was a great actor, I really wish he didn't take that role as M Bison though, that Street Fighter movie was terrible. I think however all of that doesn't matter, he can't for example say they are never allowed to release a movie he was in on remastered blue-ray becouse his likness is on it. So I think as long as they secure the rights to the movie it's pretty much in the bag regardless. But yeah blur his face on the photo if you have to and give it to us anyway plz.

I agree, 'shop his face out if his family demands it, it wouldn't be the first time this was done, and it's not disrespectful in my opinion, as it's not going against his wishes. Besides holding up the enjoyment of the world's most popular pinball table for ten/hundreds of thousands of people just because someone doesn't want their face used postmortem is just as disrespectful, just in a different way.

Here's an even better option: Pay a talented artist to do a new backglass painting, that is an homage to the original, exclusively for TPA. We get a cool new piece of art, and nobody has grounds for action.

This whole "we can't do it because of Raul Julia" thing just reminds me of Michael J. Fox not allowing his likeness to be used on the Back To The Future DE pin. So you paint a relatively nondescript face in his place, and there you go, no more problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.