Apr. 1, 2016 tourney: R911/PZone, RS, DrDude, Genie, SC, WWind, Victory, Centaur

invitro

May 4, 2012
According to the newsletter, here's the lineup for the tourney starting on Apr. 1, 2016:

- Centaur
- Victory
- Whirlwind
- Safe Cracker
- Genie
- Dr. Dude
- Red & Ted's Road Show
- Rescue 911 on Steam & mobile, Party Zone on PSN.

On Steam, this is tournament favorite Victory's third* appearance, and the second of Safe Cracker, Centaur, and Whirlwind. Genie, Dr. Dude, Road Show, and Rescue 911 are making their first appearance.

The remaining tables that have not appeared in a Steam tourney are:
- Bride of Pin*Bot
- Gorgar
- Black Knight
- No Good Gofers
- Phantom of the Opera
- Earthshaker
- Cyclone
- Jack*Bot
- Judge Dredd
- Fireball
- El Dorado (EM)

I was thinking about trying to have a contest to predict the high score (all platforms, all tiers) on each table, and offer a small prize (a pinball plastic) for doing so. I think I'll just ask if there's any interest, and if so, try doing this next month. Hopefully there will be four new tables on Steam next month, too. Anyway, here are my predictions for overall high score:

SC: 9M
WWind: 180M
Centaur: 17M
Victory: 120M
Dr. Dude: 75M
Genie: 1M
R911: 18B
RS: 9B

I'm looking forward to thinking/reading about tourney strategy for Genie and RS. And SC, which I was Steam #1 on in August, which is due to trying it a lot and outright luck (note: three mobile players topped my score). The other five seem pretty straightforward to me at this time :).

* The other tables with three appearances are Twilight Zone, Haunted House, and Space Shuttle.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
During a practice run I easily had 2m in 20 minutes on genie... Wish I knew how to play safecracker because I feel 9m is right

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
If you can play a 20-minute game of Safecracker, you deserve to win, I think.

That's the one that always trips me up too. But I think last time I was putting up better scores for assault on the vault. So I'll probably just play til I get a good one, and not even bother with the regular mode.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Does AOTV count for Safecracker in a tournament? It shouldn't if anyone has any sense, they are completely different games with nothing at all to do with each other besides being on the same playfield. Counting AOTV is as stupid as counting Jack*Bot scores for a Pin*Bot tournament.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Does AOTV count for Safecracker in a tournament?
I'm almost 100% positive that my SC score was for AotV. That's what my memory tells me. The reason it's not 100%: my non-tourney high score on AOTV is only 6M; my score in the August tourney was 7.1M. (My high score on regular SC is 6.5M.)

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Going to be hard for me to play in the tournament since the leader boards are still not working.

Now the ticket for the leader boards is failing in the start up.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
That's the one that always trips me up too. But I think last time I was putting up better scores for assault on the vault. So I'll probably just play til I get a good one, and not even bother with the regular mode.

I agree, who knows though, maybe it'll be different this time. What I really would like is if TPA had put in a 3 ball mode for SC, but oh well

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
Would be my first gold tourney, but I will skip this too. Centaur with it's regular, gamebreaking bugs just doens't belong in competition. The rest is mostly killing my nerves by even thinking about playing those tables.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Thx [MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION]. I try to survive silver tier. This would be a nice success for me personally. Staying gold tier is very hard.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
As a PS3 player I can't play in the tournament, due to the broken validation of the leader board ticket..........

invitro

May 4, 2012
Invi Jones does t want you to know that he's actually in the brown tier

Well my first WWind game I got 109M. Except that I forgot something and it was only 9M. When I realized that, I MOS DEF did some swimming in the brown tier.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
The tournament hasn't started on my PS4. Still getting the "Free Tournament Completed" message. I'm in the UK. Is anyone on PSN playing or is it just me?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.