Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twilight Zone for the Vita has terrible graphics.

My Devices
    PS4 X1 Vita
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twilight Zone for the Vita has terrible graphics.

The playfield and plastics artwork is horridly lo-resolution. It basically looks like a blurry smear. Noticeably worse than the other tables (although NGG and Harley still have some low rez art on the upper playfield too).
    It looks almost as bad as when they accidentally screwed up the resolution of the original tables artwork during that update if you guys remember that.

I'm guessing this is a similar glitch/bug issue as it was for those tables because nearly all of the art on this entire table is obviously running at a lower resolution than it should.
    As it is now it is easily the worst looking table on the Vita.

I'm shocked I haven't seen this mentioned yet. Am I the only one that noticed?

My Devices
    PlayStation 4, iPhone XR, iPad Mini 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can take a screen shot on the vita right?
    Can you post one?

My Devices
    PS4 X1 Vita
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was subscribed to an image hosting site I would.

My Devices
    Xbox360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flickr, Facebook, Dropbox, Google Drive, Picasa? Come on.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some screenshot from the game.

I do agree that the blurriness is akin to the problems that appeared in the first tables after the BoP/MM DLC was released. You basically cannot discern any of the artwork on the PF that is above the slingshots. As far as the actual plastics themselves... I have no idea what they are in most cases. And if you want to see why we are so disappointed this is what the first tables looked like for PS Vita users:

Here is a topic that I took the time to help out with to bring some attention to how bad some of the other tables are compared to the first set. Even if you don't have a Vita please take the time to make a post and bump it back up so that we can finally get some answers from the devs about the problems with the game.

My Devices
    ipad 2, PowerMac, iPhone 6 and a vacuum cleaner
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a sucker for good quality graphics, my sincere sympathy.
    666F Oven temperature for roast Beast.

My Devices
    PS3, Galaxy Tab, ipad 3, Vita
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    If I was subscribed to an image hosting site I would.
    imgur.com
    TOTAN: 75,580,990 TOM: 1,713,261,560 MM: 263,400,090 FH: 54,918,280 MB: BK:
    RBION: 181,102,190 BH: 445,680 BOP: 1,042,614,770 CV: 82,398,820 Gorgar: CFTBL:

My Devices
    PSVita, PS3, PSP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any chance that we get an update with better graphics for the Vita?
    What's the reason for the bad quality? Is it harder to programm the Vita or are there less users than on the other systems, so the games are faster done for commercial reasons?

I think the vita is a great gaming system and because of the L/R shoulder buttons it plays much more like real pinball for me than the other systems.

My Devices
    PS4 X1 Vita
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Logan View Post
    Is there any chance that we get an update with better graphics for the Vita?
    What's the reason for the bad quality? Is it harder to programm the Vita or are there less users than on the other systems, so the games are faster done for commercial reasons?
    The reason is that Farsight is a ****ty developer with seemingly no regard for the quality of their product or pride in their work. They have proven this over and over. Month after month. Table pack after table pack.
    Is it possible that they will release a fix for this? Maybe. They did it for the other tables that had the same problem, but it took them months to actually do it if I recall.

That isn't the point though. The point is that they did a kickstarter for this table. Of all the tables to actually do a good job on this was it. This was the table that shouldn't have been released with problems at all.
    They asked the community to chip in and I did. I paid 5x the cost of a table pack just for this one table.
    In return for giving them my support I got: A table with completely broken graphics and glitches just like the rest. A table that looks as if not a single person at Farsight even looked at it before dumping it on us.

What a joke.

My Devices
    PC, PS3, iPad 8th gen
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you already did so but have you sent a mail to the support? This will make sure that Farsight put it into their bugtracking system (hopefully).

My Devices
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchYeti View Post
    I guess you already did so but have you sent a mail to the support? This will make sure that Farsight put it into their bugtracking system (hopefully).
    FarSight support?

My Devices
    iPadAir2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a low cost portable device ~$250, what can you expect? iPad retina has to be the way to go.

My Devices
    Samsung Galaxy S, Xbox 360, Google Nexus 10, Pea Sea
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tablet version isn't as good as some of the latest releases though.
    Plays by sense of smell, always has a replay.
    My league high-scores
    Don't be a zombie, play pinball.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    For a low cost portable device ~$250, what can you expect? iPad retina has to be the way to go.
    I can expect the table to be near the quality of the launch tables like RBION. However, ever single DLC pack has been brutal and a huge step down. My expectations for TZ were even higher since it was paid for though a Kickstarter and had a long development time.

My Devices
    PS4 X1 Vita
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I can expect it to measure up to what this portable is capable of. I can expect it to measure up to what they sold me on in the first place. I can expect them to give me a working product, not one that is broken (and obviously so).

like Crushed Turtle said it has been getting worse and worse since release instead of better. So now we have Twilight Zone. The most expensive table normally and far more expensive for supporters and it is hands-down, without a doubt the lowest quality table they have released so far. It isn't even up to the ****ty low standards of the last few table packs let alone the core product.

I guess the real question is "What can I expect from such a worthless developer?"

My Devices
    PSVita, PS3, PSP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone tried Scared Stiff already? As far as I can judge it, it's been the worst till now, as it has not only the problems with the graphics, also I experienced kinds of slowdowns from the balls which reminded me on tables from the Gottlieb PSP Collections. These slowdowns were only slight, not really comparable with these from for example PSP Victory, but still, the ball was moving slower and not behaving like real physics like the other tables.
    I still think because of the shoulder buttons and the direct response of the flippers, the PSVita offers the best pinball experience of a simulation ever, so I'm glad FarSight continues to release tables. Still, as mentioned above, Scared Stiff was also a Pro Table and I expect at least a product without slowdowns and grapics where I can see whats happening in the game (for example that the signs are readable on the table).
    Has FarSight responded in any way to this? Is there a way to adress the developers directly?

My Devices
    Vita , Playstation 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeach , PSVita version of Scared Stiff DOES Not do FarSight any credit to their brand , please dont make me turn this into a crusade FS , no one wins when you call this acceptable . Please endeavour to treat the PS Vita platform seriously , because it's just as important as 360 and the rest .

Last edited by Sinistar; 02-13-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    Tot:26,709,290 RBi:9,364,570 BH:715,020
    BoP:45,992,390 ToM:1,445,357,550 CV:42,056,950
    MM:40,160,960 FH:19,051,480 MB:166,725,140

My Devices
    PS4 X1 Vita
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have got to be kidding me. That pretty much proves my point right there. So glad I didn't buy this pack.

My Devices
    Vita , Playstation 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CPU
    The Vita has a 4 core CPU and a dedicated GPU , which is being ignored , you cant tell me that Sony made a inferior graphic processor , this thing plays ports of Mortal Kombat and Asassin's Creed ffs , that are gorgeous . FarSight art department start using the SGX543MP4+ and stop shipping the table without GPU rendering , we know you can do better than this, and once you do any Vita owner is going to want this game .

PowerVR SGX543MP+
    Imagination Technologies makes the PowerVR SGX543MP4+. However, we can find information only on the PowerVR SGX543MP at the moment. We've reached out to Imagination Technologies for comment, but it has yet to respond. Apple is also rumored to be using a variant of the PowerVR SGX543 chip for the upcoming revision of the iPad.

The normal nomenclature model for the PowerVR SGX543MP contains additional numbers following the MP that indicate the number of cores onboard. Imagine Technologies can configure the GPU to have 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16 cores. Sony opted to use the SGX543MP4+, which indicates that the chip has four cores. We have no details on what the "+" indicates.

Imagine Technologies states: "At 200MHz core frequency an SGX543MP4 (four cores) will deliver 133 million polygons per second and fill rates in excess of 4Gpixels/sec. Higher frequencies or a larger number of cores each deliver more performance. At 400MHz core frequency an SGX543MP8 (eight cores) will deliver 532 million polygons per second and fill rates in excess of 16Gpixels/sec."
    ■ARM Cortex A9 core
    ■(4 core)

GPU
    ■SGX543MP4+
    Tot:26,709,290 RBi:9,364,570 BH:715,020
    BoP:45,992,390 ToM:1,445,357,550 CV:42,056,950
    MM:40,160,960 FH:19,051,480 MB:166,725,140

My Devices
    PS Vita, ACER Iconia W700, Samsung Galaxy Express
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ This. I already thought the table artwork of TZ was bad, but the artwork of Scared Stiff is really appalling. I am not going to buy this table pack until Farsight releases an updated version with better graphics.

My Devices
    iPadAir2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ps vita is a. Niche platform at this point, can't really blame them for focusing their resources on more popular platforms.

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just sick in my mouth after seeing that SS screenshot......yuck!. And there's me moaning about very small imperfections in the ipad version.

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistar View Post
    Looks similar to what my 3 year old phone can do (plays buttery smooth though)

My league high-scores

My Devices
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scared Stiff: you wanted to be scared, the graphics look horrific, how great is that?

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going from the graphical chip spec alone, the vita is like 16x more powerful than my phone, ha!
    My league high-scores

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast