Twilight Zone for the Vita has terrible graphics.

steven_dutch

Sep 27, 2012
Double post, but I linked to 2 threads:

"We just had an item on the PS blog regarding new tables and PS4 support. I posted a remark (post #1) regarding the Quality of the Vita DLC here:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...rek-tables-incoming-ps4-development-underway/

Lets see if I get a reply. At least I got through the PS moderator review before it was posted ;)"

Some of the issues regarding DLC have been addressed already by Bobby King. Have you seen the interview Jeffy has done with Bobby King?

Didn't think it was necessary to bash TPA with a buglist thread on a blog announcement. They are well aware of most of the bugs and glitches. It's what this forum is for.

I love the Vita version to be honest. A few niggles here and there, but spent hours on it.
Money well spent in my opinion. Cross-buy as well :D

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Some of the issues regarding DLC have been addressed already by Bobby King. Have you seen the interview Jeffy has done with Bobby King?

Didn't think it was necessary to bash TPA with a buglist thread on a blog announcement. They are well aware of most of the bugs and glitches. It's what this forum is for.

I love the Vita version to be honest. A few niggles here and there, but spent hours on it.
Money well spent in my opinion. Cross-buy as well :D

At no point was there any bashing during that post. There have been problems with pretty much every DLC table we have received so far. For instance, BoP has had a transparency issue since the day it was released that prevents you from seeing what is happening above the right outlane. That completely takes away any ability to nudge the ball away from the outlane because you have no idea where it is heading. You also cannot see the state of the extra ball light on the right side which is another problem. Also in that pack was MM that runs at a slower frame rate than the other tables which makes the gameplay difficult due to the jittery nature. We still have not heard one response from the developers and those bugs were reported over 9 months ago. Those examples I gave were just in the first DLC pack. If you look at the bugs topic you will see that there are other tables that are even worse. One of my original intentions with starting that topic was to hopefully hear back from the developers that they have observed the problems. I don't even care at this point if they can get fixed or not, but as a consumer I want to know if these problems will ever be fixed so that I can decide whether or not to keep purchasing tables on the PS Vita if we are going to keep getting junk like TZ and Scared Stiff.

steven_dutch

Sep 27, 2012
@Crush3d_Turtle
I think a lot of times developers are restricted by NDA and can't comment on what's holding them back regarding releasing patches. Patching a game is quite expensive on PSN. I remember seeing $40,000 (which is worth a kickstarter) quoted. Might be lower on Vita. Seeing the relative slow sales of the Vita, it might be too costly at the moment to release a proper patch. TPA also had a few setbacks, as in the steam and xbox releases. Which will have cost them quit a bit of money.
I'm quite sure they're as equally annoyed that something is holding them back from fixing it.

Not to say that I hope these issues don't get solved. On the contrary.
Also very much appreciate the work you have put in, trying to improve the game.
I just hope that when the 360 and steam issues are out the way, it will be financially profitable enough for Farsight, to expand and hire some more staff to iron out the bugs.
Till then I'll enjoy the tables as they are. I still think it's incredible value for money, especially since it's cross-buy as well.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Double post, but I linked to 2 threads:

"We just had an item on the PS blog regarding new tables and PS4 support. I posted a remark (post #1) regarding the Quality of the Vita DLC here:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...rek-tables-incoming-ps4-development-underway/

Lets see if I get a reply. At least I got through the PS moderator review before it was posted ;)"

Well it sure seems like Ol Bobby King decided to avoid the issue and not post any replies or acknowledgement of the issue , if you're reading this Bobby, we aint going away !

Marcel Carlier

Jan 3, 2013

No, I think I missed that one. Thanks for pointing out. I'll have a look tonight.

I don't think I was bashing, but merely creating more awareness regarding these issues. I was hoping Bobby would reply and write that he was aware and was working on it. But so far no reply unfortunately.

Just FYI: I love TPA and I also spent a lot of hours on all of the tables (except pack 7), but I do think the bar should be raised quality wise for most/all of the DLC tables.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Don't feel bad. They absolutely deserve to be publically bashed for selling such a poor quality product.

Sporadik

Nov 12, 2012
I'm not at all trying to be mean or anything but....

We’ll be adding rendering tech for per pixel ray casting, area lights/shadows, point lights and screen space ambient occlusion (which is a fancy way to say even more shadows). We’re very confident that we can add all of these features on the PS4 and maintain the smooth 60 fps that you need in a pinball game.

LMAO I would hope a pinball game with those effects turned on will run at 60fps on newer/modern GPUs. If a pinball game of all things on an x64 8 core machine with 8GB of DDR5 RAM and that powerful of a GPU has issues staying at 60fps then your game engine is terribly inefficient or we're all getting ripped off on next gen hardware. Just sayin

Very cool news its in development none the less and I'm sure it will look quite pretty! I hope those who own the game now get a discount or they pull a Zen Pfx1-2 and whatever we own already is free or even those who've suffered with the Vita version get a discount or free download

Members online

Members online