Twilight Zone for the Vita has terrible graphics.

aagstn

Oct 6, 2012
I think this has a lot to do with them giving away most of the Vita versions. They made the game cross buy so PS3 buyers are getting it free. They aren't putting any resources into a free version. This really sucks for people that primarily play it on the Vita. Farsight has made TPA a pretty bitter pill. I love the tables and want them so I have to deal with buying them from such a terrible developer.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
really depends on how you look at it. tomorrow , god forbid my PS3 could YLOD (yellow light of death) and stop working , that would make my PS Vita the only way to play this game , and I DO expect better quality for the same $4.99 Im paying to play tables on Vita . I bought this game on Vita first , as you might recall the PS3 version came a month later in North America , and I expect a full effort for my $$$ on both versions.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I think this has a lot to do with them giving away most of the Vita versions. They made the game cross buy so PS3 buyers are getting it free. They aren't putting any resources into a free version. This really sucks for people that primarily play it on the Vita. Farsight has made TPA a pretty bitter pill. I love the tables and want them so I have to deal with buying them from such a terrible developer.

That probably is how they look at it, but it was the opposite for me.

I bought it on the Vita for the Vita and couldn't care less that I also got the PS3 version for free.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
god forbid my PS3 could YLOD (yellow light of death) and stop working , that would make my PS Vita the only way to play this game

Shudder - dude, don't even joke. I don't even play this on my Vita anymore, I agree it's a shoddy effort. I really don't understand how it can look SO bad on the Vita. I mean they say in their blurb that Hi-Res images are taken of the tables, surely it's the same images for all platforms ? The Vita is a blurry mess.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Even if they fixed the graphics and it looked great, the Vita version still has so many bugs and glitches that only about half the tables would be worth playing.

BigC777

Dec 5, 2012
I'm officially Done!

Dear Farsight:

You don't know me even though I have bought all of your products from PSP to PS2 to Wii to 360 to PS3 from Gottlieb Collection to Williams to PBA. I am one of the many people you hear about that if something goes wrong they usually don't say or do anything - we just simply go away and go to a competing better product. Well I decided to actually voice my opinion and let you know that I am done with PBA and for anyone like me there's at least a few hundred probably that are just not going to say a word- they simply won't ever come back. I've followed the forums since PBA was out and read all the complaints-both valid and not so much-and all of the justifications for the problems. The end result is I don't really care about any excuses at this point - if your business model requires you to put these tables out on such a tight schedule over so many platforms without proper testing and not allow time for bug fixes months after the fact then the model is fatally flawed. You will go out of business if you don't take care of your customers and put out a quality product - Business 101. Latest examples include Twilght Zone artwork reversed next to flippers- the response "That is an interesting find, I need to look into how the table was initially shipped and get back to you guys. Thanks for pointing this out, I am surprised we would have passed approval if this is indeed wrong in our game." this was in December. Guess what - I'm suprised as well that on a static playfield background no one noticed something substantial like that before it shipped! Sure one can argue that it is a "minor flaw" but what about low quality textures, slow downs, squared seams showing in latest tables ... the defenders will become less and less over time. Money speaks louder than words and my biggest real life example is this: I just got $10 from Sony for the PS Store for free. I am STILL not going to go out and purchase your latest pack or any others ever again until/IF you ever fix some of the glaring issues that have been in your game for ages. Farsight if you're reading this I want you to succeed but your company will fail and you will have no one to blame but yourselves unless you quit with all the excuses and put out a better quality product!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
As a borderline Farsight asskisser, even I'm appalled at the resolution of those images. I know that the Vita is quite a little powerhouse and it can do much better than that...did I mention that I'm also a long time Sony hater? I'm not trying to hate on anyone or sound like a fanboy here. That is appalling. These look like some of the worst VP playfields I've ever seen.

The other versions are so much better why are they so much worse for the Vita?

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
The other versions are so much better why are they so much worse for the Vita?

Confirmed. I had a chance to compare Vita and SGS3 quality....old tables (TOTAN, RBION etc.) are superior to android in terms of graphics, yet TZ and SS are a joke. I couldn't belive how BAD they look on Vita. What the hell happned? Those tables are blurry, pixelated....... dunno what to say, really.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Yeah imagine my suprise when I got to play a Iphone version of their Medieval Madness table and it was a match for the PS3 version , let alone PS Vita .

BigC777

Dec 5, 2012
Uhm... you DO know that *we* are not Farsight, right ? We're just fans.

Yes of course I realize that - as evidenced by my earlier post I also realize that different Farsight employees do scan the forums and topics from time. I have faith that eventually the post will make it's way to a Farsight developer who will read it. The other reason why I put the post here was to remind everyone that the only true way nowadays that Developers will listen is to put your money or lack thereof where your mouth is. Don't just complain but if you actually refrain from purchasing future content is IMO the only way they will finally listen to reason. If sales figures keep going down further and further then they might - just might mind you - finally see the light and put out a better quality product which is what we all want. At this point I am sadly all for them going out of business and seeing what Zen can do with all the licensed tables!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Yes of course I realize that - as evidenced by my earlier post I also realize that different Farsight employees do scan the forums and topics from time. I have faith that eventually the post will make it's way to a Farsight developer who will read it. The other reason why I put the post here was to remind everyone that the only true way nowadays that Developers will listen is to put your money or lack thereof where your mouth is. Don't just complain but if you actually refrain from purchasing future content is IMO the only way they will finally listen to reason. If sales figures keep going down further and further then they might - just might mind you - finally see the light and put out a better quality product which is what we all want. At this point I am sadly all for them going out of business and seeing what Zen can do with all the licensed tables!

Do what Im doing, Im no longer taking them on faith to fix what they obviously know is wrong. They've had about a year , and I can't let Metal Zoic and Crushed Turtle carry the fight by themselves , any longer. This is no exaggeration , I proved it with screenshots , the Vita has the worst results in every last DLC since October , it has the hardware specs to do sooo much more . With PS4 fever hitting a all time high this week, many people see why Sony made it , and how remote play factors in with Vitas . Next week I add Star Wars Zen 2 tables to my devices , that's $10 , maybe I would be spending on a FS DLC pak , but they keep letting us down..

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
While I agree that something seems to have gone terribly wrong with Vita version of the game and it needs to be fixed, I seriously doubt that insulting the development staff and publicly hoping for FarSight to go down in flames will get you the response you are looking for, assuming it gets you any response at all.

aagstn

Oct 6, 2012
I believe the only hope we have for the majority of the issues with TPA across all versions of the game including Vita to ever get fixed is for Farsight to go out of business and for the licenses to get picked up by a competent developer. The odds of that are slim so we have to either deal with the mediocre releases we have been getting and enjoy them for what they are or stop buying them all together. For most of us that love these classic tables broken releases are better than nothing. However, I refuse to give them the ludicrous 4 bucks a table they are asking for their "pro" packs and I will do all I can to support Zen since they are the one pinball developer that actually seems to care about pinball.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I believe the only hope we have for the majority of the issues with TPA across all versions of the game including Vita to ever get fixed is for Farsight to go out of business and for the licenses to get picked up by a competent developer. The odds of that are slim so we have to either deal with the mediocre releases we have been getting and enjoy them for what they are or stop buying them all together. For most of us that love these classic tables broken releases are better than nothing. However, I refuse to give them the ludicrous 4 bucks a table they are asking for their "pro" packs and I will do all I can to support Zen since they are the one pinball developer that actually seems to care about pinball.

The pro packs are not needed to play the tables and I don't purchase them either. Real world pinball tables are quite often less perfect than TPA versions and much costlier to play. It was always that way IRL even when when the tables were much, much newer. TPA's tables are far from mediocre, especially when you consider the cost. I think we all would just love perfect tables, but most of us adapt our game play just like we would with a table we might be familiar with; rather than obsess about the imperfections. And yes, there are quite a few.

Most of us play the Zen Tables as well as other pinball recreations/adaptations. I prefer "Speed Machine" Bio-Lab" and "Secrets of the Deep". Few of us wish any of the developers "ill will".

Spend your money where you feel you must, that's your vote and your right. however, vtriol is unlikely to effect change, if that is your intention; nor will it gain you standing in this community. You are unlikely to get a "flame war" response from the community either, we are "pin-heads" not "Farsight-heads".

In the model railroading community that I belonged to (since the '50's) we would refer to those who would let the imperfections ruin their enjoyment "rivet counters". We didn't hate them or argue with them, but we did shake our heads about how it is possible to allow imperfections to ruin the fun that they rightfully had the rights to enjoy.

They choice is strictly yours, enjoy it or not.

But remember you get more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Timelord ...

Members online

Members online