Table Pack #19 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
How would Slick Chick be any different than Goin' Nuts play wise? Oh you get to plunge, there's no timer? Seriously tho. Given how FS has been scripting their pop bumpers Slick Chick will be as unimpressive as Goin' Nuts turned out, IMO.

Had the pop bumpers on Goin' Nuts been done like the re-done ones on AFM or Dr Dude then maybe there would be a better game play, but sorry for us, they are the slack, one direction sensing ones like Firepower which alters the way the game will play.

Making a judgement off of the game in this condition is like saying "all pinball sucks" after only playing poorly maintained, or broken machines in run down arcades.

I find some EM's are charming, works of art. That's why I like Central Park. And I like Big Shot alot. And Genie. More stuff like that is welcome any day to me.

night

May 18, 2012
I find some EM's are charming, works of art. That's why I like Central Park. And I like Big Shot alot. And Genie. More stuff like that is welcome any day to me.

If I had to pick three tables to send to hell it would be these.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I do not dislike a single table on TPA. I second what Mark Wyda says. Those older tables he mentions are charming. Ever table is special in one way or another. It's like the hate I see being directed at tables such as Goin Nuts. A bunch of our members sounded off about really disliking the table. I found it interesting, because if you look at what Goin' Nuts teaches you is how to maximize points in a limited time period, and most importantly....how to really handle multiball action like a pro. That table teaches players how to play better when that multiball mode comes around in any other table you play. I have found that I can keep multiballs going on three or 4 times further than I ever could before. Playing Goin Nuts over and over again has honed that skill set, and has allowed me to use those newly acquired skills in every other table with multiball modes.

It's all good to me. While I love the newer machines as much as I think anyone else does... I also have to respect, and support where we came from and welcome each and every EM to TPA's roster of tables.

Genie teaches you how to handle wide body tables better, and difficult flipper placement. It has viciously difficult side outlanes and you have to be on top of your nudging skills to do well in that table. Central park teaches you how to deal with wide apart flippers, and working around a lot of difficult middle outlanes. Big shot is a table that will improve your aiming and will also teach you in how to keep a ball alive on a difficult table. Those bumpers are really spastic in how far and in how fast they throw the ball around the table. Learning how to control the ball better in such situations aids in other similar tables that have the hard hitting bumpers. There are quite a few of those tables in TPA's inventory already.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I no I'm going a little bit Further but I think for November and December were going to have to major Stern tables. I predict November Pack 20 Will be Rollercoaster Tycoon and El Dorado, in December pack 21 will be Monopoly and sorcerer. Those are my predictions, but I wouldn't count out Fishtales possibly showing up either.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I am going to say Fish tales in November and a suprise licensed table in December as the new tables

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I'd be thrilled with "Fish Tales" and "Corvette" (maybe even "Cue Ball Wizard") as the last two big ones.

I was hoping for "Bram Stoker's Dracula" or "Tales from the Crypt" for October, but after not getting either, I can't see neither coming out for a while. I'm saddened, but I got no complaints with the choices of HH and Class of 1812.

I've never played either one, so I'm pretty excited to check them out!

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I like every choice being mentioned. I will take any of the tables being mentioned in this thread.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I see what you did there, Capt'n. Cease and desist letter on its way... ;P

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I love this game and am still going to buy tables but are we really only getting 1 premium license for season 2 or will they surprise us in pack 20? Seems like season one is so much better than season 2. Season one had a majority of the top 10 tables ever, which is very epic. Also season one had 2 premium "expensive" license tables. Season one also included the 4 base tables. Season one also had a bunch of less expensive premium licenses (harley davidson, elvira, monster bash, cftbl). All in all season 2 seems to be smaller and much less valuable when you look at them next to each other. i wonder what is going on with that next kickstarter?

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Are you two guys bashing my favorite Gottlieb tables by saying the 90's were Assy. My favorite 90's tables are.

1) Rescue 911 (it's no. 1 on my most wanted 90's Gottlieb tables)
2) Surf N Safari
3) Street Fighter
4) Bone Busters Inc.
5) Cactus Jack (the playfield gets boring, but with the Awesome music who cares)
6) Wipeout
7) Lights, Camera, Action
8) Freddy: Nightmare on Elm Street
9) Super Mario Brothers (it will never happen, but I had fun playing it)
10) Stargate (Not one of my extreme favorites, but I enjoy it when I play it)

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Most of the Gottlieb tables are complete garbage. When it came to Pinball, Gottlieb was easily the worst of the bunch.

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013
I personally feel that the packs have been a little underwhelming as of late.

Year one was incredibly strong. But they really knocked out the heavy hitters very early on. I feel like it might have been better to get some of the weaker Gotliebs out of the way early, instead they really banged out the top tier stuff from the Williams collection very early on. I think that Haunted House is amazing, and I hope the mainstream agrees.

The first year had almost no early 80s releases. Now we have Goin Nuts, Flight 2K, Centaur, Haunted House, and probably 8-Ball next all released very closely together. While I love most of these, my point is its too close together, and made for an unbalanced season so far.

I think T'eed Off and Haunted House is a good pack, but the next pack really has to knock it out of the park. Actually scratch that, the next 3 releases have to be really strong tables, because IMO outside of Sorcerer (which might not even make it) and Ace High (which is a gorgeous EM, but those have thier haters...) the last remaining Gottliebs suck (Victory and El Dorado). So they HAVE to put strong tables with them. I mentioned this in another thread but F2K/Goin Nuts sales have been low and that saddens me and I want people to get excited for Pibball Arcade again. Another weak release like say 8-Ball Deluxe and Voctory could really hut Farsight and turn the cut caused by F2K and GN into a gaping wound.

8-Ball is a classic but we've had too many classics too close together. It's time for some really strong DMDs. That being said I'm very optimistic for Pack 19 and I think it's going to be something mind lowing like Road Show or Getaway, Tales from the Crypt or Rollercoaster Tycoon. Well see soon!

Again....couldn't agree more....

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013
I'd be thrilled with "Fish Tales" and "Corvette" (maybe even "Cue Ball Wizard") as the last two big ones.

I was hoping for "Bram Stoker's Dracula" or "Tales from the Crypt" for October, but after not getting either, I can't see neither coming out for a while. I'm saddened, but I got no complaints with the choices of HH and Class of 1812.

I've never played either one, so I'm pretty excited to check them out!

Fish Tales together with Corvette for November en BSD together with Tales from the Crypt for December would be a nice welcome after the deception of last couple of months....(except T2 of course!)
This would also definitely boost sales for TPA!!

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013
I love this game and am still going to buy tables but are we really only getting 1 premium license for season 2 or will they surprise us in pack 20? Seems like season one is so much better than season 2. Season one had a majority of the top 10 tables ever, which is very epic. Also season one had 2 premium "expensive" license tables. Season one also included the 4 base tables. Season one also had a bunch of less expensive premium licenses (harley davidson, elvira, monster bash, cftbl). All in all season 2 seems to be smaller and much less valuable when you look at them next to each other. i wonder what is going on with that next kickstarter?

I think that says it all....couldn't agree more, probably the way to attract the big public for TPA, and now that they got them, they are getting the cheaper stuff out, I think most people buy the packs anyway, it's kind of like a subscription, if you get it they welcome you with all kind of stuff, but as soon as you're in....

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Are you two guys bashing my favorite Gottlieb tables by saying the 90's were Assy. My favorite 90's tables are.

1) Rescue 911 (it's no. 1 on my most wanted 90's Gottlieb tables)
2) Surf N Safari
3) Street Fighter
4) Bone Busters Inc.
5) Cactus Jack (the playfield gets boring, but with the Awesome music who cares)
6) Wipeout
7) Lights, Camera, Action
8) Freddy: Nightmare on Elm Street
9) Super Mario Brothers (it will never happen, but I had fun playing it)
10) Stargate (Not one of my extreme favorites, but I enjoy it when I play it)

You do realize that both Bone Busters and Lights...Camera...Action! came out in 1989, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.