Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.2 [iOS/Android]

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Again, I think the issue here isn't the settings, it's the poor descriptions of them.

'Flipper tap pass 0 - 100%' tells you almost exactly nothing about what it does, and is not something I'd necessarily fiddle with if I thought I had laggy flippers.

Something like 'Flipper delay - allows tap passing' would make sense. Assuming that's what it actually does... I asked up thread, but got no reply.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Again, I think the issue here isn't the settings, it's the poor descriptions of them.

'Flipper tap pass 0 - 100%' tells you almost exactly nothing about what it does, and is not something I'd necessarily fiddle with if I thought I had laggy flippers.

Something like 'Flipper delay - allows tap passing' would make sense. Assuming that's what it actually does... I asked up thread, but got no reply.
I'd agree some descriptions or names are poor, but English isn't the teams first language (I don't think) so you have to bear that in mind. They make an awesome Pinball app though.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Flipper tap pass controls the amount of time it takes for the flipper to go from unenergised to fully energised.
Zero is a slow moving flipper. 100% a fast moving flipper.

This is great Baron. Thanks! Everytime I read one of your posts, I always go "Ohhhhhhh!".

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
To help Zsolt and ASK we should come up with the optimum settings for a casual player, and they should use our suggestions as the default settings for the game. I love the options, but some lack the desire or patience to screw with it. Some just want to turn it on and play a game, with optimal settings of corse. Baron's camera settings and the flipper setting would be a great start. Also I think new glass or no glass gives the best first impression. What do you guys think?

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
After changing my graphics settings for all tables and playin a couple of rounds on different tables im happy with all fixes who came with this update and i really like the new table, though i do agree with quite some points which Night posted in this thread.

The menu icons are too big indeed and im sure ASK can find icons in size and style which are more representative for this collection.
7709ef00578a16bbfd80a55df530d5df.jpg

Im not a fan of the scrolling bar menu structure either, also, when scrolling up and down i have to be careful not to change settings by accident.

An alternative could be to use the old menu structure with two pages, the first page with the most common editing features and a second page with all bells and whistles which were added after this last update.

Personally i dont really understand the advantage of having those dark grey bars on the sliders because they are limiting a good view of the table when editing.
73f2a067ae6cb1022d5b124de40791b6.jpg

Yes indeed., why is the lightmap force set to the max ?, this looks really bad and it would look much more attractive if the settings were configured more balanced by default.

Also the "dont show this message again " option is not added to the game time bonus screen and it would be just great to get rid of this message.

Yess, the physics play real nice and its just somuch more fun to play after all progressions made, though still the ball drops dead on the slings just Too Much and frequently you lose the ball between the flippers, shure every now and then this happens on a real table but certainly not this much like on the ASK sims.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I assume this is what they've done with their Arcade settings.

Yeah Im happy with the arcade settings, but the default settings are on custom after an update, for me at least. Maybe the starting configuration for custom should match arcade. That or Arcade should just be the default when starting up the app.

What do you think the best graphics settings would be for a new player or someone who just wants casual play? It should look it best to make a good first impression. I like the white leds, no glass, night mode...

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Loving the new update.

The new lighting on soccer kings makes it like almost a new table.

Agree with the icons being too big and the scrolling through physics setting is annoying.

Couple of requests.

Could you put lights behind the upper and lower drop targets on the upper left side of Farfalla?

devil riders is now too dark in dark mode. the metal ramps have no light.

the slingshots on shooting the Rapids are blurry.

Is there a way to make the giant resume game count down numbers be sharper? Right now they seem fuzzy.

Great work as always and thanks for doing the blahcade podcast. Excited to see where ASK goes next.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Maybe even "Flipper Stroke Speed".

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
To help Zsolt and ASK we should come up with the optimum settings for a casual player, and they should use our suggestions as the default settings for the game. I love the options, but some lack the desire or patience to screw with it. Some just want to turn it on and play a game, with optimal settings of corse. Baron's camera settings and the flipper setting would be a great start. Also I think new glass or no glass gives the best first impression. What do you guys think?
+1. This would lower the entry barrier for some folks who don't want to fiddle and fuss. Just flip and pass.

night

May 18, 2012
Farfalla has lag/stuttering issues on the iPad2 since the last update. Settings: no background, no particles, glass 'clear' with glass reflextion 'on'. All the new graphic options are set to 'off' (glow/table reflection/motion blur are off).

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Slings and bumpers are more powerful in 'Pinball Champ 82' than other tables in app, which makes physics tuning inconsistent.

Future Feature request 1 - option to turn off 'Game Time Bonus' which can be done on a real table, and is operator setting no31.
I just find it annoying personally and have seen quite a few reviews post the same.
I'd sooner just have 3 balls

Feature request 2 - mono sound option through headphones. Don't know if this is possible.

Feature request 3 - option to save, export import physics settings.

Just suggestions if possible. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Farfalla has lag/stuttering issues on the iPad2 since the last update. Settings: no background, no particles, glass 'clear' with glass reflextion 'on'. All the new graphic options are set to 'off' (glow/table reflection/motion blur are off).
Thanks, we will check it!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Baron I thought you could already turn off bonus message. Let me check and report back.
EDIT didn't read your post properly....You want to disable whole featute not just message

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.