Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.2 [iOS/Android]

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
What do you think? Zacc themed Android home screen with clock widget.

5fd7c425c8bbfc650f317eade5cc439c.jpg

Touch the title on the backglass, and it fires up the 'Zaccaria Pinball' app. :)

Really cool! How'd you do it? Id love to sneak this on my girls phone lol

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
V3.4.2 for iOS is in at the App Store. So far, I've only had time to try a few tables, but my lowly iPad 2 seems to be keeping up pretty well. I can't take advantage of the table reflections, but my iPad is handling the new dynamic lighting on the ball and flippers well.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Turn 'rolling tap pass' value up.
It's unthinkably good for a mobile device.

I wish that option were available in Arcade mode. I've noticed a bit of drag and/or flipper weakness on some tables, while it's never felt better on others. Too early for me to pass judgement. :)

I've had to adjust the graphics on several tables. I prefer the light mapping to not blow out the details. Blackbelt looks and plays fantastic. Devil Riders and Soccer Kings look like new tables.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
First observations is that I don't like the big upscaled menu icons on my iPad, this looks cheap. The smaller icons where much more sophisticated.
I am not a fan of the scrolling menu structure either. I understand this will be good for a mobile phone, but not for a tablet! What is lost here is overview; I much prefer the old settings structure.
For more precise control I would have liked + - buttons so you can tab to change the settings more precise (but please keep the sliders). With so many settings you need to keep things simple in one overview.

So far none of the new graphics settings work on my iPad2 without running into gameplay issues. Only reflection of the ball and reflection on the playfield, but this last setting caused serious stutter issues on Farfalla so I switched back to 'ball only'.
The new glow fx and all that magic does cause stuttering, also on my iPhone 6! I tried to lower the render quality but it makes the tables look ugly and does not help on both devices.
I understand that the iPad2 is an older device and that the ball and table glass reflections where the last great special fx it could handle. Kind of strange my iPhone6 is having troubles with it as well
as the processor is better. I also doubt if the 'render quality' slider is a good idea. Perhaps it might help some to run these fx on their devices but this come with a big graphics quality trade-off. Why would anyone choose to lower the quality of the graphics, just to see some extra glow or reflections? If I where ASK I would skip that option slider to safe some space in the menu. Without the new graphics fx Zaccaria is already beautiful, all the rest is just extra if your device can handle it.

The flipper tap pass is set to off as a default, I think this should not be off at default because it looks like the ball is made of lead. But setting it to 50% is a world of difference. Still trying to find the right feeling/setting.

The lightmap force is really overblown at default on a lot of tables. Really-really bright. Problem is that all detail is lost this way. I made my adjustments in the past but everything seems to be reset to default,
so need to do some tweaking on that one again! (I wonder if this in not too much brightness for the buyers who do not have access to the custom settings..)

A lot of interesting graphics settings in this new update, unfortunately both of my devices do not digg them.. Need to do more experimentations but these are my first impressions. Moonflight seems fun!

ps. When the metal lanes are down on Devil Riders you can see the black shadows(?) of the dropdown targets on the metal. Great graphics update on the table art btw! Love it.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'd definitely agree default setting for 'rolling tap pass' needs to be 50%, not zero.
This could seriously hurt people's first impressions of the app.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
I'm digging the update. The games really seem to play like machines from the 70's and 80's.

The Zaccaria app is also the best pinball value going right now. Loads of (customizable) tables for under twenty bucks. (I haven't bought a Farsight table since purchasing seasons one and two [no more classic EM tables from the 70's, no more money from me].)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
iPad 2 very slight flipper lag. Not much but enough to be off putting. Bug report option crashes out each time
Chris - we've seen a few people complain of flipper lag. Feeling like a stuck record a little but, have you turned up 'flipper tap pass' setting?

Two settings control flippers.
Flipper strength and flipper tap pass.
Flipper tap pass controls the amount of time it takes for the flipper to go from unenergised to fully energised.
Zero is a slow moving flipper. 100% a fast moving flipper.

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
I'm digging the update. The games really seem to play like machines from the 70's and 80's.

The Zaccaria app is also the best pinball value going right now. Loads of (customizable) tables for under twenty bucks. (I haven't bought a Farsight table since purchasing seasons one and two [no more classic EM tables from the 70's, no more money from me].)

I too have expressed a desire to see more EM tables in TPA. I and several others raised a stink about it several months ago when Xenon was selected as the user choice table. At the time, I pleaded to have at least one EM table per year, but the majority of folks did not see it that way. Subsequently, in visiting Farsight's website, it was explained that EM tables were simply not popular among the majority of users and that was cited as the reason that there were very few of them.

I guess business is business and I get that Farsight needs to be concerned about their bottom line. It has been my hope that ASK Homework would take up this mission and find a niche market in EM remakes beyond the excellent work that has been done w/ the Zac tables.

Anyway, overall, I am liking the update. First, the new table is great! I am getting used to the new lighting effects still after getting them all set the way I wanted in the last update. More choices is always better...I think.. I do notice the difference in the new physics with the flippers. The EM tables are playing more like real EM tables with the flippers toned down. At times, I found it irritating....a similar reaction I used to have w/ real EM tables. Also, I do bounce passes now, which in the old update was extremely risky.

The larger icons in the settings menu seems a bit overdone. I agree with Night that smaller icons give a more overall view.

photonmonkey

Feb 24, 2015
I am loving the update so far, tables do feel different but for me in a good way. just got a personal best on 'Socccer Kings' I haven't messed with the 'tap pass' settings. Agreed the default light map settings on most tables are over blown but a quick tweak sorts that. Performance wise on my IPad Air I just turn blur off and seems ok. Some of the tables do look totally different with the new lighting and the new table is simple but lots of fun!

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Chris - we've seen a few people complain of flipper lag. Feeling like a stuck record a little but, have you turned up 'flipper tap pass' setting?

Two settings control flippers.
Flipper strength and flipper tap pass.
Flipper tap pass controls the amount of time it takes for the flipper to go from unenergised to fully energised.
Zero is a slow moving flipper. 100% a fast moving flipper.

Wasn't aware of the tip Baron, thanks mate I'll give it a whirl

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.