1 Ball Challenge

N

netizen

2 extra balls waiting, one ball locked in the machine, kept choking on the final transformation :(

K

Korven

3a5a2yme.jpg

Edit: Hmm, that image got messed up. Anyway, ~24M.

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
i like this concept :)

i was perhaps a little lucky, 2x metamorphoses, one awarded 50 Million and the other the Billion

Screenshot_2013-02-27-17-24-46_cropped_zpsfba1b16d.png

(had a couple of extra balls stacked to play after ball 1, but squandered those and the two regulation balls as well; ended up with a final score that wouldn't trouble the leaderboards or harry any sheep)

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
1,345,560 for me. I hate to post this after Day's score. That is a tough act to follow.

I wasn't sure initially if I should post or not as on first inspection, you might all think my score non-genuine. but take away the 50 mil, and the 1 bill single shot awards, and one is left with a reasonable not exceptional or unreachable 54 mil. I just got lucky with my ramp shots and the pinball gods were shining on me as the big wheel spun.

I used to play this table in Lucky Star amusements, south shore Blackpool, UK in the '80s. both the shuttle ramp and the centre heart ramp were far more challenging making full metamorphesis a hugely thrilling achievement. and following that up with a billionaires club shot, i'd have been doing cartwheels :)

I'm just an average Joe player, sometimes in the zone but invariably I'll have significantly more crap games than good ones. this score might be tough to beat and on my ratio of bad to good games, I don't for a minute imagine I'd repeat this. hopefully crushed_turtle will keep this challenge going for several more tables, I find the idea of starting a game and saying this is the one that counts, 1 ball only, no matter what the score, I have to post it, to really get the adrenalin flowing, esp once you start racking up some points. it's a death or glory kind of challenge.

@Kolchak, nice hi-score on Firepower! as hard as I try, I just cannot break through the mil on this table.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

N

Nik Barbour

.I used to play this table in Lucky Star amusements, south shore Blackpool, UK in the 80's.

I used to save my money from Saturday jobs, and once a month-ish, me and a mate would ride a train to Blackpool, then spend the lot playing in various Arcades on the front. This was very early 90's.

If we started running out of money, we used to know an exploitation trick for the Naughts and Crosses bandits which gave your funds a top up.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
me and a mate would ride a train to Blackpool, then spend the lot playing in various Arcades on the front. This was very early 90's.

You lived in Preston? Blackburn? Manchester? Leeds? Liverpool ?

If we started running out of money, we used to know an exploitation trick for the Naughts and Crosses bandits which gave your funds a top up.

Hope i never had to kick you out of my arcade ;-) ...well not mine, a family-run enterprise "Playaway", which was the second arcade along from the start proper of the Golden Mile south-end (2nd after Foxhall square). ....i'd have been (playing) working there for a number of summer-season jobs during my teens / 80's. floorwalking, empting, light maintenance...and lots of freeplays when the boss wasn't around.

I used to know a guaranteed payout for Barcrest Line-ups. Barry Noble's had loads of Line-ups which we used to empty at will. It took the staff there some considerable time to work out what we were doing (insert coin at a particular point during attract mode and a hold was guaranteed).

Blackpool seafront looks a sorry place these days...it was all so much better when we were young :)

N

Nik Barbour

You lived in Preston? Blackburn? Manchester? Leeds? Liverpool ?

Hope i never had to kick you out of my arcade ;-) ...well not mine, a family-run enterprise "Playaway", which was the second arcade along from the start proper of the Golden Mile south-end (2nd after Foxhall square). ....i'd have been (playing) working there for a number of summer-season jobs during my teens / 80's. floorwalking, empting, light maintenance...and lots of freeplays when the boss wasn't around.

I used to know a guaranteed payout for Barcrest Line-ups. Barry Noble's had loads of Line-ups which we used to empty at will. It took the staff there some considerable time to work out what we were doing (insert coin at a particular point during attract mode and a hold was guaranteed).

Blackpool seafront looks a sorry place these days...it was all so much better when we were young :)

Wigan - still live locally.

I can't remember the exact exploit, but there were newer and older machines, but if you found an older machine with the first two reels on 'X' you had to hold the reels, then cancel the hold and it gave nudges, which guaranteed you a £1 payout.
Little money I know, but I could play for a 1/2 hour off a quid, and those OXO bandits were everywhere at the time.

It's definitely sad the state Blackpool is in nowadays. Hadn't been for a while, but took my lad to the illuminations last year. I'm a bigish guy, but it did not feel safe down the backstreets anymore.

Spent several holidays and countless days out there. A lot of good memories. A lot of good pinball tables back then.

Sorry for the off topic Guy's. :)

Malpeine

Oct 9, 2012
1 022 327 270.

First ball of the first game since a long time.
I finish with 4 billions after a lot of attempt at the big wheel but was not so lucky, my third score though.

I love this table, too bad the billion kill it.

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
topically.... Firepower ? (Blackhole is also fine by me... Genie drives me nuts)

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I would say black hole too. Bit curious with the 360 behind on updates if that would be fair though. Not sure when they put in the lower playfield changes.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I would say black hole too. Bit curious with the 360 behind on updates if that would be fair though. Not sure when they put in the lower playfield changes.

You're right. I forgot that the 360 was never updated since the lower playfield was fixed. I want to change my request to Gorgar.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts