200/200 Club

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I don't mind achievements and I am not knocking those who do, but after spending 1/2 an hour restarting TOTAN trying to spell HAREM I realised I wasn't having any fun. Surely games are meant to be fun? I've given up on the achievements now, I have a couple but pinball to me is about having fun and beating your best. I'm not a competitive person except with myself. I suck at golf but I enjoy playing it and trying to beat my own "high scores". I feel achievements can be fun and add a lot to a game, e.g. Find all the hidden treasure, but I think with pinball they detract from the fun a little. Theoretically I could be no1 on the leaderboards without spelling HAREM. (That will never happen). I have a mate who played all the Disney kids games just for the achievements.

For me, besting my high score is all that matters to me, and online leaderboards are great for something to strive for.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Got all of the PSN Trophies on the Vita. The only one that gave me real trouble was the Harem multiball, but even that only had me stuck for a couple of hours.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
The one that gave me the most trouble BY FAR was Atlantis on Ripley's. Harem mutliball definitely took some time, but the funny thing about that one is that I worked specifically to get it for a few days, and then after that I managed to get it consistently when I was just playing the machine and not even trying for it!

That left loop shot (both loops really) are a big part of that table anyways, so once you get decent at it and get a good game going, it seems the Harem multiball starts to come more naturally.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Have them all now as of May 14, Ripley's wizard goals was the last and most difficult for me. Strange though that I had frog frenzy before I was able to get start the trip to Atlantis. TOTAN was the first table I was able to master, no surprise there though I was pretty good at it from PHOF Williams Collection.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
It is blowing my mind that some of you are claiming Harem Multiball to be harder to start than Frog Frenzy. It's five shots! Frog Frenzy takes like a minimum of 30 minutes of perfect play focused solely on that one objective and even then requires a decent amount of luck.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
It is blowing my mind that some of you are claiming Harem Multiball to be harder to start than Frog Frenzy. It's five shots! Frog Frenzy takes like a minimum of 30 minutes of perfect play focused solely on that one objective and even then requires a decent amount of luck.

I agree that they are both hard, but going for the Harem goal forces you to not play the game since going into almost any tale nullifies your ability to get it for a while. I also found that at least on the Vita reliably making the shot was nearly impossible. Also when the ball went a speck to far to the left it would bounce up to the Genie and start a mode. With the Frog Frenzy, you do it during multiball play so as long as you are able to juggle the balls decently enough, the ramp shots are a piece of cake. Plus, the multiball give you insurance if you screw up or get a bad bounce. I found Frog Frenzy to be simple and Harem to be mostly luck lol.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
I think frog frenzy is much tougher, but I disagree that you'd be focusing solely on that objective. You just need a really good game with lots of super jackpots - which is what you'd normally want anyway. For harem, I mostly ignore it and often won't get it even in very high-scoring games. When I do need it for the goal (have played on five machines, so with updates have done this around 10 times now), I just dedicate a game just for the goal -- ignore the super skill shot and always shoot for the orbit on the first shot every ball. After it's completed, I can go back to playing the game for real.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I got Harem Multiball only once so far, but once is more than enough anyway since it scores almost zero, so all you'll be needing it for is to finish the standard goals. :p Bizarrely pretty much all of the following wizard goals are cakewalk material. Spinning the lamp 60 times? Doing it every game without even trying! Finishing the camel race? Yes, of course, why not? :confused:

However I can't see what in the world would keep me from giving up on trying to get Atlantis, let alone even Frog Frenzy. It might not be impossible to get those modes (others got them after all!), it's just very unlikely. It's not enough to hit a target/ramp three times within a short timeframe, no - it has to be done up to six times! Sheesh. And even if it's going good for once - the incredibly bouncy ball will always find a way to drain cheaply just before you can get the Ripley letter. I can't take it anymore. Seriously, I can't take it anymore. (Apart from that I don't find that table very fun anyway. And whenever I hear the idol screeching or the pengiun quacking I get one step closer to gaining ear cancer.)

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
I got Atlantis over the weekend, and then, as I changed strategy in an attempt to get Frog Frenzy, ended up accidentally getting Atlantis again and beating my high score.

What I would recommend:

-Figure out which modes you can get a letter in consistently. For me, this was Australia and Asia. For the rest: Screw it! For Europe and South America, I would just hold the ball until the timer ran out. For the multiball ones, I would just let a ball drain right away. Then, hit the right ramp, light the next continent, and you're on your way. Three passes through the continents got me six letters, and if you're lucky enough to get another letter from BOZO or Amazing Event, then you're all set. If not, one more trip through the continents should do it.

-Know how to force a left flipper trap. There are a few repeatable strategies.
1. If the ball is coming from the Amazing Event scoop, hold the left flipper up. This will either force an immediate LF trap, or it will hit the slingshot and go into the right inlane. Hold the right flipper up, and this will make it across to the left flipper, and you can trap it there. This is 100% repeatable.
2. If you have the ball trapped in the right flipper, release it, and *just* as it starts to roll, flip it. If you time it right, it will hit the right ramp, sending it to the left inlane. This is tricky, but incredibly handy if you can master it. (Note: This is *not* the same trick as bouncing it off of the bottom of the slingshot. That doesn't appear to work at all on this table. (Right to left, at least.)
3. When the ball comes out of the Continent scoop (and starts to roll down the front of the right loop) hold both flippers up. The ball will roll off the upper-right flipper. Most times, this will hit, in order: bottom of left slingshot, left flipper, bottom of right slingshot, right flipper, and it will come harmlessly to rest in the left flipper trap. Sometimes it misses the right slingshot, in which case it will come to rest trapped in the right flipper. (And then you can use #2 above to get it to the left.) VERY occasionally, it will bounce straight up off of the left slingshot, leaving the potential for a SDTM, but you'll have plenty of time to nudge away from this.

Hoping to get Frog Frenzy sometime this week!

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Got Frog Frenzy earlier tonight. Now a proud member of 200/200.

In the end, getting Frenzy wasn't really hard, just wildly time-consuming. It took me about 45 minutes. 5 trips through the continents, plus two SJs off of Ripoff. Once I got it, I ended up draining the 5 balls I had left because I was sick of playing. Still finished with a score of 250 mil. I can only imagine where that would have put me if I kept at it.

Dante Kleinberg

Jun 6, 2012
Yes!!! After SO many tries I finally completed the Grand Finale in Theatre of Magic and got 200/200!!

For me, that was the hardest goal. With Atlantis and Frog Frenzy you just had to get to them, not actually finish them. Same with Rescue the Princess. I got to the Grand Finale several times, but I'd always panic and lose my ball before getting all the shots. But not today! :cool:

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Congrats! I was very lucky that I was able to complete the Grand Finale the first time I started it, but yeah, I sympathize with how easy it is to panic once it starts.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I am not sure what it means, the grande finale'', but i have resuced the princess first nigtht of playing. Then the game starts all over again, but you still have your score.

Not sure, long time since i played these machine. But i got all jewels, then i saved the princess and then i see a DMD video, get 20 million, and then it restarts? Is that correct?

So, did i beat totan in that play?

I got 112 million that game, which i am trying to put into my signature, but i cant see it on the forum yet. (edit, ah!! my signature is there now)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I am not sure what it means, the grande finale'', but i have resuced the princess first nigtht of playing. Then the game starts all over again, but you still have your score.

Not sure, long time since i played these machine. But i got all jewels, then i saved the princess and then i see a DMD video, get 20 million, and then it restarts? Is that correct?
The Grand Finale is Theatre of Magic's wizard mode. It has nothing to do with TotAN.

And yes, rescuing the Princess completes TotAN's wizard mode, awards a lengthy animation and 20M points, then resumes play.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Oh, ok, i am sorry, mixed them both up by reading to fast this lines:

Same with Rescue the Princess. I got to the Grand Finale several times, but I'd always panic and lose my ball before getting all the shots. But not today! :cool:

Have and played the game only few hours, and last time i played these for real is more then 15 years ago i think, so need to come back to me when i play more of this.

Last edited:

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Welp, decided to start compiling a one-stop shop goals list and advice thread.

If anybody has any advice on completing specific goals that they found difficult, please post your write-ups in my new table goals thread, and I will edit in some links so everybody can have a one-stop shop for goals help. Thanks!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Looks like your 100% completion for this title will be trivial to defend going forward. In case you missed it, FarSight's Mike Reitmeyer has confirmed in another thread that each DLC table will have only one achievement and that it will be for getting onto the local top 5 scores. Honestly, with a niche title like this I can hardly imagine anyone who bought TPA not doing that by accident on their first play of a new table. What a disgrace. I was really looking forward to the challenge of defending my completion percentage. I guess I'll just have to start compiling screenshots of the wizard goals lists or something.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Looks like your 100% completion for this title will be trivial to defend going forward. In case you missed it, FarSight's Mike Reitmeyer has confirmed in another thread that each DLC table will have only one achievement and that it will be for getting onto the local top 5 scores. Honestly, with a niche title like this I can hardly imagine anyone who bought TPA not doing that by accident on their first play of a new table. What a disgrace. I was really looking forward to the challenge of defending my completion percentage. I guess I'll just have to start compiling screenshots of the wizard goals lists or something.

That is some pretty bad news. If they only have 1 achievement to work with for the tables, it should at least go towards a real challenge like beating all of the Wizard goals. Making it a top 5 highscore one is just pointless.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.