2016-Aug-26 20-minute tournament: EBD, PZone, Diner, LCA, JY, FT, CBW, EDCoG

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
Absolutely! I'm thrilled to know that someone else feels the same way that I do. I was seriously considering just popping all the toast right away to end the dog video scene to see if it was the better option than playing through it.

I too had that dilemma, and realized I had 20 toast...

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
As the player currently in 3rd place on Steam, I'm not going to wager that anyone else will crack the top 2. I've already played way too much CBW for my liking. And played an hour on Party Zone last night to improve my score... by 1M.

I was going to have another crack at Android, but the Fallout 4 Nuka World DLC dropped last night so I'm off to have fun on the rides.

One day later and just a few point to go, u can do it :)
images

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
What are you guys doing for JY? My 2 best games I got kinda lucky and still have a sorry rank. First time I got Mamuska and spammed the crane until multiball started. My best game I had all the junk around 2min left and boom I find out this table has Midnight Maddness, a fun suprise and worth the points.

I had thought time machine only lit once a game before now, I am going to have to give this pin a closer look. I am enjoying it more but still getting owned :p

Aug 31, 2016
Hi everybody, I just joined this forum. I'm currently #6 in Steam Gold, looking forward on chatting on the tourney. My Twitch stream is https://www.twitch.tv/virtualpinballfanatic

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well that was rude, down from 4th to 7th in the space of a single morning.

I honestly don't know if I can be bothered this evening, my stated goal of Top 10 appears to be solidly locked up.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Midnight Madness actually helped my JY score a lot. Of course, you have to be playing around midnight your time, but it still kicks in for the tournament.

Aug 31, 2016
Midnight Madness actually helped my JY score a lot. Of course, you have to be playing around midnight your time, but it still kicks in for the tournament.

Hm, just managed to force Midnight Madness by altering my internal time to just before midnight. It gives the scores a big boost, but changing my local time feels like cheating.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
for a tournament things like midnight madness should have been disabled. since its not part of your average game imo it is cheating.

nothing to be done at this stage.

Aug 31, 2016
for a tournament things like midnight madness should have been disabled. since its not part of your average game imo it is cheating.

nothing to be done at this stage.

Agreed. Just improved my score a lot, but not thx to midnight mode. Played without it and managed to complete outer space just in time..

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013

Farsight can't reach inside the ROM and do that (if the ROM even has such an option.) Only if they provided an entire separate starting ROM state ahead of time. But if they were ever to do that, they'd have the ability to do full-blown proper tournament mode settings anyway.

Farsight can set the clock time that the ROM sees (already happens as part of normal operation), so could set a non-midnight time for tournament games, if they thought of it and wanted to expend the effort and wanted to have to push a program update just for the tournament.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I think it's super cool that the rom emulation in the TPA app can communicate with the device's internal clock and could do the midnight madness mode. That's awesome!

I experienced midnight madness IRL at my local barcade with Congo - fun surprise.

What other machines have that mode?

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I think WhoDunnit is the only other table in TPA with Midnight Madness. But with this sports-themed season, NBA Fastbreak might get done....

Other tables with Midnight Madness:

Congo
Johnny Mnemonic
Dirty Harry

Along with some of the new Sterns.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Very little time this week overall, due to college. Could've done better, but the tables weren't that good of choices.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Is there a more frustrating table for a timed tournament than Junk Yard? Everything takes forever. Ball in play to total time ratio might be under 50%. And yes, I'm just bitter because I hit 0:00 halfway through the animation counting my 10m bonus for 20+ fireworks.

I learned that I hate this table through this tournament.

On my highest scoring game I purposefully drained one of my EB's to collect the bonus before the timer ran out because I knew it would get me far more points than actually trying to play it.

Didn't know about Midnight Madness. Lame.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I learned that I hate this table through this tournament.

On my highest scoring game I purposefully drained one of my EB's to collect the bonus before the timer ran out because I knew it would get me far more points than actually trying to play it.

Didn't know about Midnight Madness. Lame.

Draining a ball on purpose for a bonus in a timed tournament is pretty much a given as a strategy.

As for Midnight Madness, I didn't even realize what was going on when it started, so I just went with it. As others have mentioned, it's part of the ROM.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.