AGE of TPA players

AGE of TPA players

• Total voters

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
I'm 44 and have never really been a video game player, however I love real life pinball and since I discovered The Pinball Arcade I now play every day. The are no pinball tables left in the area of the UK that I live in (or none that I know of) and so I haven't played real life pinball in years and so getting to play these classic tables again on my iPad is just awesome and I am now looking forward to the PC release.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I'm 44 and have never really been a video game player, however I love real life pinball and since I discovered The Pinball Arcade I now play every day. The are no pinball tables left in the area of the UK that I live in (or none that I know of) and so I haven't played real life pinball in years and so getting to play these classic tables again on my iPad is just awesome and I am now looking forward to the PC release.
If you have transport you might want to check out the UK pinball league, they hold meets at private collectors houses. Mind you possibly due to the popularity of TPA the number of people attending these meets is snowballing.

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
Actually, Night, electricity hadn't yet been discovered... so we had these hamsters running on a wheel to generate power... ah, the good ol' days...

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
When I was a kid I abandoned pinball for video games.

How ironic that today my favorite video game is a pinball sim.

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013

College years spanned '87-'93 (the first go-round) and there were a LOT of pinball machines in the student union building.

Went back to college and finished a degree '08-'10. People think I'm in my '30s.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Very interesting to see a video game where teenage players are a tiny minority..! And 20-30 being the third smallest bracket.

You'd think with the average age of the players, there'd be more maturity on the Facebook page...

night

May 18, 2012
So Pinball Gamers are probably the oldest on average?;)

Yeah, but go figure, our generation grew up with pinball (and videogames -> Atari's). No kid today spends his time in the arcades, there is hardly such thing around anymore.
Pinball is retro. We are retro. That's why the 'family mode' (and After Dark) is such nonsense, as almost all TPA players are Anti-aging cream users anyway.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Very interesting to see a video game where teenage players are a tiny minority..! And 20-30 being the third smallest bracket.

You'd think with the average age of the players, there'd be more maturity on the Facebook page...

In the states teenage gamers are the minority. I think the average age of a gamer in the US is around 30. I think facebook is an ass magnet.

crazy7892

Nov 15, 2012
yea I'm 24, I was the tail end of the golden 90s pinball era 1995 - 1999. I was lucky to still have some arcades in my city, and a Adams family pinball machine in a hotel near my house in mint condition!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.