AGE of TPA players

AGE of TPA players

• Total voters

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I was born six tigers ago. You'll get what I'm sayin' the next time you're eating some Kung Pao.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
HAPPY B-DAY PiN WiZ! 37's the NEW 17! :)
Wish that were true, as I turn 37 myself in a few months. Unfortunately, it's all backwards now. Mark Zuckerberg and others like him blew the curve, so now if you're 30 or over, and are not a multimillionaire, you are (according to Forbes) a loser.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I wonder if the decision to make another pinball arcade has any correlation with the arcade era coming to maturity and looking for a little reprieve? Is PINBALL truly making its comeback?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Surprised, and pleased, to see more people in the 40-50 bracket than the 20-30 bracket. Means it's far from too late to me! :) I got a good few decades to get better at this game!
29 here.

Not really. We need some young'uns to keep the pinball spirit alive. It's going to be increasingly difficult to play "real pinball", or at least arcade style pinball because arcades are pretty much novelties, and even fewer of them contain pinball machines (I surveyed a few - there were few traditional arcade machines - most were fancy DDR or claw game style machines, or multiplayer racing games).

Getting young people interested in traditional pinball would keep it alive... otherwise stuff like TPA will only appeal to old fogies like us.

Blueshirt

Nov 17, 2012
Well now I feel young, just turned 21 a few months ago. Celebrated at the local pinball joint, too, although they wouldn't let me have a beer due to a license that expired that day... but that's another story. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the average age of a bunch of pinheads, but man. I feel like a wee baby.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well now I feel young, just turned 21 a few months ago. Celebrated at the local pinball joint, too, although they wouldn't let me have a beer due to a license that expired that day... but that's another story. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the average age of a bunch of pinheads, but man. I feel like a wee baby.

...And then one day you find...
10 years have got behind...you...

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
35 in terms of counting actual years since being born. If you told me to act my age I'd still be in my early 20's!

I am surprised to see so many people around my age give or take a few years. I realize pinball was not as huge for people I knew as video games and consoles and I would usually see pinballs only being played by people about 5-10 years older. It's good to see that my age group either was more into it than I thought or at least came around (or came back) to it!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Surprised and disappointed by how few teens are playing this game. I guess they are too young to know what they are missing.
My nephew is 14 and I'll bet he has never played a real pinball machine. I'm going to have to change that.

N

Nik Barbour

Surprised and disappointed by how few teens are playing this game. I guess they are too young to know what they are missing.
My nephew is 14 and I'll bet he has never played a real pinball machine. I'm going to have to change that.

Maybe younger players do exist but prefer Facebook.
Or don't post anywhere - disposable gaming generation and all.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012

To be honest, as a kid I always hated pinball. The only pinball game I liked was Sonic Spinball. Obviously, I just never managed to realise what's so cool about it, I'm sure more people will pick it up along the way, and TPA is doing a lot to educate those people. Hell, it got me hooked.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
In the pinball league I used to play with in Portland, OR, I was the only person (all male) under 40. I think TPA is doing a huge service bringing pinball to people that wouldn't otherwise be introduced to it. My sister's husband has started seeking out machines on location, and his first introduction to pinball in any form was TZ on TPA.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Thanks for participating in the poll. I hope it continues to evolve and give FS a better IN-SIGHT to there demographic thus ditching E-10 rating...not likely,but WHY NOT!? Once again, is it cheeper,easier to publish? WHAT!?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts