Alright, so what color pinball do you use?

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Yellow ball mostly. I lose the silver one on the tables with busier artwork. I could go for a nearly featureless white ball, to be honest. Is there a white ball in any of the custom packs? Even something that was bright and glowing could be helpful...

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
UPDATE: centaur has eyeball , startrek has red ST ball with the triangle, big shots has 8 ball, taxi has yellow smile rest are silver ball .

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Is there a white ball in any of the custom packs? Even something that was bright and glowing could be helpful...

The zebra ball is pretty close, at least on my Nexus. A higer-res platform may make a liar out of me. TZ uses an all-white ceramic ball (the "Powerball") so I like to pick something else for that table. Same for Centaur: color helps pick out the ball against all that table art.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Hey! Thanks mpclemens!

Never tried the zebra ball because it looks so dull gray in the preview. That's perfect. I now use the zebra ball for everything except Champion Pub, where it doesn't matter if I can see the ball or not. I can play with my eyes closed and still score about the same.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Update #2 : a couple updates back the custom balls were made to be more visible. Some tables have issues with seeing the silver ball so i will be going through the tables and swapping out where needed so i can see it better like white water needs the green ball to stick out from artwork. ones i can see OK will keep the default silver ball .

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It sounds like there are a couple of different ones on PS3. Earlier in this thread warh0g mentioned a "golf ball" and wolfson mentioned a "taxi ball". I'd really like to see what they look like. Someone please take a pic and post!

I use the Golf Ball on No Good Gofers, but I changed all the other tables to standard after the last PS3 update.

red startrek for centaur, the yellow 1 ball for big shot, taxi ball for taxi, and the eye ball for the other 27 tables.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Eyeball-ball for the spooky tables. Green balls for Attack From Mars. Aside from that I might give the ball zebrastripes to monitor ball-behaviour better, with emphasys on might.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
dont have the taxi ball and golf ball in iOS. Anyhow i went through all the tables and most have been swapped out and now have the eye ball for visibility purposes. taxi and funhouse yellow smile ball. wh2o green ball, TZ not the zebra ball the other white ball , genie and central park keeping silver ball. I will most likely keep this set up. EDIT: big shot has the 8 ball and if we ever get eight ball deluxe it will certainly get the 8 ball as well.

Last edited:

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I usually only use the silver ball. I have tried matching colors for aesthetic reasons sometimes, but not really for an advantage.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I always play with the silver ball. One of the main reasons I enjoy FarSight is the fact that they re-create real pinball tables and they're very good at making them as realistic as possible. Never understood why I'd take all that realism, and then play with an eyeball rolling around the table or whatever. I could see doing it once for a laugh, maybe, but on a regular basis, I'm strictly Ag.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.