(An attempt at) The top 40 TPA players from leaderboard scores

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Uhm... why not? They also changed a score for me with the table Eldorado City of Gold. It was 20 million but i told them it should be 10. It's what happens on that table when u go above 10, the 10 becomes a 20. If they can change scores they can also change nicknames, i hope.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015

Click the image to download the .xlsx this was made from

Dizzer2012, Toolinit, and Terpsichore6 putting in work these last two weeks.
Removed LYKs White Water and the top 2 current Cyclone scores.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Thanks Relaxation! Wow movement at the top :), is Tarek going to take back #1? Toolinit representin' iOS between all those PC-peeps.
So iOS scores from Big Hurt and EBD are not yet counted towards the top scores? There is still an issue with iOS scores not showing up at the Farsight Leaderboards, hope that gets fixed in the next update. If you didn't take those into account, that makes Toolinit's work even more impressive....

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Dizzer2012, Toolinit, and Terpsichore6 putting in work these last two weeks.

Some work? :p

225.png

Wow movement at the top , is Tarek going to take back #1?

For sure not in the next days, maybe in the next months. Take a look at his Steam profile page. This guy is crazy. 225 hours in the last two weeks. That's more than 16 hours pinball every day. I won't and can't spend this time. That's not my sense of life...

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Some work? :p

225.png

For sure not in the next days, maybe in the next months. Take a look at his Steam profile page. This guy is crazy. 225 hours in the last two weeks. That's more than 16 hours pinball every day. I won't and can't spend this time. That's not my sense of life...

Ahaha, so predictable this reaction. I allready knew you would have to say something about the time i spend, am i paranormal? And again i have to explain to dumb people like you that i leave my pc and steam on when i go to bed to continue the next day, so that's 8 hours a day that's it on i don't play. And in between there are enough hours a day i do other things and leave it also on, so the amount i played the last 2 weeks is averaging about 4-5 hours at most. Is it that difficult to understand? Or are you just jealous and trying to come up with some insults? Mr cheating with the timed tournaments, ha ha. Good thing u can't cheat with the normal leaderboards. Why can't we take a look at your steam profile? Because u don't want people to see that u are almost at 5000 hours playtime. Whatever, go cry me a river, i'm nr.1 :cool:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
So iOS scores from Big Hurt and EBD are not yet counted towards the top scores? There is still an issue with iOS scores not showing up at the Farsight Leaderboards, hope that gets fixed in the next update. If you didn't take those into account, that makes Toolinit's work even more impressive....

That is correct, I was wondering where Toolinits score was on EBD/Big Hurt.
I also missed LYKs cheated score on Twilight Zone, happened earlier that day
maybe Cyclone on PSN is bugged? 1.3B on cyclone by qf9fcad8f49-USen today, was 490M yesterday

This guy is crazy. 225 hours in the last two weeks.
Having games paused overnight makes these numbers meaningless, which was likely the case for his F14 and Fireball games, Junkyard likely isn't so bad.. probably half the time F14 took, maybe less.

You can play in offline mode and the hours of play wont show up but in the program you're logged in so scores post, goals will post once you go online and launch the game. That's how I've been trying to hide my [shame] MSF wizard goal time.

I think we can all, for those who do go [near-]infinite, admire those who have the ability to just 'keep going' once they're well beyond 1st place.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
[MENTION=5749]Dizzer2012[/MENTION] Wow, there is apparently no love lost between you guys, is this really necessary? Let's set some standards in decency here, because all those outside the top 10 may think that it's all business and cutthroat up there.... :) I rather see some friendly competition and helping each other out, like Relaxation posting vids and other guys posting tips/strategies threads. I won't come between you and please don't aim it at me, but I felt like there should be a reaction to this feud-like conversation.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
[MENTION=5749]Dizzer2012[/MENTION] Wow, there is apparently no love lost between you guys, is this really necessary? Let's set some standards in decency here, because all those outside the top 10 may think that it's all business and cutthroat up there.... :) I rather see some friendly competition and helping each other out, like Relaxation posting vids and other guys posting tips/strategies threads. I won't come between you and please don't aim it at me, but I felt like there should be a reaction to this feud-like conversation.

I'd like to see either of them post some live gameplay.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015

Click the image to download the .xlsx this was made from
Notes: Purged of LYK, Top Cyclone score up for debate, all iOS scores didn't migrate from BHurt&EBD to the current leaderboard for calculation.

Should ToTAN even be considered in the calculation? only suspect players have scores in the >115

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Relaxation,
Thanks for compiling, but my iOS scores for BHurt and EBD are up on the leaderboards. I don't know if that is the case for all iOS players but from what I understand from FlippyFloppy (if I understood correctly) is that those scores ended up at other leaderboards and that they are in the process of putting them back where they belong. I have two nice scores on aforementioned tables, so I'm curious if that means a jump in the standings for me.... :)

Good question about TOTAN: it has always been the most hacked leaderboard but there are offcourse also legit scores that people put a lot of time in (I know I did :) ). So not considering it for calculation has it's drawbacks. Invitro applied the method that a top (10) score on any table without having scores on other tables that are remotely close to a good score, are immediately suspect as being a hack (aside from the obvious ones). That's a lot of work probably to look into. Maybe some math wiz can cook up an algoritm for this purpose? The only thing that will probably help here in the long run is if Farsight decides to clean up the leaderboards.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Place #1, 7, 16, 31 = about 100, 75, 50, 25 points each, * by ((Max Tables - 3) / 2)) = 38, so if you..
average 1st, 7th, 16th or 31st? you'll be at 3800, 2850, 1900, or 950 points.

We have 28 players that can average above 31st, 16 players averaging above 16th, 6 players averaging above 7th.. since max tables / 2, we should be able to support twice as many listed.

With that said here's your standings Slam23. I'd suggest working on tables 29 to 38 to meet or best your average to move up in rankings.

Choosing other tables is perfectly fine too, I've got 11 tables ≥14th with game time ≤ an hour, although 1 of those isn't as viable any longer (Rescue 911).. which is good for you since you did so well on it already.

As for my 'All iOS scores' note regarding EBD/BHurt, all who didn't email farsight with proofs. They've had almost 50 business days to rectify the iOS issue, maybe they'll show up 'in the next release'.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Wow, thanks for the personal and advanced scouting report! :) This is even better than just upping whatever table was figured in the "Table of the Week"-thing when we had that! I haven't checked out what my 29-38 tables precisely are, but something tells me that it won't be my all-time favorite tables.... :)
What I can't distill from your post (that may be my non-native English speaker-side, not your fault) is if you did or did not figure in my EBD and Big Hurt scores. I concur that the current situation is not very clear on if or how iOS players get back their scores, because if some of them haven't, and they did score high in the top 10-20, leaving out those scores also incorrectly inflates the position of players that have their scores registered at the leaderboards.
Anyway, as you correctly pointed out, I still have some work to do.....back to playing!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yup, saw that, but wasn't sure that this was also the scoring list you used for the overall standings, my bad!

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Inflation of points could be a complex issue, consider the following:

#Monthly tournaments, preliminary taste of score chasing or perfered choice in format?

#pinballwiz45b's scores, while great on release week they fall behind. His points stagnate because after the month is over 15-25 people beat his score but a new table comes up and the cycle starts all over again, left in perpetual 19.5th place. Which is fine, Voof and pbw45b just want to play a 'good fun game'

#T6, Fromduc, Tractor, Mark, AntonR & Benj are console players who get perpetually left behind in the release schedule, yet rarely change positions

#Gus, likely waiting for the season 6 pass for iOS

#Tdsgrip, averages 15th but only plays few tables, while Vikingerik doesn't have the time to play

#Only recently has there been new blood clawing up the boards since season 5. They still haven't broke the top 25, excluding FUUTA

#Place well on 38 tables!? all the time?! w-wait that number keeps growing?

This format could be a dead horse but I'll keep beating on anyway.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
while Vikingerik doesn't have the time to play

I could if I wanted, just not really interested compared to other things I could spend time on. I haven't bought anything since season 4. As Tarek keeps saying, this isn't real pinball, it's a game of exploiting Farsight's physics and railroads and that's become tiresome.

Also I'm behind the other leaders in terms of control scheme. It's become increasingly apparent that you need the analog nudging, but I can't get the hang of a gamepad at all and can't use anything other than a keyboard with any proficiency.

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I could if I wanted, just not really interested compared to other things I could spend time on. I haven't bought anything since season 4. As Tarek keeps saying, this isn't real pinball, it's a game of exploiting Farsight's physics and railroads and that's become tiresome.

Also I'm behind the other leaders in terms of control scheme. It's become increasingly apparent that you need the analog nudging, but I can't get the hang of a gamepad at all and can't use anything other than a keyboard with any proficiency.

True words. TPA is far away from a real machine. Btw. congrats to your 56B timeshock score. Thats's a real pinball simulation. I haven't found the time and skill to beat this in the last weeks. Someday. I hope...:)

Members online

Members online