(An attempt at) The top 40 TPA players from leaderboard scores

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Making short videos is the same right? I made a couple, but as i said before, nobody does anything with it, so why should i make more? And that's also a bit ****ty quality, but just good enough to watch for how to play. Tarek hasn't made videos for long time. I think that's because he don't want me to know for every table how he does it because i could copy the strategy. That's also for me a reason i won't make videos for EVERY table but i wanted to make a couple. But let's first see some high scores coming up for el dorado and f14. But (also said before) i guess nobody wants to play boring for 10+ hours and i can understand that. It has nothing to do with fun anyway. It's only good for people who are desperate for another nr.1 place (or top 3). So i guess 99% don't really have ambition to go for top 2/3/4 anyway and that's all good. These all must be normal people with normal lives. If it wasn't for my special motivation and multiple periods without work i wouldn't want to either. The first couple months i played this i was very happy with a couple top 100 places...

Anyway, good news for Tarek, the next month at least i won't have so much time anymore, so u can take it easy getting nr.1 back :p

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I tend to agree about my current leaderboard standing in the game. I'm not one of those people who play one game for an extreme amount of time, and while I do play live sometimes, it's just not worth the grind to take the #1 spot.

Pinball, to me, is supposed to be fun while not being an endurance test at the same time. The enjoyment really does wear off depending whether or not the game is a grind.

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
You are right, it's not worth it. Some people confuse it with skill but i think most people will not. For this reason alone (and there are others ofcourse) this whole top 40 leaderboard means nothing. It doesn't say anything, at all.

I know Tarek won't reply to me, ever. I asked this question before in the past and i like to ask again;

Where does your obsession come from? (Talking about things like playing medieval madness 3 days non stop just, or bride of pinbott when 2nd place at that time wasn't even close to 100 billion.. ?, also 3 days non stop and then say it was the most boring 3 days of his life or something like that) One thing is for sure, playing one game of pinball for 2 or 3 days is not healthy. To be honest, a kind of sickness and something to be ashamed of.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
its none of your concern or business what he does and doesnt do dizzer, stop attacking the guy ffs, his play style and yours differ big deal, live and let live

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I was 5 steps away from sniping 2nd place, on Fish Tales. When in reality it would've been 9 steps, forgot I had to tilt 4 times after timing out the ball save. Paying attention is a skill that's required.

re-did it, came up 60K short of my last potential score but whatever.. FUUTA was darn lucky to get that many 9s.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I played Teed Off last night and recorded a weird-looking 60,003,399,000 that was sort of glitchy. It was a legit game in the 60B range (mostly accumulated in multiball by raising the jackpot to 1B and keeping it going for a while.) But TPA didn't recognize that the game ended after entering initials. The ROM started another game with TPA's enter-initials box still visible the whole time. I plunged and drained three balls, scoring 3,399,000. Then TPA recognized the game had ended and applied the 60B worth of rollovers to that final ROM score.

Short version: the 60B was legit even though TPA didn't record it correctly.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015

Click the image to download the .xlsx this was made from
Did some manual adjustments and purges, still.

I'll look into your Tee'd Off request vikingerik, since my planned 3 day game (over 5 sessions) got cut short. I think I'll add WhoDunnit to the list too with it's gambling mechanic.

krazysteve1958

May 26, 2014
I could if I wanted, just not really interested compared to other things I could spend time on. I haven't bought anything since season 4. As Tarek keeps saying, this isn't real pinball, it's a game of exploiting Farsight's physics and railroads and that's become tiresome.

Also I'm behind the other leaders in terms of control scheme. It's become increasingly apparent that you need the analog nudging, but I can't get the hang of a gamepad at all and can't use anything other than a keyboard with any proficiency.

You are spot on Viking, when the strength of your game becomes your ability to "nudge" a ball headed straight down the middle into a MLB curveball to a flipper, while innovative, it pretty much destroys the credibility of the game, the score and the player. In spite of what the rankings show, I will never recognize Dizzer as the best player quite simply because he isn't. He's the Barry Bonds of pinball and Tarek is Hank Aaron. I'd like to add that this observation has nothing to do with him being a vitriol spewing douche whose sole purpose seems to be a want of recognition it's just based on facts. While my ranking is a meager 23rd compared to the Goliaths of TPA, it should be noted that I've always eschewed any methodology of deliberately draining a ball during multiball play to better my chances at a higher score. This is because the rankings have little or no meaning to me, but more so because as "old man pinball" this isn't how I know how to play and removes an essential part of the game, the part called fun.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
when the strength of your game becomes your ability to "nudge" a ball ... it pretty much destroys the credibility of the game, the score and the player.

The players are just playing to win with the tools available to them, blame the game not the player because it doesn't emulate real-world physics.

Lateral acceleration/deceleration via nudge in open space is the tool in question and anyone that has done this should be invalidated too [likely the whole list].

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i agree too the extent that exploting and engine is apart of any games elite scores, but dizzer 'tude is alittle too much at times, if you wanna attack "forum fans" at least have a cause other than highscore

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
You all can stop being jealous. It boosts my ego too much! I think i am the best nudger in the game. The thing i love most about this game is the nudging. It's sad i have to explain everything again, here we go again, some things i allready said before:
1. Allmost nobody gives a s...t about this leaderboard, maybe 10-20 people in the whole world.
2. You got to have all the time in the world if you play 3 whole days (maybe with enough breaks but say 30+ hours) to get one high score for some tables.
3. Being first place is therefore not something to be really proud of, it means u got a little bit too much time (i haven't anymore for the last 2 months so i expected Tarek 1st again but i guess that will be next month)
4. It's too easy, not all tables but enough tables are so easy with extra balls that it's just a matter of who wants to put the most time in.

Not going to explain my motivation again, done that enough times.
And krazysteve, you are not even a medium player so you don't know what you are talking about anyway. I remember you from youtube a while back. Even with some of my videos you where still saying i was cheating, so that you are just very very jealous is pretty obvious. I laugh at you (and your skill level).

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
The communication style in this thread lacks of respect. I think that's the reason that for example Invitro has stopped his detailed list. Maybe I'll follow him soon. For me TPA was a great renaissance of my real pinball time 20 years ago. For sure it's not the real thing and the nudging partys are some completely different skills and far away from the original game. Real pinball is mostly dead. I would say the best pinball simulator days are over too.

...it pretty much destroys the credibility of the game, the score and the player.

That's true for the game. And for the forum with this behaviour...

Aug 31, 2016
The communication style in this thread lacks of respect. I think that's the reason that for example Invitro has stopped his detailed list. Maybe I'll follow him soon. For me TPA was a great renaissance of my real pinball time 20 years ago. For sure it's not the real thing and the nudging partys are some completely different skills and far away from the original game. Real pinball is mostly dead. I would say the best pinball simulator days are over too.

That's true for the game. And for the forum with this behaviour...

Tarek, I totally agree with you about the communication style in this thread.
I don't agree that the best pinball simulator days are over. I still enjoy streaming TPA on twitch and chatting on the other TPA twitch streams. There is a real positive vibe in the streams and people treat each other with respect.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well, don't let one player ruin the fun I say! For some people conflict is oxygen. I would be sad to see top players leave, then us medium skilled players won't have anything to shoot for. If Farsight doesn't find a cheat- and bugproof leaderboard system, this thread is the best thing we have. So thanks again to Invitro and Relaxation for doing the chore of gathering scores every month!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.