Android 1.8.0 and Tournament: Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Can somebody explain to me how to understand the ranking in tournament mode as opposed to the number of recorded players.

Tournament_Ranking.png

I'm still trying to understand my ranking compared to players.

I would suggest an explanation about how this ranking is calculated would go a long way to clear up any first time questions.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
On the purchase page for STTNG it says both standard and pro packs are $4.99 obviously this is wrong :)

Also Ryan, I can't properly test things as I'm stuck on the free version, do I have to restore purchases somehow?

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
New Bug report info

Regarding this bug report:

"ALL Tables

Asus TF700T with stock JB 4.1.1 : Menu Bug

Play the table, when you return to the main "My Tables Menu" you get a blank black screen with no sound. Touch the Android "Home Icon" to return to desktop and touch the "Switch Program Icon" and you return to "My Table menu" abiet one table to the right.

Frequency: aprox 33%
------------------------

Also: Confirmed that ASUS TF700T is amongst devices that always return to "My Table Menu" one table to the right 100% of the time."

After considerable amount of testing I have noticed that if I am fastidious about returning to landscape view before exiting the table by touching the <exit table> icon to the "My Table" menu both of these errors never occur. I am thinking that they are 100% user error due to no Portrait View Menu yet implemented and am retracting my bug submission.

Looking forward to the new Android 1.9.0 release !

Timelord

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Need an exit button on the table selection screen, back button also doesn't quit out the app any more.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
One more thing for someone with an Android device to test: On iOS, attempting to read Page 9 of the Cardassian Multiball instructions causes the game to crash to home screen.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
One more thing for someone with an Android device to test: On iOS, attempting to read Page 9 of the Cardassian Multiball instructions causes the game to crash to home screen.

No, but the text is screwed up, when going forwards it says (NULL) then going back through Spinner.spinner.spinner.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Its actually something in the ios build, when a user joins its supposed to increment the number of people in a given tournament, but that was only working on Android.

Can somebody explain to me how to understand the ranking in tournament mode as opposed to the number of recorded players.

Tournament_Ranking.png

I'm still trying to understand my ranking compared to players.

I would suggest an explanation about how this ranking is calculated would go a long way to clear up any first time questions.

Scottee28

Jun 18, 2012
Most animations seem to be missing over the last couple of releases. Side kickers, don't animate, jet bumpers don't animate. Boards seem very static.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
DEVICE/OS: ASUS Nexus 7, Android 4.2.1

Table: Twilight Zone

Problem: All sounds above roughly 9 or 10kHz are either missing or EQ'd almost to the point of non-existence (and no it's not my ears). The upper octave of the Jackpot sound, the buzzing of the door when you lock a ball (DONT...TOUCH...THE DOOR!), etcetera. The clock's mechanical noise is WAY too loud, and also the aforementioned music "gap" in what should be a continuous uninterrupted loop.

To Reproduce: Just play this, then play a real machine for sound comparison. You'll notice there's not nearly enough treble. The clock doesn't make nearly that racket unless it's about to quit, and the launch ball music doesn't have the micro-gap when it starts over.

Other thoughts: I remember playing this machine when the local arcade had it, and they usually had it at full volume... I remember passerby stopping in just to see what in tarnation that gawd awful racket was when I jackpotted the machine :)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Problem: All sounds above roughly 9 or 10kHz are either missing or EQ'd almost to the point of non-existence (and no it's not my ears). The upper octave of the Jackpot sound, the buzzing of the door when you lock a ball (DONT...TOUCH...THE DOOR!), etcetera. The clock's mechanical noise is WAY too loud, and also the aforementioned music "gap" in what should be a continuous uninterrupted loop.

To Reproduce: Just play this, then play a real machine for sound comparison. You'll notice there's not nearly enough treble. The clock doesn't make nearly that racket unless it's about to quit, and the launch ball music doesn't have the micro-gap when it starts over.

Other thoughts: I remember playing this machine when the local arcade had it, and they usually had it at full volume... I remember passerby stopping in just to see what in tarnation that gawd awful racket was when I jackpotted the machine :)

So that is the technical explanation for the 'jackpot sequence sounding audibly reversed' I reported in the TZ beta testing thread.

Thanks for confirming the cause or more detailed symptom of that.

Why is the emulation clobbering these frequencies Ryan/Mike?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012

These sound issues are not Android-specific, both the iOS release version and the PC beta have the same problems.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Did you try logging out then in again?

On the purchase page for STTNG it says both standard and pro packs are $4.99 obviously this is wrong :)

Also Ryan, I can't properly test things as I'm stuck on the free version, do I have to restore purchases somehow?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Just tried but now I'm getting a login failure.

Killed the app, restarted it and got a text box with no text as to what to enter, stuck my email address in and it crashed to launcher. Tried again and logged in successfully, now the table is under my tables.

On the main table select screen the login button doesn't change to logout once you are logged in.

It looks like I just lost a 3bn score on TZ because I wasn't aware my login needed to be refreshed, maybe a check on application startup is required to ensure there's a valid session, its a little annoying to spend an hour on a table only to find your high score can't be posted.

Last edited:

Soluzar

Dec 20, 2012

ST:TNG is available to buy on Android now? I have the wrong mobile platform in that case.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok guys, the ST:TNG entitlements (I have been told) should have been added for everyone. As you might have seen the paid version of IOS is out and I have been told to post a build. Checking one last thing and then putting it up. I have fixed the hof screen (its no longer crazy big), the price bug, leaderboard bug (scores should now show properly), the stars should now appear correctly, and moved the star trek trigger higher up on the screen. The bulk of my time was spent fixing some tricky threading issues with the new UI. Since it locks the screen into portrait it was causing some issues (this is why some of you were seeing a black screen there when changing back to the main menu. Hopefully we can take a look at some of the other bugs that you have reported, with the holidays and what not its been quite hectic around here. I am going to have Stephen take a look at the new thread that will be created upon release.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok packing it up now, should be live in an hour or so.

I know I have said it before, but just wanted to thank all of you guys for your support. Your enthusiasm and the support you offer me personally does not go unappreciated. It certainly helps given the often lack of time and resources that I have to push each update out there. So thank you and happy holidays =)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
ok packing it up now, should be live in an hour or so.

I know I have said it before, but just wanted to thank all of you guys for your support. Your enthusiasm and the support you offer me personally does not go unappreciated. It certainly helps given the often lack of time and resources that I have to push each update out there. So thank you and happy holidays =)

Thank you for all your, and the rest of the FarSight team's, hard work and dedication as well. Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts