Android 1.8.0 and Tournament: Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nik Barbour

Happy Christmas Ryan! - Thankyou for everything in 2012!
I've barely played another Android game since Feb 10th.

BryceS

Sep 25, 2012
OK, just got the new version from Google Play and I have a number of issues. These are all on my Transformer Pad TF300 with stock 4.1.1 (haven't yet checked on my Samsung Galaxy S2).

Device orientation not taken account of. I assume that this is sometimes deliberate, for example the new menu system seems to be forced landscape. However there are some strange issues.

When downloading an updated table, the screen is still in forced landscape, but upside down.

Having loaded a table, the device orientation is detected correctly, so I can go into the table menus in portrait mode, but as soon as I actually start to play the table, it goes into forced landscape, and again upside down. This means that I am holding the device next to the power and volume buttons - not good!

On the main menu, the sensitivity to swipe is too high. When selecting an option, (e.g. "My Tables") it too often thinks that I am starting a left or right swipe gesture. To select the button, I need to carefully tap the screen with no left or right component to my action whatsoever.

After logging out and logging back in to activate my Star Trek TNG table, I tried clicking the "New Tables" button to see if there were any more to download. This seemed to close the app, dropping me back to my home screen. On reloading, The button had changed to read "New Tables (None)". The button now seems to function correctly.

In the introduction to the Star Trek table "roll" is spelled incorrectly. It should be "role".

In the Star Trek table, pressing the icon for the trigger also activates the right flippers. Normally this is not an issue, except when using "Command Decision". In this case pressing the trigger button also activates the right flipper which means that the mission selected is the one to the right of the one you actually want.

The Android back button functionality is inconsistent. Clicking back in the table menu takes me back to the "My Tables" menu, but clicking back again does not take me back to the main menu. I have to click on the in-game back button to do that.

I think Pinball Arcade is great, and geneally the new menu layout is good, but in this release there seems to be quite a lot of bugs to squish!

Edit: All issues replicated on my Galaxy S2 with the following exceptions and additions.

Pressing the New Tables button did not drop me back to the home screen. Instead I got a black screen and had to close the app from Task Manager. On reloading the button works correctly.

The text on buttons is not scaled correctly. E.g. The text on the New Tables button is truncated to "New Tables (Non", and the bottom of the text of my Hall of Fame score extends below the bottom of the button.

The device orientation issues do not exist. It is still forced landscape in menus, which I assume is deliberate, but the downloading screen is now the right way up, and if I start a game with the device held portrait, it allows me to play in portrait.

Last edited:

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
Im also being forced into upside down landscape view on all the tables

Edit: im using a asus tf300tg by the way

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
How very Odd, I think some of my orientation bug fixes fixed some devices and caused issue with others. Thankfully most of these will go away when they design the new ui in portrait mode, we were just too short on time to get it in. Thank you for your reports however I will look into them as soon as I am able and thank you for your patience.

OK, just got the new version from Google Play and I have a number of issues. These are all on my Transformer Pad TF300 with stock 4.1.1 (haven't yet checked on my Samsung Galaxy S2).

Device orientation not taken account of. I assume that this is sometimes deliberate, for example the new menu system seems to be forced landscape. However there are some strange issues.

When downloading an updated table, the screen is still in forced landscape, but upside down.

Having loaded a table, the device orientation is detected correctly, so I can go into the table menus in portrait mode, but as soon as I actually start to play the table, it goes into forced landscape, and again upside down. This means that I am holding the device next to the power and volume buttons - not good!

On the main menu, the sensitivity to swipe is too high. When selecting an option, (e.g. "My Tables") it too often thinks that I am starting a left or right swipe gesture. To select the button, I need to carefully tap the screen with no left or right component to my action whatsoever.

After logging out and logging back in to activate my Star Trek TNG table, I tried clicking the "New Tables" button to see if there were any more to download. This seemed to close the app, dropping me back to my home screen. On reloading, The button had changed to read "New Tables (None)". The button now seems to function correctly.

In the introduction to the Star Trek table "roll" is spelled incorrectly. It should be "role".

In the Star Trek table, pressing the icon for the trigger also activates the right flippers. Normally this is not an issue, except when using "Command Decision". In this case pressing the trigger button also activates the right flipper which means that the mission selected is the one to the right of the one you actually want.

The Android back button functionality is inconsistent. Clicking back in the table menu takes me back to the "My Tables" menu, but clicking back again does not take me back to the main menu. I have to click on the in-game back button to do that.

I think Pinball Arcade is great, and geneally the new menu layout is good, but in this release there seems to be quite a lot of bugs to squish!

Edit: All issues replicated on my Galaxy S2 with the following exceptions and additions.

Pressing the New Tables button did not drop me back to the home screen. Instead I got a black screen and had to close the app from Task Manager. On reloading the button works correctly.

The text on buttons is not scaled correctly. E.g. The text on the New Tables button is truncated to "New Tables (Non", and the bottom of the text of my Hall of Fame score extends below the bottom of the button.

The device orientation issues do not exist. It is still forced landscape in menus, which I assume is deliberate, but the downloading screen is now the right way up, and if I start a game with the device held portrait, it allows me to play in portrait.

N

netizen

My Galaxy Tab 2 that previously had no issues with switching between Landscape and Portrait is now experiencing this inverted Landscape view, and I have to start a table in Landscape to play in Portrait. it's rather convoluted.

These issues are new since the 1.9.0 update vs the beta apk. I cleared all my data, again, and re dl the app info to see if that makes any difference; no dice.

These issues are appearing on my Nexus 10 as well, but with some other problems as well. The heavier tables are now practically unplayable. TZ, STTNG etc The ball stutters and skips around. I didn't have this issue on the previous Beta apk, nor do I experience this on my way underpowered Galaxy Tab. Something was drastically changed in this release.

PS Happy Holidays to everyone at Far Sight and thanks for all the work y'all do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.