Android V1.9.1: Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Korven

I get "A network error occurred whilst processing the leaderboards." more than 80% of the time. I tried forgetting wi-fi setting and adding it again, tried "repairing network" and "refreshing wi-fi". Surfing the web, using tapatalk and other apps requering internet access works just fine. It's no fun playing if highscores won't register :(

device: Nexus 7 with stock Jelly Bean 4.2.1

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
I get "A network error occurred whilst processing the leaderboards." more than 80% of the time. I tried forgetting wi-fi setting and adding it again, tried "repairing network" and "refreshing wi-fi". Surfing the web, using tapatalk and other apps requering internet access works just fine. It's no fun playing if highscores won't register :(

I had the same problem -- logging out of my Pinball Arcade account & logging back in a couple of times fixed it.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012

I had this problem a lot on my phone with ICS 4.0. Still get it on occasion with the Nexus 7 & JB. But yeah, you have to log out and back in again. Always check to see if it will load the leaderboards before you start playing. If it does, you're good for that session. If the leaderboards still won't load after logging out and in, then log out, go to Settings - Apps - Pinball Arcade and clear the cache then log in again. It should work after that, but if it's still not working add one more step of force stopping PA when you clear the cache.

K

Korven

Sv: Android V1.9.1: Bugs

Yeah, I learned my lesson now. It works!

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
It always says 'login' on my title screen, even though there's a hall of fame score there and I'm logged in! Any ideas? I have tried to log out and back in, that takes three or four goes before it'll let me even enter an the address.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Both the pinball arcade and revenge of the Rob o bot have horrendous flipper lag on my daughters Samsung galaxy note 1.
It was like that when she got it, it still is after the latest version of the firmware, the latest version of tpa, no programmes running in the background.
Any ideas Ryan?

KithKanan

Dec 25, 2012
Nexus 7 running jelly bean 4.2.1

Twilight zone, portrait, camera 1, multi ball camera on

Shot the powerball into the gum ball machine, starting powerball mania. Camera remained tightly zoomed on the gum ball machine leaving me unable to play until all balls drained. Have not reproduced yet since this just happened to me.

N

netizen

Nexus 7 running jelly bean 4.2.1

Twilight zone, portrait, camera 1, multi ball camera on

Shot the powerball into the gum ball machine, starting powerball mania. Camera remained tightly zoomed on the gum ball machine leaving me unable to play until all balls drained. Have not reproduced yet since this just happened to me.

I have had this happen as well, I think turning off the multiball camera has it happen less frequently; maybe it's just coincidence it happens less :-/

N

netizen

I had this problem a lot on my phone with ICS 4.0. Still get it on occasion with the Nexus 7 & JB. But yeah, you have to log out and back in again. Always check to see if it will load the leaderboards before you start playing. If it does, you're good for that session. If the leaderboards still won't load after logging out and in, then log out, go to Settings - Apps - Pinball Arcade and clear the cache then log in again. It should work after that, but if it's still not working add one more step of force stopping PA when you clear the cache.

I have run into the same issue, but here's where it gets more bizarre. I could get into the tournament, and have my HOF points "update", but not access the leader boards, or be able to log back in if I logged out unless I either followed Willi's directions above or restarted by Nexus 10; running JB 4.2.1

Yet I encounter none of these issues on my Galaxy Tab 2 7" with ICS 4.0.4

The reason I used updated in quotes when I referred to the HOF score is I haven't gotten it as high as it was when I reset all my table data before, so the HOF score on the leader boards is higher than it is locally on any of my devices. Will there ever be a shared HOF score between devices? like the Leader Board HSTD scores are?

As it is the HOF points are just a Local HSTD points system to say that your local high score is ranked at this x out of 1000 in the potential high scores scored. If this is how they are to be used, then an HOF point value should be assigned to every score, and just the highest should be kept, no?

K

Korven

I hade the gumball jam bug for the first time on TZ today. Balls stuck in gumball machine and camera focusing on it, causing drain. This was after making it to LITZ if it matters.

Also had a bug on ESS in which the crate won't open when getting to scard stiff, this was on my second scared stiff going for the 2nd monster multiball.

Another wired thing on ESS is my score on the leaderboard is not a score I have localy. Leaderboard says 92,8M and my second best localy is 94,7M (3rd under 80M) with the grand chmpion score being unsynced.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Android/leaderboard connection issues/cause undetermined/frequency majority of times.

I had the same problem -- logging out of my Pinball Arcade account & logging back in a couple of times fixed it.
Tried it. Now I can't log-in anymore. :(

Ultimately got in again, but it took many attempts. Checked the leaderboard, and everything was looking okay.
Untill I played some Monster Bash, and tried to access the leaderboard from the table menu. Nobody's score would load up (no; not your score either).

It's because of this malfunction, that my personal hi-score on Monster Bash of 469,250,880 points didn't register on the leaderboard. Sure I can take a screenshot, and hope everyone believes MAR are my initials...

Screenshot_2013-01-01-17-42-04.png

Does the leaderboard update itself according to your true table hi-scores, as stored locally, once that Micky Mouse server isn't acting up?
It's a right pain in the neck to scroll down to where you should have been, if things did work correctly. I may end up ignoring the leaderboards alltogether if this doesn't get fixed.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Was struggling to log in before too.
Checked the leaderboard prior to playing - came back with error, so logged out, and it took 6 attempts before successful login.

Device- Nexus 7 with 4.2.1 rooted - stock rom.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
Was struggling to log in before too.
Checked the leaderboard prior to playing - came back with error, so logged out, and it took 6 attempts before successful login.

Device- Nexus 7 with 4.2.1 rooted - stock rom.

Every time I get a login failure I force stop, clear cache, and it usually works after that.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
I really don't mean to complain, but...

This Final Frontier bug on ST:TNG is just frustrating the hell out of me. It's so deflating to be playing a game that could potentially result in your highest score EVER, and then just watch it all go down the drain, no pun intended. For my own sanity, could someone please just acknowledge that this bug has been officially logged and is currently being worked on?

Not to mention the ball launchers just picking and choosing when they feel like working. That's not helping either.

Sorry, I'm just so pissed right now. :mad:

Nexus 7 - Jelly Bean 4.2.1

N

netizen

Device/OS: All

Bug Description: Family Mode settings on MM don't hold

Steps to reproduce: go into operators menu, change family mode settings, play the game, shoot the dragon ramp, pay attention to the difference in the voice calls for the princess. Make note of which voice calls you get for which family setting you use.

Frequency: 100%

I suspect that there are ROM wide issues of settings not being persistent due to the Date and Time not being Set as a permanent system error. You can set it once, and exit out of the operators menu and play, sometimes, but if you quit mid-game, or re-enter the operators menu the ROM will re-test and fail due to date/time failure.

If I do a complete Cache clearing,a nd then set the Date/Time I can change the Family Mode settings and have them apply correctly, change them back to default and it's all good, make one more change and the calls are wrong, or reversed to the setting selected.

NickTrop

Jan 2, 2013
Device/OS: Android Tablet/ICS

BugS Description: Multiple - all tables worked flawlessly prior to UI update on my device, which occurred on 12/23. (I really wish there was a way to roll back to previous UI.)

1. Bug Description: Since update, I can not exit app. Click, wait, hold back button to return to main Android window, nothing works. Stuck on TPA new UI screen. Have to tap lower right, then tap settings, apps, TPA, force stop. This is my only option other than powering off to get out of TPA since update (no issue with this prior to update).
Steps to Reproduce: every time since update that I start TPA app.
Frequency: ditto

2. Bug Description: HUD animation occasionally disappears.
Steps to Reproduce: Too hard to pin down to a cause. Seems to happen when I play TZ then switch to another table, even then it doesn't occur 90% of the time. May also be related to "shake tilt mode". HUD animations will not display on any table once this occurs. Best description I can give is playing TZ HUD works normally, switch from "touch" to "shake" tilt mode during game, exit table. HUD "might" disappear and display black (or black with a curved line through it) on the TZ HUD. Switching to other tables has same result - no HUD. HUD returns when you exit TPA app (in my case, annoyingly, by force stopping or shutting down the tablet.)
Frequency: This is infrequent but consistent - if that makes sense, since the UI update.

3. Bug Description: Ball texture does not map to ball.
Steps to Reproduce: Switched from TZ to Monster Bash table. All balls on MB table during game were completely black. I switched to another table, Taxi, with same result - texture did not map to ball. Ball appeared as a black object with no color/texture map applied.
Frequency: this only occurred in one instance - it definitely occurred, but hasn't happened since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.