Android V1.9.1: Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nik Barbour

Nexus 7/JB 4.2.1 stock, rooted & Desire S GB 2.3.7 Miui :

Touchscreen nudging selected, whilst cradling a ball, touch upper nudge area on same side as cradling and it causes a flip.
Other side nudging is generally OK, and here's a weird bit, it seems to improve the longer you play into a game. Happens on all tables to differing degrees, but TOM seems to be worst.
Thought it was peculiar to the Nexus, but it does it on both my Android devices with 1.9.1 installed
Happens in Portrait and Landscape.
:

Steps to Reproduce - as above:

Frequency - random (worse at start of play) :

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I had this problem a lot on my phone with ICS 4.0. Still get it on occasion with the Nexus 7 & JB. But yeah, you have to log out and back in again. Always check to see if it will load the leaderboards before you start playing. If it does, you're good for that session. If the leaderboards still won't load after logging out and in, then log out, go to Settings - Apps - Pinball Arcade and clear the cache then log in again. It should work after that, but if it's still not working add one more step of force stopping PA when you clear the cache.

Thanks Willi Cicci, really appreciate your help. I am signed in again.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This Final Frontier bug on ST:TNG is just frustrating the hell out of me. It's so deflating to be playing a game that could potentially result in your highest score EVER, and then just watch it all go down the drain, no pun intended. For my own sanity, could someone please just acknowledge that this bug has been officially logged and is currently being worked on?

Not to mention the ball launchers just picking and choosing when they feel like working. That's not helping either.

Sorry, I'm just so pissed right now. :mad:

Nexus 7 - Jelly Bean 4.2.1

Have you sent mall to support@farsightstudios.com to officially log it as an issue?

That is the most reliable way to get the issue officially logged. You may not get a response personally however.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
Have you sent mall to support@farsightstudios.com to officially log it as an issue?

That is the most reliable way to get the issue officially logged. You may not get a response personally however.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

No, I hadn't considered that. I'm sure they wouldn't want all the forum members inundating them with bug submissions all day-every day, which I'm guessing is why they've created this forum and bug submission threads within it.

I'm new to the forums, but not to games or testing them. I'd be very surprised if FarSight wanted all of us to use the e-mail address listed above whenever we found something... but please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

N

Nik Barbour

Nexus 7/JB 4.2.1 stock, rooted & Desire S GB 2.3.7 Miui :

Captive balls are all transparent in both NGG and TOM.
This is without touching the ball skins.
Balls in play are all displayed normally.
:

nenurety.jpg

Steps to Reproduce - as above:

Frequency - 100% :

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
Bug: TPA Hangs - V1.9.1

Nexus 7 - Jelly Bean 4.2.1

Always, TPA will hang if the user presses the power button to turn off the tablet's screen while in the Main Menu, or the Table Selection Menu and then turns the screen back on. The menus become unresponsive and the user is forced to use the home button to get back to the desktop and is required to Force Stop TPA to get it back to a working state. Also, if the screen is turned off while in-game, when you come back the game is still playable, however all sound and music is lost except for the basic machine sounds such as flippers, etc. And then if you exit from this 'no-sound' game back to the menu screens, it results in the same conditions described above and the user is again required to Force Stop TPA before it will return to normal function.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
No, I hadn't considered that. I'm sure they wouldn't want all the forum members inundating them with bug submissions all day-every day, which I'm guessing is why they've created this forum and bug submission threads within it.

I'm new to the forums, but not to games or testing them. I'd be very surprised if FarSight wanted all of us to use the e-mail address listed above whenever we found something... but please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is actually just a fan site. FarSight just visits. I think in the past they have asked us to submit specific bugs to that email.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
TZ - I start a game, and it immediately ends, with no gameplay at all and a final score of 0. The next game I start after this is always a two player game, even though I didn't select it.

STTNG - Using the flipper buttons during selection screens, such as Command Decision and the pre-launch menu, will often times launch the ball. Only the trigger button should do that on the real machine. This is also an issue on HD, which has a similar pre-launch screen.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Well it started off as a fan site (Thanks Gord! ps hockey starts soooon!), but we do utilize it a lot for bugs. Mike and I frequent it the most, we prefer the hands on approach, but we all benefit from Stephen and Rob combing through the forums and adding bugs. That being said the email works too, Rob goes through that daily.

Personally I feel that if its a personal bug (for instance your purchase or kickstarter entitlement isn't working) email is best. General bugs that are not game killers, or hard to reproduce, basically anything that might benefit from others trying to reproduce it or discuss it helps to have on the forums.

Ultimately though you can do either or both.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Well it started off as a fan site (Thanks Gord! ps hockey starts soooon!), but we do utilize it a lot for bugs. Mike and I frequent it the most, we prefer the hands on approach, but we all benefit from Stephen and Rob combing through the forums and adding bugs. That being said the email works too, Rob goes through that daily.

Personally I feel that if its a personal bug (for instance your purchase or kickstarter entitlement isn't working) email is best. General bugs that are not game killers, or hard to reproduce, basically anything that might benefit from others trying to reproduce it or discuss it helps to have on the forums.

You earned some cool points with the hockey comment. Who's your team Ryan?

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Think someone needs to set up a NHL blabbing thread somewhere on here. Hope Kopitar gets back to good health soon. Well be rough starting the season without him for a few weeks, especially with how short it is. Also hoping all the games Detroit plays LA will be in that span before he's back ;)

Okay I'll stop derailing

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012

Thank goodness Hockey is coming back after the crazy strike. Go Blackhawks!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Big Flyers fan here. Half the Kings seemed to be ex-Flyers. Nice to see them hoist the cup, but depressing it wasn't in orange and black.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
What's wrong with you!? You're gonna get kicked out of Michigan if you keep that up. ;)

I'm originally from Indiana, near Chicago, so I'm a Chicago sports guy all the way (Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks), but I do like the Detroit Tigers as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.