Android - Bug Android VER 1.0.7 Bugs

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
That is very odd, I wonder if its a hardware issue. I have heard people who factory reset see improvements sometimes.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Sorry to hear you've still got problems.
Like you say, don't know why other SGS2 owners have seen improvement with 1.0.7 and you haven't.
I know it's frustrating when things won't work.
Try dropping Farsight an email - sounds like an unusual case, who knows you may even get some beta test out of it! (may take a few days for response - I suspect they get a lot of email)

Last resort - try a simpler custom rom, without a custom kernel. (noticed you were trying the full monty in another thread).
Maybe CyanogenMod or MIUI but someone with an SGS2 who's tried a few different roms could steer you better. Forget the more extreme experimental dev roms. Stick to stable releases.
Use 'rom manager' (makes life easier - never a bad thing) do a full backup of your current rom, and when putting a rom on you haven't used before, always clear both dalvik and other app caches to avoid problems with old roms data. (apologies if you already know, or do this - just covering the bases).

Hope this gets sorted for you!
I spent a bit of time browsing XDA, and it seems that we're nearing an official ICS update from Sprint/Samsung. So I'm going to hold off on any modifications until I see what the official release holds. I've been running on a stock (rooted) version of ICS, stock everything basically. I really did it to get a better modem so it wouldn't take 10 minutes for my GPS to lock on to my location, a common problem with Samsung phones. If I don't like the official ICS update, I may switch to Cyanogen, since I used it before on the Sprint Hero.

That is very odd, I wonder if its a hardware issue. I have heard people who factory reset see improvements sometimes.
I had to factory reset when I tried to load the ICS mod the other day, then again when I went back to Gingerbread, in order to get back into ICS again. But the problem still persists. My game of BoP just now was a bit smoother than usual, still with some occasional moments where the game would slow and it would drop frames. I'd like to send in a formal bug report on it at some point.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Where are we testing the BETA versions? Is it from the original place we got the pre-release?

When I was asked to test the BETA version of 1.0.7 I got an email from Apaloosa.

I didn't know what it was at the time and deleted the link thinking it was just spam so I didn't actually get a chance to test last round. :p

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I haven't seen this one posted already: on the Sidekick 4G, when the phone is in landscape orientation, the table menus scroll vertically, and scrolling seems to interfere with actually selecting items when the menu is scrolled to somewhere other than the top position. Attempting to press any menu item lower than the first few (such as the list of table goals) will cause the screen to jump to a different scroll position instead of selecting the item. Sometimes, the item lights up but does not actually activate.

By being very persistent, it's sometimes possible to make the selection, but this is rare. I usually have to rotate the phone into portrait orientation to select them.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
On Black Hole, the spiral the ball drops through on the bottom playfield is missing as is the clear tube the ball goes through to return to the upper playfield. Both of these exist on the consoles versions, so I'm assuming this is only a bug on devices.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I will have to double check but i think they took it out for mobile because it was like 10k+ polys or something. We have some rule fixes coming out so maybe we will add it when we roll out the fixes

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I will have to double check but i think they took it out for mobile because it was like 10k+ polys or something. We have some rule fixes coming out so maybe we will add it when we roll out the fixes

Thanks Ryan, just wanted to make sure you guys were aware of it.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Just to let you guys know, I implemented the skill shot for MM by letting the user use the left side for the flipper, and the right for the plunger . This will also work for Tales and Theater pre-plunge to select the tale/trick you will attempt when you activate it. Also the troll bombs work via an icon below the pause button.

N

Nik Barbour

Great stuff - thanks Ryan!
I've been dying to get my hands on those troll bombs.

Did the MM flipper gap get fixed? (no pressure BTW - Don't want to look pushy)
also not android specific - but have the floaty physics been addressed in CV?

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
The Monster Bash version of these will be in the next update as well. Just another quick update, those of you with tegra devices (and other more recent chips) will see an improvement in texture quality with this next update. Everything (especially at a distance) will look much more defined.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
What exactly did you mean by "the Monster Bash version of these"? Update next week?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Monster Bash has a version of the troll bombs (monster bombs) that are now in and working. If everything is approved I am hoping this week honestly.

N

Nik Barbour

The Monster Bash version of these will be in the next update as well. Just another quick update, those of you with tegra devices (and other more recent chips) will see an improvement in texture quality with this next update. Everything (especially at a distance) will look much more defined.

Please keep support for older non-tegra devices.
It's bad enough I can't play zen (without Chainfire).
At least until April 2013 (next upgrade)!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Support will be maintained, the tegra chip (and others perhaps) just have an extra open gl extension for anisotropic texture filtering that helps the visual quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.