Android - Bug Android VER 1.0.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Update: Today we hope to put out a patch for the in-app purchase restore transactions issue. The texture quality control is going to require a little bit more time and the managers want the transaction fix out asap since this effects everyone. Note however that when I put the texture quality control in I will allow you guys three modes, low, medium (what it was before), and high (with ani filter) to offer more flexibility. Just to be clear the low will simply turn off the bilinear texture filter off that has been on since day 1. Going to play around with some other render options on the engine side to see if I can't give you more options. Keep in mind all of this will only help your render speed, not your cpu (physics stuff) speed ;)

Thanks for the update!

sendll

Apr 10, 2012
Hi, just a little play session and I noticed that monster bash instructions goals are missing. At least in french language. Will we see a language selection option any time soon? While I apreciate the translations I'd like the option to go back to English.
Thanks for the feedback btw.
Bye

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
With the next update the instructions for monsterbash will be in english for other languages (we are still waiting on the translations). Most of the older tables have the translations, but there are a few that we are working on now.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
As I said somewhere else in this forum, I'd gladly help with the German translation. Don't want to stop porfessional translators from earning money, though ;) Is there any way to provide the English and German texts outside the app, so that proofreading would be easier? Even a *.txt would do. Then I could at least report translation-"bugs"...

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
As I said somewhere else in this forum, I'd gladly help with the German translation. Don't want to stop porfessional translators from earning money, though ;) Is there any way to provide the English and German texts outside the app, so that proofreading would be easier? Even a *.txt would do. Then I could at least report translation-"bugs"...

me too =) bilingual English-German speaker here...

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok the build to address the billing issue has been submitted and should be available in half an hour or so. I will keep you updated on the texture option and other issues.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
ok the build to address the billing issue has been submitted and should be available in half an hour or so. I will keep you updated on the texture option and other issues.

I've been raising bugs directly against individual tables. For those bugs that seem to be affecting multiple platforms, I log them with the [Bug] prefix and put them in the General thread. Do you lurk in other threads apart from Android?

As someone accustomed to reporting bugs (I do it regularly in my job at Red Hat), I feel it groups the info better if bugs observed on a table are documented in that table thread. And it makes searching for issues easier. And it potentially prevents duplicate threads.

Does my way of thinking align with your way of thinking, or do you just like to see all issues reported en-masse in a thread like this?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
if they are global then yes thats the right place =) but unfortunately I have enough on my plate with android, amazon, and our new farsight login (sans facebook). Though I believe Mike is taking care of those =)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bugs raised to date

These are the one's I've raised specifically, but have not yet received Farsight Employee ACK. There are other bugs in each forum raised by others that have still yet to be ACK'd by anyone, which suggests to me they have not been seen and logged.

General Game Issues

Music loop playback gap issues
Music Overlap when first starting a table
Settings persistence issues (logged against Android, but may affect other platforms)

Medievil Madness

Left and Right ramps missing (the physics of the) plastic ramp return guides

Circus Voltaire

DMD HUD persistence issues (see also General Game issues about persistence)
Slingshot animation not present
BOOM! pop bumper up noise and replay kicker noise transposed

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
if they are global then yes thats the right place =) but unfortunately I have enough on my plate with android, amazon, and our new farsight login (sans facebook). Though I believe Mike is taking care of those =)

I can totally understand!. The fact the Android team continues to look after us all so well each and every month makes me happy to throw my $5 squids at Google every month.

And I saw what you did there with regard to "farsight login (sans facebook)". ;) That will be a welcome feature, which I hope will allow seamless login when the game starts (so you automagically log high scores to the new leaderboard system).

You guys almost need a couple of "Forum Employee" to act as a full-time abstraction layer, and a single point of contact for all of us. Someone with access to the Farsight issue tracker than can triage the "bug reports" here.

Anyhow, hopefully the "Bugs raised to date" post from me makes it a little easier for you (or Mike) to track things down.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We actually had to hire two more testers (who are doing a great job btw) and they have started to look through these forums and log them.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
We actually had to hire two more testers (who are doing a great job btw) and they have started to look through these forums and log them.

Great to hear the team has expanded. Welcome new testers, whoever you are!

If the testers can put a brief comment on each issue when they traige them, we know it has been logged, and we'll stop bleating about it ;)

Mapa

May 16, 2012
On Gorgar, I notice a few imperfections:

- The number 1 shows using the left segments instead of the right
- The actual digits are projected a little to the left compared to the segments, most noticable on the left digits (and on a tablet ;)
- The flippers do not seem to turn around their normal turning point, instead they seem to turn around the top (also present in TOTAN)
- Viewing angle 1 is different than on other tables (flippers are much bigger than lets say BoP)
- Camera also moves more vigorously than in other tables
- The PLAYER:1 is more italic than the digits in the display below :)

And also, I noted that the flippers seem a little bit too far apart. Still present in 1.0.9!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
In our next update this should be fixed, thanks for pointing it out!

Not sure if it's a bug or my phone (Droid Charge), but the music on MB seems to soften some of the time during gameplay where I can hear the sound effects a lot louder than the music. Anyone else experience this?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I am actually going to make a change so that the save file is stored in the same location as the rez files (external) so that a clear data leaves it alone and it can be copied from device to device without a rooted device.

Be sure to start saving your save_data file. This will save your wizard goals as Nick from above confirmed. Cheers!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I am actually going to make a change so that the save file is stored in the same location as the rez files (external) so that a clear data leaves it alone and it can be copied from device to device without a rooted device.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread here. Did you actually implement this fix?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

No - it still sits at...
/DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/saved_data

Rez files sit at...
/MNT/SDCARD/ANDROID/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

No - it still sits at...
/DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/saved_data

Rez files sit at...
/MNT/SDCARD/ANDROID/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/...

Hey Ryan

How fragile would the code change be to move this data out of the /data partition and into the /sdcard partition?

Would you be able to handle the data migration with a migration script implemented in the next APK that checks when the game runs. Basically use a grep command to check for the saved_data file in /data/data/ then move it out to /sdcard/android/data ?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hey Ryan

How fragile would the code change be to move this data out of the /data partition and into the /sdcard partition?

Would you be able to handle the data migration with a migration script implemented in the next APK that checks when the game runs. Basically use a grep command to check for the saved_data file in /data/data/ then move it out to /sdcard/android/data ?

How many times have I asked for this, only to be shot down with, Cloud save will come? - But when?
This surely is, the common sense, easier short term fix.

For the love of shiny silver balls +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts