Bug Android Version 1.0.10 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bug: DMD HUD setting on CFTBL does not persist. I turn of the HUD so I can ogle at the Backbox DMD. When I start a new game, I have to turn it off each time.

This was present on 1.0.9, and applied to setting things like Tilt options and the like. It used to be between restarts, but now it is between games!

Originally reported in this issue: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/786-Table-specific-settings-persistence-issues

I've now formally reported this issue to support@

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Are those MagnaSave buttons REALLY all the way up THERE?????
:/ :(

yeah, this is so baffling, as it's surely impossible to actually use the magnasave in the heat of a game... it's time for USER DEFINED touch screen areas, where we can place the on screen buttons wherever we want to...

N

Nik Barbour

Google play (Android market) filtering returns.

Since TPA launch my device has been filtered, giving me the message 'your device is not compatible with this app'. Then in either 1.0.8 or 1.0.9 TPA suddenly became visible in my market. I just figured you guys had fixed something at your end and carried on.

1.0.10 releases last night - and yet again, the app vanishes. Filtered again!

Doesn't matter to me, I just edit my build.prop file so my device looks like an evo3d and hey presto, app visible (or you can use an app called 'device spoofer').

I just figured you guys could be losing potential sales if you're filtering devices which are actually compatible with the app. (seems to run better on my little droid, than Evo3d owners posting on here - i can run bop hud on with no lag and without overclock).

I've also made google aware of this, but got the usual computer generated generic reply.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
This way "Use Magna-Save to actually save a ball from draining" could easily be a wizard goal o_O

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
It was exactly the same in the ios Beta, completely baffling some of the decisions these guys make sometimes.

I'm considering each newly released table as a work in progress and it's tables and issues like this that will introduce new features (like the launch button in MM) like configurable controls. We don't know their reasons for this decision (programming issue?) and considering their schedule they had to get this out this week "as is". You can see in the betathread for android Ryan is aware of a whole series of issues that they want/need to fix but they had to get the product out the door.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm considering each newly released table as a work in progress and it's tables and issues like this that will introduce new features (like the launch button in MM) like configurable controls. We don't know their reasons for this decision (programming issue?) and considering their schedule they had to get this out this week "as is". You can see in the betathread for android Ryan is aware of a whole series of issues that they want/need to fix but they had to get the product out the door.

I'm with you on a lot of what you said but placement of these buttons? that was a concious decision that wouldn't have taken a second longer to place in a usable position.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
You dont know that for sure considering the areas needed for flipping and nudging might interfer? Admittingly it sounds easy, and I would think its not hard, but I cant say for sure.

Will work fine together with iCade and blutrol though.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
On creature I had to hit the on-screen arrow buttons numerous times to scroll over to the next letter when entering my initials. I almost didn't get my initials in on time.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Interesting question how they're going to do BK magna-save, MM troll bombs, etc. on the consoles. My copy of PHoF was for the Wii, which had a radically different controller, so I don't know how they did it on the XBox/PlayStation.

The logical thing, I suppose, would be to use whichever set of side buttons (bumpers or triggers) that you haven't mapped to the flipper controls.

But I don't know if I trust the logical thing to happen. (It annoys me that on tables without a built-in high score list, you always enter your initials with the triggers, regardless of your chosen controller mapping.)

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
On creature I had to hit the on-screen arrow buttons numerous times to scroll over to the next letter when entering my initials. I almost didn't get my initials in on time.

I have the same problem, sometimes it works like normal and sometimes you have to press the arrow 10 times to move forward (ding ding ding ding, there is a Breaking Bad reference to be made here!)

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, I had this problem once last night. I get it on all the tables, but not as bad as it was with Creature last night. The next time I ranked, though, it cycled the letters faster.

Had the same issue with logging in this morning; the game froze after I hit yes to compare my scores with Facebook friends. It never went to the Facebook app screen, just stayed frozen until it eventually told me the program stopped responding. The login issues here are baffling.

Mapa

May 16, 2012
ToM, BoP and MB seem to have no title screen music (it keeps on playing the music from previous pin).

Were there any updates to the older tables? It did not prompt me to reload any of them.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
CFTBL initials entry issues here too. Not logged in (back to not working again).

Took many arrow hits to select letter. Then after entry the enter initials screen stayed alive during demo until the high score board showed up, then it disappeared.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Anyone else think that BK on camera 2 doesn't pan the camera up in time to make the flipper shot accurate when launching the ball?

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
I don't think magna save is even working in BK at all. I get them lit. As I recall, when you hit the button to activate, there is a sound effect the activate lights flicker and the ball is held. I cannot get either one to activate.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Initial entry in BK seems borked. The letters are poorly aligned and oddly spaced.

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
I don't think magna save is even working in BK at all. I get them lit. As I recall, when you hit the button to activate, there is a sound effect the activate lights flicker and the ball is held. I cannot get either one to activate.

No, it doesn't seem to work at all.

Is it just me, or does BK seem generally rough around the edges? I've only played about five times and have already seen lots of bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online