Bug Android Version 1.4.2 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nik Barbour

Not sure what that might be Nik, nothing has changed really that would effect that. I will do some profiling to see if I can see anything different.

Also, just to let you guys know, I will be posting a beta build most likely monday with the two new tables running to let you guys check it out. Harley and taxi are in and running well. Stay tuned!

Hey Ryan - it probably isn't a new thing or something different. I just didn't use landscape until recently when you fixed the flip in 1.0.10 (orientation flip was always buggy prior to that ver). I always used portrait prior to that.

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm looking forward to Monday now! (although Tuesday is definitely the worst day of the week for me).
Will it be safe to purchase the tables in the beta, or is it best to demo only?
Thanks Ryan!

N

Nik Barbour

I bought CFTBL and BK in the previous beta and it worked without a problem.

Yeah me too! I bought dlc4 tables on first open of beta on auto pilot. It was only when someone else asked "is it okay", i thought "oops - will it be alright?
Plus this seems like an earlier beta than normal which was, what got me wondering.

This is exactly what's needed though, more time to shake the bugs out with time to react, pre market release.

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
Very excited for the beta to come out. Will definitely do what i can to help out with the process!

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
That sounds great about the beta. I would like to participate in this. Do you have to do something special to sign up for this, or is it open to anyone?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I don't know if this particular release is an edge-case, but I'm not seeing as many new bugs reported in this thread as the last few builds. Do you think our beta-testing efforts might just be staring to pay dividends Ryan?

If you guys can get the build to us early, we can all maybe give it a good few days and that might give you a chance to roll the fixes in before it hits Google Play?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I think so! =D at least that is what I am telling myself. Also quick update, I was just informed that I have to implement that hall of fame leaderboard for android, ios did this for gamecenter integration and I guess we want it across the platforms. Depending on how long it takes to do this the beta might not be ready until tuesday, just to keep you guys in the loop.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
(in the MM troll voice) "Yep, rule the universe!" ;)

I don't have an Android device either, but reading here is like seeing TPA's future for the rest of the platforms.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks you guys =) its comments like these that keep me motivated, certainly made my week!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
We all know how passionate you all at FarSight are and how hard you work which is why we have no problem helping you guys out in any way we can. Stay motivated and know we all support you guys 110%.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I like beta testing stuff anyhow, so combining my passion for Pinball with software testing is a no-brainer. This is why I eagerly await new builds. The great thing about Farsight and the licensing model is that there is minimal risk of piracy with releasing the beta builds because of the DLC.

N

Nik Barbour

+1 on all the appreciation posts. Thanks Ryan!
You pulling an all nighter there - must be midnight your time!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks =) off the clock and just checking the forums from home actually, wishing we had a chatroom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online