Bug Android Version 1.6.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Did you do the 1.6.0 beta? (two betas ago) if so you might have to delete the file or uninstall/reinstall. This was discussed in that thread last month.

Harley Davidson

Whenever I push the orange button, the game freezes and then goes to my tablet home screen.

Sony Tablet S

eggmatters

Oct 1, 2012
Black Hole: Lower table capture ball bug

Since the most recent pinball arcade update for Android, my Black Hole table has some issues. When I shoot the lower table captive ball, the ball acts as if it's stuck. The view remains on the lower table and play stops. This seems to happen if I captured a ball in a previous game but was unable to free it for multiball. I inevetibably have to close the application from a task manager.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Since the most recent pinball arcade update for Android, my Black Hole table has some issues. When I shoot the lower table captive ball, the ball acts as if it's stuck. The view remains on the lower table and play stops. This seems to happen if I captured a ball in a previous game but was unable to free it for multiball. I inevetibably have to close the application from a task manager.

I have the exact same issue. Can't even tilt my way out of it.

Danieru_X

Sep 24, 2012
Still no bugfix for the sound-stuttering/ performance problem on SGS II G-version!

I still have the frame rate issue on my galaxy note for most tables.. It makes the game unplayable since I can't judge where the ball will go. I'm on android 4.04. Hope this gets fixed as I've bought all tables in the hope it won't always be like this..

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I still have the frame rate issue on my galaxy note for most tables.. It makes the game unplayable since I can't judge where the ball will go. I'm on android 4.04. Hope this gets fixed as I've bought all tables in the hope it won't always be like this..

We have an sgs2 that runs with no issues at all and though we don't have any Notes I have reports that it runs well on them. Unfortunately I am not sure what else to do with these issues, if I cannot reproduce the issues I have no idea where the problem lies. I wonder if its a driver issue with the current rom you have loaded.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
I too have had random fps issues on 4.0.4 (IMM76K, Galaxy Nexus) but have since went away since the jellybean OTA (JRO03O) on it. Have since rooted it and installed Cyanogenmod 10 (nightly beta, also available for your Note) which is JRO03R, and it runs flawlessly too.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hey Ryan

I know on NGG the ramps are opaque because, well, they are HUGE! Enabling transparency on most of the ramp surface would be a total waste of resources, because there is not that much under the ramp that is obscured. Except of course for the most important part of a table: the outlanes ;)

I had a though I wanted to run past you. I've been thinking laterally about the issue, and I'm sounding off here about a solution.

Is it possible to split each ramp into two parts. 80% of the left ramp and the right ramp is opaque, with the 20% of each ramp near the outlanes transparent?

I would imagine that the graphics department would need to create four components for the two ramps. Two opaque sections, and two transparent sections. Then when the graphics assets are assembled into the game, the ramps are "stitched" together to form one.

Not having transparency over the outlanes is a bit of an issue for outlane management. Having just the part over the outlanes transparent would surely save a lot of overdraw.

This idea may divide people: creating two textural surfaces may seem a bit frankenstein in nature. But to me it is a logical solution for mobile platform.

What are your thoughts?

N

Nik Barbour

We have an sgs2 that runs with no issues at all and though we don't have any Notes I have reports that it runs well on them. Unfortunately I am not sure what else to do with these issues, if I cannot reproduce the issues I have no idea where the problem lies. I wonder if its a driver issue with the current rom you have loaded.

I was playing Taxi just this Sunday on my sisters stock (un-rooted) Note at a family birthday this weekend.
It played as smooth as silk! (I love that screen, but way too big for everyday use).

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Is it possible to split each ramp into two parts. 80% of the left ramp and the right ramp is opaque, with the 20% of each ramp near the outlanes transparent?

I suggested something similar in the iOS forums. But if we make transparent windows for the outlanes, we should make one for the upper flipper as well. In some camera angles the orbit leading to the flipper as well as part of the flipper itself is obscured.

Danieru_X

Sep 24, 2012
I too have had random fps issues on 4.0.4 (IMM76K, Galaxy Nexus) but have since went away since the jellybean OTA (JRO03O) on it. Have since rooted it and installed Cyanogenmod 10 (nightly beta, also available for your Note) which is JRO03R, and it runs flawlessly too.

Thanks for the tip I might give that a go. I was going to wait until the next official release of the firmware but the process takes way too long for Australian telcos to approve firmwares..

Meto

Jul 25, 2012
Noticed today on Black Hole that sometimes when the ball goes to the lower playfield, it disappears on the left side and never returns. This happened to my 3 times today so far

Blaque907

Jun 25, 2012
I notice on No Good Golfers when in game play the multiaball start up for no reason sometimes. And 2nd the two blue return ramps are to dark that your not able to look threw them to see whats going on in the out lanes..

N

Nik Barbour

I notice on No Good Golfers when in game play the multiaball start up for no reason sometimes. And 2nd the two blue return ramps are to dark that your not able to look threw them to see whats going on in the out lanes..

Farsight made a decision for performance reasons to make the return ramps non-transparent.
Apparently it's the same for ios also.

K

Korven

These issues with several balls at launch or random multiballs in general seems quite frekvent. So far I've had it on NGG, BH, FH, CV & BK and I've yet to play every table since the last version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online