Bug Android Version 1.6.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapa

May 16, 2012
Why aren't the displays in Elvira next to eachother, like on the backbox?

Danieru_X

Sep 24, 2012
I too have had random fps issues on 4.0.4 (IMM76K, Galaxy Nexus) but have since went away since the jellybean OTA (JRO03O) on it. Have since rooted it and installed Cyanogenmod 10 (nightly beta, also available for your Note) which is JRO03R, and it runs flawlessly too.

Just rooted and updated my phone with a Jellybean 4.1.1 rom and it runs unbelievably good now. Can't believe how different it plays now. Thanks for the tip mate.

EDIT: Just tried playing No Good Gofers and I had the same flickering ball (FPS) issue again.. :(
Why me!!

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

These issues with several balls at launch or random multiballs in general seems quite frekvent. So far I've had it on NGG, BH, FH, CV & BK and I've yet to play every table since the last version.

Seems to happen quite frequently. It's not been the first time you choose a table and play it, it seems to be the second time you play (without exiting the selected table).
Just had it happen every 2nd game of FH consistently.

edit- 1 day later & this fault is random again. Wierdly, I can't get it to do it in FH. It still never occurs on first game of selected table personally.

Last edited:

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Just rooted and updated my phone with a Jellybean 4.1.1 rom and it runs unbelievably good now. Can't believe how different it plays now. Thanks for the tip mate.

EDIT: Just tried playing No Good Gofers and I had the same flickering ball (FPS) issue again.. :(
Why me!!
What version of the note do you have? The international one or one of the carrier branded ones? If so what carrier?

My nexus flickers on ngg as well sometimes. Pause and resume seems to cure it though.

K

Korven

Seems to happen quite frequently. It's not been the first time you choose a table and play it, it seems to be the second time you play (without exiting the selected table).
Just had it happen every 2nd game of FH consistently.

Had a few quick games just to test this and don't get the bug, can it have something to do with time spent on playing? Becouse I usually get it on the 2nd game too. Now I got it on the 6th or 7th game.

N

Nik Barbour

Noticed today on Black Hole that sometimes when the ball goes to the lower playfield, it disappears on the left side and never returns. This happened to my 3 times today so far

Had same problem today. I was down in the lower level, deliberately went for the ball lock, the ball went in but soundlessly (no lock noise) then nothing! No ball, just left staring at the lower level.
Tried calling attendant - but instantly got message 'no ball trapped'. Had to quit game!

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Noticed today on Black Hole that sometimes when the ball goes to the lower playfield, it disappears on the left side and never returns. This happened to my 3 times today so far
Yeah, I got this bug on my Nexus 7, too.

N

Nik Barbour

Why me!!

It's a bit of a random suggestion, but have you tried switching 'compatibility mode' off?
I was playing with this the other day, on my rom (MIUI-gingerbread) you can turn this off for individual apps, by going 'settings' 'manage applications'.
Compatibility mode should control how graphics are stretched, adapted to your devices display. TPA runs by default with compatibility mode on. I was fiddling, and tried a few games with this switched off, and on my device noticed the following....
Graphics display / ratio was unchanged, but game play was slightly slowed (approx 5%ish) however movement and flow of the ball was noticeably smoother and very fluid. It also fixes random speed ups of balls on habitrails in landscape on my phone.
I switched 'compat' back on for my device as I prefer the non slowed game speed, but a more powerful device may not see this slowing.
Figured it's worth a shot for you, but probably won't solve your problem.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It's a bit of a random suggestion, but have you tried switching 'compatibility mode' off?
I was playing with this the other day, on my rom (MIUI-gingerbread) you can turn this off for individual apps, by going 'settings' 'manage applications'.
Compatibility mode should control how graphics are stretched, adapted to your devices display. TPA runs by default with compatibility mode on. I was fiddling, and tried a few games with this switched off, and on my device noticed the following....
Graphics display / ratio was unchanged, but game play was slightly slowed (approx 5%ish) however movement and flow of the ball was noticeably smoother and very fluid. It also fixes random speed ups of balls on habitrails in landscape on my phone.
I switched 'compat' back on for my device as I prefer the non slowed game speed, but a more powerful device may not see this slowing.
Figured it's worth a shot for you, but probably won't solve your problem.

I get the compatibility mode in JB stock on the TF300T, however I only get crop and stretch modes. Not off.

And I don't have the option to disable compatibility on apps in settings > Apps > pinball arcade.

It may be a custom ROM feature or a deprecated feature in JB.

okurka

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
In NGG, if you finish a game with 1 or 2 balls locked, the next games starts with 2 or 3 balls in the plunger.
Happens on iOS too.

N

Nik Barbour

)l
I get the compatibility mode in JB stock on the TF300T, however I only get crop and stretch modes. Not off.

And I don't have the option to disable compatibility on apps in settings > Apps > pinball arcade.

It may be a custom ROM feature or a deprecated feature in JB.

I've been using MIUI since about March/April (it was Dyleck's recommendation - credit due) I did wonder if this was a standard feature, or one specific to this rom. (you forget after a while :D).
Interesting to play with this feature though - it was actually one of your 'hdmi output' posts that put the idea in my head to try this Jared.
I had a quick look on the market - see it there was an app that would allow you the same compatibility control, but couldn't find one. Post up if someone knows of one.

edit - interesting article here http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screen-compat-mode.html

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
)l

I've been using MIUI since about March/April (it was Dyleck's recommendation - credit due) I did wonder if this was a standard feature, or one specific to this rom. (you forget after a while :D).
Interesting to play with this feature though - it was actually one of your 'hdmi output' posts that put the idea in my head to try this Jared.
I had a quick look on the market - see it there was an app that would allow you the same compatibility control, but couldn't find one. Post up if someone knows of one.

edit - interesting article here http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screen-compat-mode.html

I decided to poke around inside the .apk for one of the older builds, thinking I could tweak the AndroidManifest.xml file and add the parameter. This file is encrypted, probably because you can do nefarious stuff if it wasn't.

It would be great if the compatibility icon is removed. It appears quite simple to do, thanks to that article you linked Nik. While the Android team is in there, why not also move the "menu" button (I think it's called the "Action overflow" now in JB), from the left navigation menu next to the Recent Apps soft-menu.

I did some searching as well, and I managed to find an app that hides the Compatibility Menu:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...eparts&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Does that do anything to the performance of the app?

Well based on my now worldwide ranking of 13, with a score of 36 million, it only does positive things for my performance on Elvira... </gloat≥

That app doesn't appear to require root either.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Turning compatibility mode off hasn't increased performance but I did manage 37,384,680 ;)

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
  • Going into "options" and clicking "Our Mission" causes the menu to disappear and the app to become unresponsive requiring a force close.
  • Going into the Leaderboards, selecting the "My Score" tab, and scrolling up to load more scores will cause the application to hang on "Loading…" requiring a force close (or the app will eventually close after 30 seconds or so). Edit: Upon further investigation, this only happens regularly on the Black Knight leaderboards where I currently hold 105th place.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Turning compatibility mode off hasn't increased performance but I did manage 37,384,680 ;)

Nice one! Welcome to the top of the leaderboard :D

Elvira and NGG are the only tables I can seem to get a good score flow on at the moment. I was playing Elvira using the touchscreen only as well to get that 36M score. I usually play with a Wii controller. Just goes to show that you don't need to play with a Wii controller to get great scores ;)

(I still like the feel of physical buttons though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.