Bug Android Version 1.7.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Bummer! Does the new beta feature a new icon with TZ on it? Because I still see the Scared Stiff logo. Really seems to be a problem with FS's cloud service. :(

The icon still shows Scared Stiff.

N

Nik Barbour

In portrait mode, the camera needs to be adjusted so that the flippers on The Twilight Zone are centered.

It only seems to be views 1 & 4 that's off centre. Others are good.

Last edited:

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
When you access the pro menu on Twilight Zone the logo at the top of the menu changes to the TOTAN logo.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Interestingly, we get a bit of a preview about the pricing model for Kickstarter-backed tables with this beta as well...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
When you access the pro menu on Twilight Zone the logo at the top of the menu changes to the TOTAN logo.

Good on you for testing out the Pro Mode features Bass Mummy. I think a lot of use here participated in the Kickstarter, so are a bit crippled while we wait for our unlock codes to arrive.

N

Nik Barbour

Good on you for testing out the Pro Mode features Bass Mummy. I think a lot of use here participated in the Kickstarter, so are a bit crippled while we wait for our unlock codes to arrive.

Ryan did state, if you purchase the app he will refund your purchase.
You have no reason to wait. Enjoy!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I will try to get that in by tomorrow instead of the ball skin. I had hoped to have that in but its been one hell of a week.

Also another alternative for now, if you have the TZ table reward because of kickstarter, for now you can buy it and tomorrow when i get the code in I can refund your purchase.

I am quite tempted to do this Ryan, however if the kickstarter reward tier auto-redemption is being implemented in a matter of days, then I would probably like to wait and test how this works once you roll out the new .apk.

Catching any bugs with this crucial functionality is probably one of the most important tests us Beta Testers can assist you with. ;)

Hopefully the hard work you've invested with this feature is 100% bullet-proof, and the redemption process will be seamless.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
just a quick update, keep the bug reports coming. A lot of these are non-Android related, but I will pass them on so that they will get fixed when the others get a chance to look at them.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012

Yeah, I didn't have a device to run TPA back when the TZ kickstarter happened, so I went ahead and purchased the pro version of the table when I installed the beta. I am on board for the Star Trek kickstarter, however.

A couple other things I noticed regarding the operator's menu:

When you access the operator's menu via "Open Coin Door" the button labels are there, but the menu buttons themselves don't show up. You can still press them if you tap where they should be, but this makes it a bit harder to navigate. Also, I'm not sure about this one, but they seemed a little unresponsive. This could be due to not pressing in the right spot, of course.

Oh, also, I'm experiencing the same crash bug that someone else mentioned when I try to access my hall of fame scores. Like the other poster, I'm on a Nexus 7. Another crash bug I noticed was when I was initially trying to download tables, I had forgotten that my wifi was turned off. The game would crash every time it attempted (and failed) to begin downloading a table.

Another thing I wanted to mention was that I was playing around with the ball control function and racked up a score of around 350k. It didn't post the score to the online leaderboards, but the table did recognize and record it as a high score. Is that how it's intended to function?

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
just a quick update, keep the bug reports coming. A lot of these are non-Android related, but I will pass them on so that they will get fixed when the others get a chance to look at them.

So Mike R will need to update many of these observations "upstream" then propagate them back down to you. That's all good. I'm sure the other platforms are in the same boat.

I have to say that the way the lighting on this table is cast on the black pinball walls is truly beautiful. I'll say again: congrats on getting this feature working on mobile platforms. We saw hints of it in CFTBL, then saw more of it in SS. Those were "beta" efforts compared to the way lighting is cast in TZ.

+1 Beer to you.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I have to say that the way the lighting on this table is cast on the black pinball walls is truly beautiful. I'll say again: congrats on getting this feature working on mobile platforms. We saw hints of it in CFTBL, then saw more of it in SS. Those were "beta" efforts compared to the way lighting is cast in TZ.

+1 Beer to you.

Yes, I agree, the table looks fantastic, though I've never had the opportunity to play a TZ in person.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok just verified with someone else, the entitlement fix will have to be tomorrow. The code is there but unfortunately they are still putting the database together. In other words noone has unlock codes yet, someone will have to enter the data tomorrow.

In addition I am going to take a crack at some of the bugs you listed that i can fix like the Bigshot hud, HoF crash, etc.

as always thanks you guys!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Also another thing to note that is different than what we have done in the past. When we release the tournaments will still be in beta mode so that a large user base can stress test it.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok ill have to bug Jason about this. The table was updated so you should see some tuning fixes for sure.

Just had a 325,000,000 round on MM and only four of the six red flashers work. The red flashers on the left and right sides and the two red flashers on the back wall all work. The red flashers on the peasant and damsel ramps still do not work.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I'm getting multiball on TZ after only 1 locked ball and the left loop when it should be 2 locks and then the left loop.

Also why is the clock multicolored? The table I play on has a white one.

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
Isn't that normal for TZ? I'm pretty sure you can start it after locking one ball and shooting the left loop and it just makes the starting jackpot smaller. I would have to double check the rule sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts