Any advice on which tablet to buy?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah i hear its going to be the first to run JB. Definitely wait a few weeks if you are in the market, this thing should be beast.

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
Wow - I think I'll be having one those (16gb version), less than £200 and £15 back for the Google play store!

I was toying with buying a kindle fire and rooting & replacing the OS, but forget that.
It feels like stealing at that price for that spec.
Only downside for me is micro USB and no HDMI - but still!

And no SD card slot!

Eric Qel-Droma

Jul 3, 2012
To me, the 10" tablets are a bit big for TPA (when holding it in portrait orientation). I'm guessing that a 7" Tegra 3 like the Nexus 7 is going to be awesome for TPA.

Krzysiek Grzelak

Jun 18, 2012
Im playing on Galaxy tab 2 7'' and its perfect.
BTW Nexus 7 gonna be great tablet, but here in Europe price will be higher than in US. Much higher im afraid... :(

N

Nik Barbour

Im playing on Galaxy tab 2 7'' and its perfect.
BTW Nexus 7 gonna be great tablet, but here in Europe price will be higher than in US. Much higher im afraid... :(

You can preorder in UK from pc world for £199 for 16gb versio, but you get £15 back to spend on Google play apps!
That's an amazing deal - one I wouldn't have thought will last indefinitely.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We just pre-ordered one and our Google rep said that the game is running fine on it (though I would like to see for myself ;) )

N

Nik Barbour

We just pre-ordered one and our Google rep said that the game is running fine on it (though I would like to see for myself ;) )

I wanted to pre-order last week but.......
My wife reminded me, i've just gotten an xbox, i don't need a tablet, I'll probably want a new phone soon, etc, etc. Man I am so whipped, but I love her to bits!

This is an amazing deal though - jump on it while its available, if you're in the market for one.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I'm very happy with my iPad, but I still really want the Nexus 7, I'm sure the smaller form factor plus the rubberized back makes it much more comfortable to play TPA on than the heavy iPad. Even MG Siegler really likes it, and he's about as pro-Apple as you can be ;)

I really hope Google manages to bring this to Germany as well (and europe in general) for a similar price, I'm really hoping to try one of these in stores! And you can pair a wireless controller with Android devices, right?

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
currently right now no tablet can play any 3d games at 60fps, maybe by next year something will come out

khoavuong

Jul 28, 2012
Just wanted to pop in and say that Pinball Arcade runs beautifully on the Nexus 7, which I just got yesterday and quickly ran through all the tables. I haven't found any stuttering, even in multiball. I think this game is really made for tablets. There's just so much visual stimuli it's hard to follow on a phone screen. The larger screen and extra detail really improved my game. I never knew the genie's eyes lit up. Also, the natural way to grip the tablet puts your thumbs just below the nudge zone, making it easier to reach quickly. Doesn't really help with Black Knight's magnosave, though.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
right now no competition the best/newest android tablet is the ASUS transformer Infinity. It has 1920x1200 pixals (that's better than a 1080p hdtv). Ipad 3 has more pixals yes, but this is the closest android has gotten to catching up to it so far. However video looks better on the asus becouse it diplays a 1080p movie nativley whereas the ipad has to upscale the images which to hardcore anal video geeks is definitly noticable. Not saying ipad doesnt have a wonderful display, it's just native beats the crap out of upscaling. The Asus infinity has a much better battery charge time and life than the new ipad, it also doesnt have sited issues of overheating while playing games and videos like the ipad. The Asus has a micro SD card slot which means you can take a bunch of cards with you and have all the storage you need. Apple is very against the ability to add an extra storage slot becouse it would distract people from buying their more expensive model. The Asus currently blows away all other pads on the market in terms of 3d graphics and horsepower, it's got a quad processor and the newest nvideo tegra 3. If farsight implements it I have no doubt the new asus can handle a much closer expeience to that of the xbox or ps3 than any other pad thus far.

bdaley6509

Apr 30, 2012
Picked up an Asus Nexus 7 and like it was said earlier, TPA runs great. It's a great little tablet...best Android yet, although I haven't tried the Infinity, which is kick-ass well, so I've heard.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.