Any advice on which tablet to buy?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Can we have a definitive list of tablet which can run 60fps in portrait orientation?

Presumably the TF201 TF300T and TF700 will do without breaking a sweat?

russh1

Sep 1, 2012
Can we have a definitive list of tablet which can run 60fps in portrait orientation?

Presumably the TF201 TF300T and TF700 will do without breaking a sweat?

I have the tf300t and it runs at 60 even with textures set to high.

I'm still amazed at how close taxi is to the real table. Well done farsight, keep it up :)

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
I play it on an original Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, rooted with non-stock firmware on it and it plays just fine. At first I was against rooting it but the Android community regularly outperforms the device manufacturers at stable up to date firmwares (I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus so I'm no stranger to rooting and flashing a device). I have no lag on tpa with textures on high and this thing is just a Tegra2...

Meto

Jul 25, 2012
I have an ACER Iconia 500 and it runs TPA great. It also has a micro SD slot, USB connector and it currently runs Android 4.03. Never have had any slowness or lag with this tablet

yarrick

Sep 22, 2012
I bought an asus tf300tg yesterday to play this game properly, it runs super smooth and looks amazing although the tablet is a tad heavy for long periods.

I have also played it on the google nexus which also unsurprisingly runs it buttery smooth and is much more bearable to hold for long sessions. Unfortunately, the android permanent black bar menu at the bottom can be hit from time to time,inadvertently pausing the action. I bought the asus because i wanted more screen estate to take in the experience more.

The Samsung 10.1 original does not seem to play it at a high enough FPS and I found it noticeable although my friend did not (I only tried this tablet in PC World)

Finally the HTC one X mobile phone also runs it properly smooth.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
I am running it on the Nexus 7 -- it's easier to hold in your hands than a 10"+ tablet. Plus some custom ROMs (I'm using EOS, for example) allow you to turn off the "black bar" on the bottom, which I do sometimes. Game runs smoothly!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Had never heard of the Nexus7 until I read this thread. Anyway picked one up the other day for £179 (Dixons at the airport). £15 to spend in the play store too.

Hugely impressed with it and how well PA plays. My only gripe is the way the tilt feature is implemented. Would be great if this could be customized with a user selectable target zone. At the moment I use the flippers at the bottom of the screen and the tilt is too high up for me to reach quickly.

Lazymantech

Apr 7, 2012
For those interested there is an app which will give you gesture control over the menu bar hiding. GMD GestureControl root. Obviously by the title you can guess that you need a rooted device. Developer gives great support and steady updates. Give a quick 4 finger swipe from the bottom as TPA boots up and you got full screen functionality. FYI I use this app on my TF201 with great success.

Mapa

May 16, 2012
Does TPA fully support those HD devices (1920x1080/1200)? I might consider picking up an Asus Prime just for TPA :)

Last edited:

GamerGeeksTodd

Jul 27, 2012
I had problems playing TPA on my Prime when it was running ICS. Started up with a blank screen (still had sound) and crashed when rotating the tablet. Then when I was able to play the game, every time I paused, the screen flickered and all I could do was boot back to the OS and close TPA altogether.
Thankfully, since the JB update all the problems I had were eliminated and the game is running great!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.