Any videos for the PC version?

Cdf12345

May 18, 2012
It looks and plays pretty darn nice. Will be my platform of choice. Much more and better detail than mobile or PS3, IMHO. The speedbag on Champion Pub looks like it should. Very happy with the beta, and it is only going to get better as we go along.

The PC looks the best out of all the platforms I've played the game on so far (Android, ios both iphone and ipad, PS3)
I've got a pretty beefy PC, and a virtual pinball cabinet so I have high hopes for the software.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
First impression: Wow, this isn't really what I was expecting, there's jagged edges everywhere and it's a little jerky.
Second impression (after turning off post-processing): It's a lot nicer, but not really that much better than the PS3.
Third impression (after configuring the game through my graphics card control centre): It's perfect. Much better than the PS3 version and everything looks crisp and clean.

I'd link screenshots but turning off post-processing creates a few little bugs in the GUI and of course, it wouldn't be an accurite representation of the final product. But it's great, and with a few updates to improve AMD/NVIDIA usability it should be the definitive version until the PS4 (and even then the PC version will eventually improve and possibly overtake it in time)

Hanson

Banned
Sep 27, 2012
We would appreciate it if beta users don't post videos or screen shots. Since the game is still in beta those might not represent what the final product would look like.

We will post official screenshots/video in the up coming weeks.

Thank you.

I have seen "unofficial" posts of pics and I tell you they look absolutely great. No need to hide anything, you did a really good job. Unfortunately I'm not a beta-tester,and I can't hardly wait for the release. Thanks for all your work.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Whoa...so someone DID post a video of the PC beta... (NO, it wasn't me. And I'd love to do complete run-through's on your recreations, but I'd still wouldn't do it without permission.)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Oh man, I was all set to post a whole mess of screenshots, and then I read Mike's comment! Whew, that was close.

All the screenshots that were posted for tables previously that were of the 360 version...yeah, that's what it looks like. I'm not happy about the lighting on some tables. AFM looks like there is burning hot coals under the table and you could grill a steak on it. CC glows like Repo Man. Pin*Bot is half blue, half purple/pink and looks like when guys go nuts with LED lights, coloring specific zones. The annoying purple/pink is also very prevalent in many tables, way more than I've seen on PS3 releases. Good news is, Black Knight actually looks like it was supposed to, Taxi isn't washed out, and Genie no longer looks like the surface of the sun.

Descriptive enough for ya?

Tables are playing great, shots I could nail on the PS3 are tuned exactly the same here. Don't let the minor gripes you might hear (like mine above) make you think negatively. Just don't think you're about to see the second coming either. It's the 360 build on PC for right now. Enjoy accordingly.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Sooooo......it's basicakly the second coming then...just of the 360 version sone of us have been waiting a year and a half for....good enough for me. I'll deal with some pink if need be

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Sooooo......it's basicakly the second coming then...just of the 360 version sone of us have been waiting a year and a half for....good enough for me. I'll deal with some pink if need be

Hehe, hmmmm....ya got me there! And yes, even if the tables were in shades of day glow orange, to you long suffering 360 owners, it'd still be miles better than nothing at all.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Ugh....I feel like doing a Monster Bash video...with Lyman CONSTANTLY BASHING ON ME....

Ok, now I just got a 3.2 billion point score on White Water. I recorded it, but it's not uploaded. (2 freaking Vacation Jackpots :D )

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I actually found and posted a comment on the video letting the uploader know that FS had asked not to upload videos of the beta. Hopefully they simply didn't know and will do the right thing.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I actually found and posted a comment on the video letting the uploader know that FS had asked not to upload videos of the beta. Hopefully they simply didn't know and will do the right thing.

If it's a video posted on this forum then just report the post and a mod will delete it.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
....and it's STILL not taken down. Ugh, I hate waiting just to post a video of me owning White Water twice over. Below is the uploader who, apparently, screwed the rules.

... and your posting of it here is somehow OK?
Apparently you are also "screwing the rules".

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ok, well, I sent Mike a PM with a link to the video. Honestly, it's out of our hands at this point. They can flag it as copyright infringement or they can leave it up. I'd have to conclude that if they don't take any action then it's fair game.

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
What's the big deal with this video? Ok, he didn't respect the developpers' will, but it's not like this guy is showing tons of bugs and glitches, or even a visually unfinished product. It's also not like the game will look any better at release, will it?

I think the developers have better things to do than dealing with this sort of unavoidable leakage on youtube. We are in 2013.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
What's the big deal with this video? Ok, he didn't respect the developpers' will, but it's not like this guy is showing tons of bugs and glitches, or even a visually unfinished product. It's also not like the game will look any better at release, will it?

I think the developers have better things to do than dealing with this sort of unavoidable leakage on youtube. We are in 2013.
The Pinball Arcade is FarSight's intellectual property; therefore they have the prerogative to determine how and when that intellectual property is presented to the market, not us or anyone else.

And the game could potentially look quite a bit better at release, if the known art issues (pink lighting, HDR overbloom on inserts, etc.) are able to be fixed in time.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Ok, well, I sent Mike a PM with a link to the video. Honestly, it's out of our hands at this point. They can flag it as copyright infringement or they can leave it up. I'd have to conclude that if they don't take any action then it's fair game.

The guy might not even be a member on these forums in which case he probably have not idea.

Members online

Members online