Anyone still going to support this version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I still have hopes the xbox issues will stop in the near future. Right now, I am very busy with Pro Pinball which I like slightly better than TPA.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Some people don't want to buy the tables on more than one platform, though. I feel bad for them. I initially was going to just buy the tables on Android, to save money and spend more time with PFX2. But I cracked this summer because I wanted to play on my TV and enjoyed the look and feel of the demo. It does seem like a bit of a waste now, even though I appreciate the work FarSight does. Now that I have a Nexus 7, I can enjoy the tables on a bigger screen with slightly better graphics than my phone. If tables come out again for the 360, I'll consider going back, but I may just keep away this time. Change in employment status doesn't help either; my $25 Google Play credit, however, does.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
They really need to knock it out of the park when they do get back on 360 in the coming months. I'm talking full relaunch, with some dashboard advertising, and a serious pack release (as in, like, all the packs, Twilight Zone, and a few pro tables, etc. either at once or very close together). 360 owners deserve at least that much. If that happens all will be forgiven and the platform will see a resurgence into 2013. I could see them easily scoring another 10k - 20k in new customers if they play their cards right. After all there's going to be a lot of new 360 owners after this Christmas (Halo 4, price drops, etc. ... probably the 360's last big Christmas ever).

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
They really need to knock it out of the park when they do get back on 360 in the coming months. I'm talking full relaunch, with some dashboard advertising, and a serious pack release (as in, like, all the packs, Twilight Zone, and a few pro tables, etc. either at once or very close together). 360 owners deserve at least that much. If that happens all will be forgiven and the platform will see a resurgence into 2013. I could see them easily scoring another 10k - 20k in new customers if they play their cards right. After all there's going to be a lot of new 360 owners after this Christmas (Halo 4, price drops, etc. ... probably the 360's last big Christmas ever).

I believe relaunching The Pinball Arcade on XLBA centered around The Twilight Zone and Star Trek : The Next Generation will net FarSight some dashboard space and in addition to this, FarSight may want to do a huge sale at the same time on the core tables pack (core game) and possibly Tables Pack #1 and #2.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
First off, I appreciate what PA stands for-allowing us to enjoy classic tables at a more-than-fair price. Even though I don't play the iPhone version very much due to the small screen, I still buy tables to support FarSight's efforts, and will support the PC version 100% when it is released (sorry, don't have the income to support 100% of the kickstarter drives LOL).
I love the XBox 360 version. Barring a few minor bugs (like that teleporting ball on CV), it is the most solid version IMHO. Like many others, I am beyond frustrated that we don't know when (or if) we will receive new tables. Although FarSight says they're committed to bringing us more tables on the 360, why should continue to support the stagnant 360 version while everyone else is getting great tables-and there's no concrete promise of anything new anytime soon?
I can't be alone in thinking this. Chime in!

Just out of curiosity, can you substantiate the claim made in bold. This is like saying "some people say" and "many would agree". It's creating a phantom group of people who share your opinion to lend strenth to it.

If you own a 360...go play another game for god sakes...i seriously recommend xcom by the way. But seriously, I don't know ANYONE who bought a console ONLY for the pinball arcade. Why would you abandon something...did all your tables disappear or something because they didn't release anything? I mean if you bought only a single real table would you be that bored of it in 6 months? Did you get all your wizard goals and think "well that's it for that table"? If so i think you miss the point of pinball.

To be fair, I own TPA on 3 platforms...well 2.5 since i'm still in the process of buying table packs for Android since i've pretty well abandoned iOS until i decide if I want an iOS or an Android tablet.

Why even get "beyond frustrated" about something that, in the grand scheme of life, really matters so little. It's a pinball game ok? As much as I hate to marginalize something that I honestly love so much, in reality, it's not that important. If i had to wait a few extra months to eat properly, or do laundry or for a part to fix my car...then i would be beyond frustrated. You have a powerful game system with an amazing game library.

Here, want a good time for 5-10$ go pick up Perfect Dark Zero. Seriously, that game got harshly bashed by gamers despite being reviewed really well. And it is quite a good game. Want a good piece of gaming history? Grab the original perfect dark while you're at it for 800points. I don't buy too many XBLA games but yikes that's a good one too.

Want another blast from the past? And a game that's aged wonderfully and is a completely original concept done right? Jet Set Radio (XBLA), one of the many shining moments on the sega Dreamcast.

Between those alone will give you an affordable good time that should tide you over until much closer to the release of new tables on the XBOX.

OR...just ignore me and complain...that seems to be a popular hobby for most people.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I believe relaunching The Pinball Arcade on XLBA centered around The Twilight Zone and Star Trek : The Next Generation will net FarSight some dashboard space and in addition to this, FarSight may want to do a huge sale at the same time on the core tables pack (core game) and possibly Tables Pack #1 and #2.
Going the Zen route? That would be awesome. Even better if they make TPA relaunch compatible with original tables.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL!:) The question should be is FS still hardcore 360 fanboys? Listening to a podcast thats all they play.

N

Nik Barbour

....I don't know ANYONE who bought a console ONLY for the pinball arcade.

You do now, I'm Nik - nice to meet you!

Edit - turns out it wasn't nice to meet him. He was actually 'a bit of a prick'. But - that's life.

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Even for those of us with multiple gaming platforms, this long delay (at best) feels extra frustrating because we've already invested in the prospect of playing the two kickstarter tables on our platform of choice. I pledged to get TZ and ST:TNG on two platforms - iOS and 360 ideally. I don't really want to go the PS3 route as I've been repeatedly disappointed with that version and I know the 2-stage flippers on that controller are really going to irritate me to hell on those two tables.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Xbox will always be my preferred platform. Whilst PC support will be nice for the cabinet support, playing on the Xbox is still more accessible for me. I can't help feel the PC version will be hacked and we will end up with ridiculous scoring. Although i have an android device, I don't buy tables for it as the lack of nudge control only makes them worthy of casual play.

I never quite understand the obsession with new tables all the time. If you end up with 20 tables, you become average at all of them, mastering them all takes a long time. I'm still on DLC #1. I will purchase the latter ones to support the cause but unlikely to play them until I feel I have mastered the older ones first. Although I guess not everyone wants to master them :)

As for bugs - the only table I have issue with so far is BH due to the open/close gate bug.

Den

Nov 5, 2012
I'm used to the 360 version and prefer the feel of it over the PS3's version of the game. I play the Vita version when I'm on break or have freetime away from home, but I can't honestly say that I have ever enjoyed the PS3 version as much as I have enjoyed the game on the 360. The 360 version looks better IMO and feels smoother. I don't know if it is because the game is designed for the 360 first or what, but I'm hoping they get the issues with distribution ironed out soon because I'd rather claim my Twilight Zone kickstarter voucher on the 360 version.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Just out of curiosity, can you substantiate the claim made in bold. This is like saying "some people say" and "many would agree". It's creating a phantom group of people who share your opinion to lend strenth to it.

If you own a 360...go play another game for god sakes...i seriously recommend xcom by the way. But seriously, I don't know ANYONE who bought a console ONLY for the pinball arcade. Why would you abandon something...did all your tables disappear or something because they didn't release anything? I mean if you bought only a single real table would you be that bored of it in 6 months? Did you get all your wizard goals and think "well that's it for that table"? If so i think you miss the point of pinball.

To be fair, I own TPA on 3 platforms...well 2.5 since i'm still in the process of buying table packs for Android since i've pretty well abandoned iOS until i decide if I want an iOS or an Android tablet.

Why even get "beyond frustrated" about something that, in the grand scheme of life, really matters so little. It's a pinball game ok? As much as I hate to marginalize something that I honestly love so much, in reality, it's not that important. If i had to wait a few extra months to eat properly, or do laundry or for a part to fix my car...then i would be beyond frustrated. You have a powerful game system with an amazing game library.

Here, want a good time for 5-10$ go pick up Perfect Dark Zero. Seriously, that game got harshly bashed by gamers despite being reviewed really well. And it is quite a good game. Want a good piece of gaming history? Grab the original perfect dark while you're at it for 800points. I don't buy too many XBLA games but yikes that's a good one too.

Want another blast from the past? And a game that's aged wonderfully and is a completely original concept done right? Jet Set Radio (XBLA), one of the many shining moments on the sega Dreamcast.

Between those alone will give you an affordable good time that should tide you over until much closer to the release of new tables on the XBOX.

OR...just ignore me and complain...that seems to be a popular hobby for most people.

OR...I could just continue to state my opinion about Pinball Arcade. That's all it is. This site is called "digitalpinballfans.com" last I checked, and I am one.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I never quite understand the obsession with new tables all the time. If you end up with 20 tables, you become average at all of them, mastering them all takes a long time.

I find that I never know what tables are going to really grab me, and having more overall means I'm more likely to encounter a new favorite. Example: in the latest DLC pack, the table that's really obsessing me is not Scared Stiff; it's Big Shot, the early 1970s Gottlieb EM!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I find that I never know what tables are going to really grab me, and having more overall means I'm more likely to encounter a new favorite. Example: in the latest DLC pack, the table that's really obsessing me is not Scared Stiff; it's Big Shot, the early 1970s Gottlieb EM!

RBION did that for me. I had never played it until PA came out. Good call on Big Shot-I also remember liking that one on my old XBox.

Rob Mann

FarSight Employee
Nov 7, 2012
Hello all.

We are just as frustrated, if not more so, to not being able to release the tables we have for the 360. It is not fair to anyone, and we are working day after day to try and resolve this. We appreciate your patience and support.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.