Apple Delay Frustration (Derailed by Driveway Cheese after Post # 81)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2013
Lol. I remember those days. People used to cheat by inserting metal into the car. Not sure if it was illegal or "frowned upon". I still have my few cars from scouts. We has 2 designs one was elaborate, where I put a Lego windshield and stealing wheel in it, decals, and my dad and I shaped it like a car. We didn't win any races, but got tons of looks and inspired them to do a "best looking" car category following year...

Except the following year we just followed the fast design which was to just cut the block on a steep incline with weight distribution to the front, and graphite in the wheels themselves. Not very pretty, but we took 2nd that year.

Something for Facebook for sure if I can bother to dig them out.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
I have a few questions regarding the pre-post #81 discussions (actually I have some questions about the posts after #81, but...). Are we allowed to buy the Season Three bundle? Can Apple actually say thumbs up or thumbs down? And, I purchased Season Two on 12/24, right before FarSight announced Season Three, and offering a ten dollar discount on Season Two. That's three gallons of gas where I live...sure would be nice if I could maybe possibly (please) if it's possible to get a refund and apply it to Season Three? I tried to make it sound like I wasn't begging...

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
afaik know buzz prices as stands hasnt changed as for the question if the nin issue, apple are yuppie arses. i hope i understood your post, no discount fior 3 as its alot to ask.

cheers man,

i said wouldnt lost but your cool heh

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I have a few questions regarding the pre-post #81 discussions (actually I have some questions about the posts after #81, but...). Are we allowed to buy the Season Three bundle? Can Apple actually say thumbs up or thumbs down? And, I purchased Season Two on 12/24, right before FarSight announced Season Three, and offering a ten dollar discount on Season Two. That's three gallons of gas where I live...sure would be nice if I could maybe possibly (please) if it's possible to get a refund and apply it to Season Three? I tried to make it sound like I wasn't begging...

We won't know for sure until the next pack is released. It sounds like Season 3 is not a purchase option anymore for Mac or iOS. Past seasons should be available as they are complete and I imagine Season 3 will resume being available once the last pack for the season is released. Getting a refund, I couldn't tell you about. You'd be best to email their customer support.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
One wonders if Apple is telling Telltale the same thing with their Walking Dead game, which is also episodic.

One also wonders what Apple is doing with the 30% cut they took of the season passes already sold.

One further wonders how putting metal in that cheese cart is cheating. Don't tell me heavier = go faster cuz Galileo's gonna knock you out.

Tori Gangle

Apr 20, 2013
What? Where did all the funny comments go? Fact is this isn't so funny after all. Apple has come down hard on the subscription model for apps. Apple gets what Apple wants. There isn't a lot of round table discussion to be had for Farsight. They will be allowed to submit an app that conforms to Apples standards and that's all there is to it. Nope, it doesn't look good. Getting your money back doesn't look like an option either, Apple will tell you to talk to Farsight about that (even though you gave your money to Apple, go figure)... Nope, it doesn't look good.

deimos256

Jun 4, 2013
Well I've been on the fence about dumping iOS and switching over to android for sometime, and this may be the tipping point. Their level of control over everything combined with their arrogance has really been grinding on me.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
To be honest I never buy season passses. Nothing against Farsight but I learned long ago to never pay for something that doesn't exist yet. I have no doubt game companies intend to release everything promised but s**t happens and I don't like to pay for things that may (or may not) come out. Look no further than the Xbox 360. What if you had a season pass for that and then Crave went bankrupt.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
To be honest I never buy season passses. Nothing against Farsight but I learned long ago to never pay for something that doesn't exist yet. I have no doubt game companies intend to release everything promised but s**t happens and I don't like to pay for things that may (or may not) come out. Look no further than the Xbox 360. What if you had a season pass for that and then Crave went bankrupt.

I bought both seasons of TPA, but I stumbled onto FarSight after the two had been completed. I was on the fence about Season Three because I'm not too keen on a) the fact that there would only ONE table per release b) there would only be TEN tables for the entire season and c) of the four tables that have been confirmed to be released, two (and maybe three) just don't excite me. Yes, I realize FarSight has to procure licensing for the games. Yes, I realize that they can't just whip the tables out of thin air, code has to be written and such. And, oh yes, I understand the business side.
But, I can sit back and wait. I'm in no hurry. Now, should a couple of the tables listed below be released, that boom you will hear will be my wallet coming out at supersonic speed.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I have too much invested in iOS (4 iPads, 3 iPhones) and the App Store to just jump ship to Android. I like Apple products but as of late, buggy code (iOS 7, I'm taking to YOU), bad hardware (especially iPads with inconsistent display panels) and just an overall feeling of not getting the best even though you paid a premium. Apple's arrogance is especially disconcerting...their "we do no wrong" and "do as we say" attitude is getting to be a bit much along with their obsoleting/abandoning hardware at such an alarming rate. Maybe I'll dig out my Atari 800 (8-bit)...I can always play Pinball Construction Set. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
One wonders if Apple is telling Telltale the same thing with their Walking Dead game, which is also episodic.

One also wonders what Apple is doing with the 30% cut they took of the season passes already sold.

One further wonders how putting metal in that cheese cart is cheating. Don't tell me heavier = go faster cuz Galileo's gonna knock you out.

Extra mass means that it will retain momentum longer, at the bottom of the ramp, assuming the wheels are identical, the heavier and lighter cars should be travelling near the same speed, the heavier vehicle will maintain that speed longer once gravity is no longer providing acceleration.

I have too much invested in iOS (4 iPads, 3 iPhones) and the App Store to just jump ship to Android. I like Apple products but as of late, buggy code (iOS 7, I'm taking to YOU), bad hardware (especially iPads with inconsistent display panels) and just an overall feeling of not getting the best even though you paid a premium. Apple's arrogance is especially disconcerting...their "we do no wrong" and "do as we say" attitude is getting to be a bit much along with their obsoleting/abandoning hardware at such an alarming rate. Maybe I'll dig out my Atari 800 (8-bit)...I can always play Pinball Construction Set. :rolleyes:

You don't lose your apps just by switching, mind you some things you will need to purchase again, it's kind of a pain, but you get over it pretty quickly.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012

What Superballs said. In addition, extra weight will help overcome resistance due to friction and air resistance. Two objects falling at the same speed only applies to object falling in a perfect vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.