Bally Fireball

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
Would love to see this table in TPA. I have a soft spot for it as it was the first multi-ball table I ever played. Although, I imagine the ballistics of the spinning rubber disc in the center-playfield would be tough to emulate properly.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Would love to see this table in TPA. I have a soft spot for it as it was the first multi-ball table I ever played. Although, I imagine the ballistics of the spinning rubber disc in the center-playfield would be tough to emulate properly.
There's Whirlwind in the collection. Easy to copy, I think. The zippers would break new ground.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I love Fireball. One of the best pins ever made IMO. Great skill shot, iconic backglass, zipper flippers, the spinning disc, 2 or 3 ball multiball, and some crazy unforgiving play. But Farsight doesn't seem interested in making any EMs. They fear it wouldn't sell well enough.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
its really a case of a majority of users prefering if not requiring or NEEDING at ,east a dmd a ramp and some sfx, to some classics such as fireball or paragon arent worthy of play simply because they only have one mode pure pinball!

before any of our more overly excitabale think im dissing those who mostly play dmds im not, just that its a shame 90 percent cant enjoy a pure flipper and ball table

zaccaria players know what i mean

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I would love to see Fireball in TPA (although I would prefer Spectrum, an early Bally SS table). The problem with Fireball is that it is made by Bally. Most of the tables requested are WMS tables and I feel Farsight is reluctant to "waste" one of their WMS tables on an EM. If we do get another EM someday, it will probably be a Gottlieb. They will probably get around the same amount of complaints whether they release a SS Gottlieb like Surfin Safari or if they release a Gottlieb EM like Spirit of 76. I actually wish they used the rest of their Gottlieb tables on EMs (maybe save a few slots for the ones that are requested once in awhile like Stargate, Freddy and Rescue 911).

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Fireball is a great table, would love to see it on TPA. FS needs to up their mechanical sounds though, this would add so much to all the tables, but especially EMs. The sounds of the EM machines are my favorite part.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think when you are used to playing pins with a lot of toys, ramps, DMD, and complicated rules, at first glance most EMs would look boring. If you didn't grow up playing EMs I could see this prejudice. It's hard to find access to an EM these days. But when you play a good one, you just want to play it over and over again. Like any good pin.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
It's a shame because of all the EM's Fireball makes the most sense to have in TPA. Multiball, kickback, zipper flippers, spinning disc and awesome artwork to boot. It's very hard IRL too which adds to the replay-ability.

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
One of my favorite irl tables. I hope it comes eventually. I wish they'd go back to their old routine of "newer crazy complicated DMD monster+relatively simple EM". Some of the old 'bonus' tables are among my most played; for example, Gorgar.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think when you are used to playing pins with a lot of toys, ramps, DMD, and complicated rules, at first glance most EMs would look boring. If you didn't grow up playing EMs I could see this prejudice. It's hard to find access to an EM these days. But when you play a good one, you just want to play it over and over again. Like any good pin.

My first taste of pinball was Silverball Mania, so the tables I grew up on were nothing special. lol

For me, most EMs just aren't fun. I think one of the very few I've ever enjoyed was "Big shot".

Just give me a table that doesn't have annoying loud bells, tacky art, and something besides a few drop targets. Like I've said before, I wish they'd add more tables like "Xenon", "F-14 Tomcat", etc. I couldn't care less about toys or DMDs.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Dok, I think you would like Fireball. If you ever bump into one play it. If you don't like it I will send you refund. ;)

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
In looking at ebay listings, I never realized how many different versions there were of this table. The original EM version, A SS version shortly after, a sequel (Fireball II) and even a home version that was marketed through Sears.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
------
I will love for FS to add Fireball as a add-on to TAF kickstarter. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts