Beta (1.10.0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
I got Rule the Universe (woo-hoo!)...found an incredibly minor bug:

The entry of initials for RTU has a time stamp - it gets the time right and correct year and day of month, but it shows a month of "PM".

Thank you for a very enjoyable game!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
The app crashed once for both new tables while trying to update within this latest version. The app never went to the download bar the first time, but was successful the second time.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
The app crashed once for both new tables while trying to update within this latest version. The app never went to the download bar the first time, but was successful the second time.

This has always been the case when the data connection isn't sufficient. I have only been able to download new tables on a wi-fi connection, which is fine by me...

N

netizen

1) From main menu rotated screen twice and got the black screen. I can reproduce this 100%

2) From main menu, Select, "New Tables", then click TPA back button, then select "My Tables", then click TPA back button. Repeat 4-5 times and all the buttons disappear and you are left with yellow background as below. This was raised on previous build. I can reproduce 100%. A force close is needed to restart TPA and get back menu buttons.

6) Genie Bug - start a new ball. Minimize application using Android button. Go back to TPA. The ABCD rollovers are no longer lit, you have to start a new ball before they get re-lit. Reproduce 100% of the time.

1) I can semi reproduce. When doing a fast rotation from portrait to inverted portrait, or back, the screen goes black, and after a couple turns the app crashes.

2) you just need to go my tables and back 5 times for this to happen, but it's there. Is it some unfinished Easter egg?

6) is confirmable and very odd.

N

netizen

I got Rule the Universe (woo-hoo!)...found an incredibly minor bug:

The entry of initials for RTU has a time stamp - it gets the time right and correct year and day of month, but it shows a month of "PM".

Thank you for a very enjoyable game!

I wonder if this is related to the issue that has arisen with the pro mode tables no longer holding the proper date and time at all.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
Apologies if this first one has been mentioned already.

In portrait mode, after a game finishes (in Star Trek at least), when you get to the newly updated local scores list, the Continue button keeps flipping back and forth between the HOF screen and the scores screen. The only way to advance to start a new game is to rotate to landscape mode and then the Continue button will function properly.

Also, seems like when you're on the main table screen (just before starting a game) if you rotate one way or the other, the screen will begin to stutter. Pressing back to go to the tables menu and then coming back in smooths things out again. And it seems like half the time this stuttering is present after first launching the app even without any rotation.

Star Trek is playing much better with this build overall on the Nexus 10 however. Still get an occasional quick stop-and-go in the frame rate, but nothing close to as bad as it was in build 1.10.0.

K

Korven

AFM, super jackpot wizard goal does not register. Lights up on the playfield but wont trick off.

Edit: ticked it off just now.

Last edited:
N

netizen

In portrait mode, after a game finishes, when you get to the newly updated local scores list, the Continue button keeps flipping back and forth between the HOF screen and the scores screen. The only way to advance to start a new game is to rotate to landscape mode and then the Continue button will function properly.

I am guessing this is on your Nexus 10 only?

This is a known issue of some buttons not mapping correctly due to the dpi resolution. o_O

the end of game continue/HOF buttons are the most noticeable for sure.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The button mapping were reported a long time ago, I don't understand why it hasn't been fixed.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
I am guessing this is on your Nexus 10 only?

This is a known issue of some buttons not mapping correctly due to the dpi resolution. o_O

the end of game continue/HOF buttons are the most noticeable for sure.

Actually, I haven't tried this new build on the Nexus 7, but this is the first time I've ever noticed it so yeah, I think it's probably just the Nexus 10.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
So I can see that the bumper has been removed from TZ in this build. Is there any options to put it back in there if you wanted to? Having something like this would be another great reason to purchase the pro version of the table to be able to change back and forth as desired.

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 7 (Rooted) / Jellybean 4.1.2
Latest Beta

Not really a bug, but a graphical issue.
The center flying saucer, when hit, goes through the building right behind it. It's also constantly going through the left Martian's hand.
Another issue is that there is a clear seam all around the green window of the saucer.

Haven't been able to replicate it, but there was one time where one of the multiball modes was triggered and the camera went down to the launch button and stayed there, continuously launching balls until the multiball was over. Once all the balls drained, I got a new ball, launched it and camera went back to normal.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Haven't been able to replicate it, but there was one time where one of the multiball modes was triggered and the camera went down to the launch button and stayed there, continuously launching balls until the multiball was over. Once all the balls drained, I got a new ball, launched it and camera went back to normal.

When strobe multiball is started, the camera briefly flicks to the plunger and back. With latest drop, I've had the issue you describe where normal multi ball caused the camera to flick to the plunger for several seconds, before flicking back to main table.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Bobby has been taking a look at the picture you posted and when the ball rolls back down from the ball lock/center ramp area it hits the post most of the time on the real AFM table. The orbit issue it depends on the speed of the ball (we will look into this one).

@carl - I tried putting a fix in and it broke everything, I plan on attempting this again early next week, but the answer to your question is just time unfortunately.

Going to take one more stab at this rotation / return thing with the new menu. All other issues will have to be addressed later unfortunately.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Ryan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to fix the HUD on the portrait view of Big Shot. This game is totally playable on my ASUS TF700 now in Portrait mode.

Thanks again!

Timelord ...

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Ryan, once I again I would like to thank you and all of FS for the awesome work that you put into this game.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Bobby has been taking a look at the picture you posted and when the ball rolls back down from the ball lock/center ramp area it hits the post most of the time on the real AFM table. The orbit issue it depends on the speed of the ball (we will look into this one).
For whatever it's worth, the two real AFMs here do the same thing on lock ramp rejects. But neither one exhibits the odd deflection on right orbit exits, regardless of ball speed.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
For whatever it's worth, the two real AFMs here do the same thing on lock ramp rejects. But neither one exhibits the odd deflection on right orbit exits, regardless of ball speed.

yeah having watched a few PAPA videos I can see that the lock ramp does in fact look OK. But as you say the orbit deflection is not normal. This is the one that causes me the most lame drains. Glad to hear FS are going to look into it. I will hopefully get to play on a real AFM at the weekend providing this snow clears up.

Fingers crossed Ryan manages to fix the rotation / menu issue. Whilst I appreciate you have to release tables ASAP, I know the Facebook/App store community will have a field day with that bug despite the tables being FANTASTIC!

N

Nik Barbour

Not had a lot of time to play today (stupid fuel pump - anyone want to buy a car?) but just wanted to say thanks again for all your hard work.
Login is fixed, and AFM plays beautifully.
Cheers Ryan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online