Beta 1.11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not familiar with the term overdraw, what is it Ryan?

It's basically redundant drawing of a pixel in the buffer before its finally displayed to the screen. Its at its worst when you have gui assets with alpha that have to be blended with 3d objects in the background, and often as the pixel shader works out all of the geometry it updates that pixel multiple times during a pass. Even worse when you have alpha gui, blending with an alpha ramp, that then blends with the bumper underneath it or playfield. We fix some of this with draw order and opaque flags, but sometimes there is nothing you can do.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Did anyone else notice during this beta process that you can complete Standard and Wizard goals in the same game?
Nope...I managed a good game in Firepower, and I was able to accomplish some of the table's wizard goals, having looked at the post with the goals listed. But since I still need to get the Bonus 5x standard goal, none of those wizard goals got checked for me.

N

netizen

Nope...I managed a good game in Firepower, and I was able to accomplish some of the table's wizard goals, having looked at the post with the goals listed. But since I still need to get the Bonus 5x standard goal, none of those wizard goals got checked for me.

I had a great game where I finally got the 5x goal, and I was also awarded 3 of the wizard goals that I accomplished in the same game.

It's not concurrent awarding, but a consecutive one. When you complete all the standard goals you can work on the wizard ones in the same game.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I just got the release version. Oh, man, Firepower. I think I'm going to be playing this a lot.

Firepower was one of my favorite tables in PHoF, and the physics in the TPA version feels more realistic and quite a bit more brutal. In PHoF, you could usually bounce the ball into the upper lock right off the plunger; in TPA you can't, and I don't think the real Firepower I've played will do that either, though it may vary from table to table.

I did find what seems to be a bug: sometimes Firepower will hang seemingly without registering a drain at the very end of a game. The only recourse seems to be to tilt, which ends the game. The two games on which this happened to me were both fairly high-scoring ones; I don't know if this is relevant.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Camera Bug on DrDude.

In multiball got two balls in mix master, one exited but camera didn't follow, second one exited and camera still didn't follow. Both drained, even during the bonus count it still stayed focussed on the mix master, only when a new ball was put into the shooter lane did the camera return to normal.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
you guys deserve a round of applause for this one! absolutely beautiful on my 5.5in 1080p htc dna's phone screen! before there were issues with the text being so small you couldn't read it and the buttons being so small you couldn't navigate the menu's without pressing the wrong button... now the text all scales to a very nicely readable size and the buttons are perfectly scaled and work fine on all the menu's. The annoying black bar at the bottom of the screen is now gone and the game now fills the full screen. Everything is awesome and works great! farsight you are awesome! pinball arcade is truly on the highest end of next gen phone gaming and is fully ready for all the 1080p phones the market is about to be flooded with this year. thanks and great job on perfecting an already wonderful game! :)

N

netizen

Shouldn't this be locked now?
The retail release is out via the play store.

Paging Jeff Strong: Moderator to the Android Forum, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online