Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
@Bonzo - general testing really, worse for all tables?
@Pinwiz - My pleasure, the hud was only that small due to a bug. What fly-over bug? That may be something different than what I just tried.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
What fly-over bug? That may be something different than what I just tried.

On the Galaxy S3, when you finished a game and returned to the attraction screen, the fly-over camera would lag is if it were dropping frames. I'm surprised you hadn't noticed this as it has been like that for a few months. As I said though, after installing the latest beta build, the issue is 99% fixed.

N

netizen

ok I changed a compiler flag

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity_A25-2.apk

let me know if its any better, same, worse.

This build is teh excellent.

Smooth, at speed, no stutter, multi ball is flowing with no issues. As mentioned the attract mode fly over os smooth and sharp.

The Alpha-Numeric has both lines displaying every line all the time with no glitchiness.

The operator menu is responsive, but now there is music playing the whole time, whereas is the previous build there wasn't. Not sure if this is important or not I didn't mention it as I assumed, silly me, that it was a feature as it had been requested.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
The alphanumeric boxes on the backglass are now both just black boxes. Before, at least the left one was displaying properly.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Also, I thought I really liked the small hud on Firepower, but seeing the adjustment has changed my mind. It looks very, very nice.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan...Here's another art issue to pass on to Jason. The plunger rod, internal spring and rubber tip on Firepower is the way all plungers on tables with manual plungers should look. Please ask him to add this to his to do list for all tables that don't already have these textures implemented and that especially goes for No Good Gofers (which looks like beta texturing done while working on the WPHOF) as well.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
This new beta is fantastic on my Nexus 10 as well. Flyover mode is now smooth on the tables. Dr. Dude now is playable. Awesome build...set that compiler flag again! :)

Eckless

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Ryan...Here's another art issue to pass on to Jason. The plunger rod, internal spring and rubber tip on Firepower is the way all plungers on tables with manual plungers should look. Please ask him to add this to his to do list for all tables that don't already have these textures implemented and that especially goes for No Good Gofers (which looks like beta texturing done while working on the WPHOF) as well.

Yep, there's some wild inconsistancies with plunger graphics, the Gorgar ' ball glitching through the plunger tunnel ' still bugs me, no idea why they left it that way.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Changes made haven't affected the already good performance of the N7, other than HUD scaling is fixed in Firepower.

Camera 1 portrait cropping Firepower inlanes, and other camera issues (posted in this thread) still stand.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
@Ryan: only had one quick game of Dr. Dude before going to bed. Just tried it again and now it is flawlessly fluid on Dr. Dude and HD3D. I'll try more tables during lunch break but those two were the least perfect before, so I guess it's overall much better now. Dunno why my phone tricked me into thinking otherwise yesterday.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Changes made haven't affected the already good performance of the N7, other than HUD scaling is fixed in Firepower.

Camera 1 portrait cropping Firepower inlanes, and other camera issues (posted in this thread) still stand.

Only very minor attract mode fly over stutter in portrait orientation in Dr Dude. Landscape flyover is butter smooth.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
FWIW attract mode has ALWAYS stuttered on every table on the N10 for me, but gameplay has always been fine.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Android spawned project butter,
Thank you Carl for pointing out for the benefit of any non-android users reading this thread ;-)

just having a bit of fun with an Australasian colleague..... are we not morally obligated to tease our antipodean cousins at any opportunity, and equally so when the opportunity comes to reference the hallowed sport and remind ourselves who's currently in posession of the ashes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts