Beta Vs 0.016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
if i remember correctly: it is same game that was closed for remaking soon after it's first release few years ago?
Yes and no. It has the same name, the plot is a sequel to the events of the first one, and some thematic elements have been retained. But it plays in a vastly different and mostly vastly improved way. However, we should probably take this line of discussion to the off-topic section if we want to continue it.

if you have some extra app to change some ingame settings while you still can do this ingame, then no problems.
but as i already said: currently much more important thing, than any settings and little bugs in menu, is art/model fixes to the tables. situation on this side of recreation process is terrible.
Don't forget the lighting.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Don't forget the lighting.

FS already marked new lighting as something "will come at PS4 time", so i dont think it must be discussed until it's release/more info and screens.
meanwhile, FS did not mention any plans to fix/rebuild some art assets of already released tables.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
FS already marked new lighting as something "will come at PS4 time", so i dont think it must be discussed until it's release/more info and screens.
meanwhile, FS did not mention any plans to fix/rebuild some art assets of already released tables.
You've been following the PS4 threads about the new lighting, right? It has severe issues as well. So I think it is not only desirable but necessary to object before the lighting gets baked in and while FarSight can still take corrective action easily.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
You've been following the PS4 threads about the new lighting, right? It has severe issues as well. So I think it is not only desirable but necessary to object before the lighting gets baked in and while FarSight can still take corrective action easily.
i mean FS still has some time to fix something in new lighting system, but released tables already with us and their problems here....for years.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Post processing is now stuck on.

It's off in the setup app and off in the table options but its actually still enabled, I can tell because of the GOD AWFUL aliasing everywhere.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Post processing is now stuck on.

It's off in the setup app and off in the table options but its actually still enabled, I can tell because of the GOD AWFUL aliasing everywhere.
I had a similar problem where I couldn't seem to enable it. I wasn't sure if it was to do with any of the GPU plugins I tend to use (namely RadeonPro and MSI Afterburner) so I didn't think to mention it.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I dunno about you guys, but I'm rather glad that the majority of the beta complaints are now art and asset quality instead of stuff not working. :p

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I dunno about you guys, but I'm rather glad that the majority of the beta complaints are now art and asset quality instead of stuff not working. :p

True, but it would be nice to see some progress on the graphics quality side of things.

The PC fraternity have high standards when it comes to graphics. In my opinion, TPA doesn't yet have the graphics quality many PC customers will expect come release.

Last edited:

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
The post processing artefacts with jagged edges and such needs to be fixed, this is the most pressing issue with the game at the moment (imo)

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Post-processing combined with AA from the nVidia control panel works just fine. No reason it can't be implemented within the game itself. It's on Mike's 'to do' list.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Post-processing combined with AA from the nVidia control panel works just fine. No reason it can't be implemented within the game itself. It's on Mike's 'to do' list.

Did not seem to work with AMD, will test again when I get home.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Will us PC beta testers, get HH and Tee'd Off to beta test in the next few days??

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
I don't see any difference between post-processing and no post-processing at 2560x1600. Prior to this version, it would apply post-processing but only at lower resolution before blowing it up to 2560x1600, resulting in ugly artifacts (screenshot see here).

Is this a known issue?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I don't see any difference between post-processing and no post-processing at 2560x1600. Prior to this version, it would apply post-processing but only at lower resolution before blowing it up to 2560x1600, resulting in ugly artifacts (screenshot see here).

Is this a known issue?

Freezy, this is something I am seeing too.

The ragged edges seen on the AFM playfield screens you posted interested me a lot, as I thought it may relate to the 'scaling artwork issue' I posted here. I don't think they are related but Mike has said that the 'scaling issue' relates to the wrong (low resolution) artwork assets being called. On the playfield artwork, it may be a similar thing or LOD problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.