Beta Vs 0.016

Status
Not open for further replies.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Well it doesn't on ATI cards.

I tried 8x AA and it actually did seem to work for me (no jagged flippers for example). But I wasn't home yesterday, will double check settings when I get home.
Running on the HTPC listed below in my signature.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Mike, any chance of control pad analog stick support for the plunger and nudge in the next update. So we can precisely control the plunger with say the left or right analog stick on the 360 pad and also be able to map the nudge to the left or right analog stick??

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Mike, any chance of control pad analog stick support for the plunger and nudge in the next update. So we can precisely control the plunger with say the left or right analog stick on the 360 pad and also be able to map the nudge to the left or right analog stick??
I'll check again the next time I play, but I'm almost 100% certain the analog sticks are working, because I didn't notice any problems hitting the yellow Super Skill Shot on Twilight Zone or hitting either the skill shot or plunging direct to the "Spin Spider" hole on Scared Stiff.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
The analog sticks of my wired 360 pad have been working since day one of the beta.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Hmmm, did you have to change anything in the options to get the analog sticks to work as they didnt appear to work on my wireless pad earlier!

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Are we likely to get an update to 0.017 this weekend with Haunted House beta to try out??

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hoping a fix for the tilt sensitivity issue makes it in. It's been confirmed using keyboard controls as well.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I download the latest version but it never gave me the option to launch the config app when I selected Play ... It just launched in 640x480 mode. See my bug post.

Just resolved it. I launched the game through shortcut and not within STEAM.

Sorry for that.

PinBALT

Mike, maybe you could add an in-game note about the config utility? I'm sure there will be a lot of people who won't know about the config utility.

Last edited:

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Um... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think launching the game through steam was the solution, not the problem.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, you're right. The thing is, if you just launch the game from steam, it doesn't ask if you want to run the config utility. You have to go your library, then right click the game, and then select "Launch Configuration Utility". I wouldn't have known that option existed unless I had read on this forum that there was a config utility, and I'm thinking there will be a lot of customers that don't read this forum, so it seems it would be helpful if the game at least let people know somehow? Personally, I'm used to setting resolution/graphic options within the games themselves, since the majority of the games I've played work that way.

Last edited:

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Yeah, you're right. The thing is, if you just launch the game from steam, it doesn't ask if you want to run the config utility. You have to go your library, then right click the game, and then select "Launch Configuration Utility". I wouldn't have known that option existed unless I had read on this forum that there was a config utility, and I'm thinking there will be a lot of customers that don't read this forum, so it seems it would be helpful if the game at least let people know somehow? Personally, I'm used to setting resolution/graphic options within the games themselves, since the majority of the games I've played work that way.
We'll likely put the options back into the client itself at some point.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Weird, I get the dialogue box asking me whether I want game or config every time I double click the TPA icon in my library.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Weird, I get the dialogue box asking me whether I want game or config every time I double click the TPA icon in my library.

Ha, I do now. The first time I played it after updating to 0.016, it just went straight to the game. I hadn't relaunched it since then. (BTW, I realize I'm late to the 0.016 party, but this is the first chance I've had to play as my computer hasn't been hooked up since Aug 31st).

It'd still be helpful to have the options in game for those who launch the game from a shortcut.

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

Yeah i also get a pop up window asking it i want to run the game or the config program, when i click on the 'Play' button

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I added in a method that will check to see if your configuration exists, and if not it'll launch it automatically before continuing to run Pinball Arcade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.