Black Knight 2000 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Ok, that was pretty awesome.

The RANSOM lettering was messed up. Sometimes it's difficult to hear the Black Knight. The ball seems to accelerate at different times and was kind of choppy at times. The ball came off the left slingshot really fast. The top flipper seemed really weak.
Otherwise, awesome.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Dear Ryan

What is the button mapping for the Magna-save on Moga Pocket

Love

jaredmorgs

:p

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The RANSOM lettering was messed up.

I think that's what Ryan means by "the HUD".

I've noticed the audio is crackly when you hear the epic "Aaaaaah, Aaaaaaaaaaah" vocal sting for the first time. Use headphones and this imperfection is clear.

Other than that the music compression is pretty good.

This is one of the few tables in the collection where I can't offer much critique about how it compares to IRL. The one thing I did notice is that when you shoot the uturn from right to left, the ball seems to exit to the far left of the playfield. Perhaps something to check on the real machine in the studio.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
The "King's Ransom" box sits below the score at all times but it's cut off about half-way down. You can only see the top half of the RANSOM letters.

N

netizen

There is a duped section of the Kings Ransom off of the backbox as part of the HUD

When you advance the Kings Ransom and put a ball up the ramp and it goes down the wireform to the Left it will get hung up, and you have to nudge to make the ball pass over the plastic area and into the lock.

The mix on the audio is pretty off, the vocal samples are buried, and the choral parts in the main song chorus are clipping/hot. They either need to be re-recorded, or remixed.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Oh. My. God. I've not listened to any YouTube posts with that music and my mind is now blown. Can't wait to run through the paces. Any chance on fixing the dmd placement on black rose?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Ball shot in the right eject hole and it came out the top like I'd plunged it. Vocals are difficult to hear at times. The ball seems to be passing through the upper flipper occasionally.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Damn! I was not expecting this whan I woke up!
I will finally see if that table is as good as everyone says.
Thanxxx ^^

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Ball shot in the right eject hole and it came out the top like I'd plunged it. Vocals are difficult to hear at times. The ball seems to be passing through the upper flipper occasionally.

Lol: thought that was how it was supposed to work...

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
coooool - wasn't expecting this either. Very nice - love the music. Only had a quick go so far. From the videos I've watched, I'd say the middle rubbers (WAR) are not bouncy enough. Wish there were more sound effects too as the ball goes up the ramps into upper play field - seems a bit quiet.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Any pictures to share? Thanks!

Normal play view
y9uzuzu9.jpg

Table explore 1
nype9e2e.jpg

Table explore 2
adehasem.jpg

Awesome job Ryan - not got to play yet - come on Dinner break.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Just playes two games.
The screen with the scores and all during the game is all messed up...
Otherwise DAMN this table is fast ^^

night

May 18, 2012
Normal play view
y9uzuzu9.jpg

Thanks for posting these Baron!
About the upper left ramp: this is the first time that I see a transparent ramp that actually looks like transparent plastic, instead of a dull grey metal look. Excellent. The looks are great. Busy colorful table, so far so good!!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for posting these Baron!
About the upper left ramp: this is the first time that I see a transparent ramp that actually looks like transparent plastic, instead of a dull grey metal look. Excellent. The looks are great. Busy colorful table, so far so good!!

Only had a quick look, but quality is really excellent. (Tapatalk has reduced the image quality when posting unfortunately).
Playfield cutouts look better with no undesired light bleed at edges.

I think the ball lock area artwork is from an early run machine, later had a 3d wall effect.

Couple of screws missing if you wanted to be picky.

N

netizen

Since when did it become the thing to post images for iOS users on request during the Android Beta?

Night claims he has an Android device, let him load the APK himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts