BlahCade Pinball Podcast Episodes (128 and higher)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Some of the bugs are caused from emulation issues, Zen doesn't have those types of issues to deal with. Check out Banzai's manual it has many lamps/flashers that share the same name, this ended up causing a bit of confusion for the programmers. Among other emulation related issues.
Shared lamps. Let me guess: they doubled up the lamp matrix using relay switching between the upper and lower Playfield

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
SYT, so glad to hear that your son is back home and doing well. I saw the pic you posted on Twitter. Pretty scary stuff.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
BlahCade 134

After a longer than usual break we return with some calm before the ensuing storm.
This episode was recorded two weeks before the WMS licensing issue announcement went public.

So this episode doesn’t cover that.

There’s some news about us then some news about Zen and their Star Wars: The Last Jedi release which is a breath of fresh air.
Farsight has also been busy with some update action to Pinball Cadet, Pinball Tournaments, and Pinball Arcade.

We’ll give you the low down there.

We round-out the show with some restoration news.

Keep your ears tuned in for the first in a series of episodes exploring the lows and highs of the recent WMS licensing termination Farsight is currently dealing with in the next few days.

Check out the show notes and timings at http://blahcadepinball.com/aaach-toe

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
BlahCade 135 - Bobby King Interview about WMS License

[FONT=&quot]With news as big as the cessation of sale of Bally Williams tables, we could only really do one thing: get someone from Farsight on to explain exactly what the heck is going on.

Bobby King joins us in this bumper episode to explain everything. We then offer some commentary after the interview.

Of particular note to cabinet owners is that Arcooda has now gone live with an opportunity to get deeply integrated cabinet support on Steam.

http://blahcadepinball.com/bobby-king-wms-license has all the timing points and discussion items.[/FONT]

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
One thing I will Miss about loosing Williams/Bally are some of these Awesome Games will probably never see in real life. Games like Mousin’ Around, Bad Cats, Jokerz, Bally’s Gameshow, Riverboat Gambler, Fire!, Rollergames, Radical, Police Force, and I know their’s other System 11 Games I forgot. Then there’s 90’s DMD’s like Indiana Jones: Pinball Adventure, Congo, The Shadow, Popeye: Saves The Earth, Gilligan’s Island, Demolition Man, Johnny Mnemonic, Corvette, and probably a couple more. If they could have given these games to us, I think Pinball Arcade could have been complete with Williams/Bally Games, these really are fun games, and will be very missed.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Perhaps wait....I don't believe that this is the end of the Bally/Williams games. I suspect a Disney related company is in play.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Thanks, interesting podcast and very uplifting.
Although they have very little incentive lets hope they will still do some touch-ups on WMS and Bally tables AND when they drop physics 4.0 with ballspinn they will tune All the tables :)

It is going to be interesting playing Sterns new tables with there much deeper ruleset. I got AC/DC on SPA but that's it so far. And I would love LOTR but licencing might be a problem, but maybe not since Middle-earth Enterprises hold the basic part and the movie likeness is not Disney at least. I could go with new art, the films are just a shadowy backdrop, now I wonder if the Voices and Sound are easier to license than 'likeness'?

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
FYI on your "Speculation about WMS Successors" episode you guys mention how Magic Pixel has not been innovating with Zaccaria Pinball. I would suggest taking a look at the Steam version of Zaccaria Pinball. There has been a steady number of updates since it's been on Steam including multiple physic and table tweak updates, multiple UI changes, new modern takes on various Zaccaria tables (15 new tables), new retro (EM/Woodrail) takes on Zaccaria tables (all free to play I believe), a table/artwork editor (a bit limited), a campaign mode (kinda RPG pinball), VR support, and a few other changes you'll see in the menus.

So while the mobile versions may be static the Steam version has been chugging along nicely.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
FYI on your "Speculation about WMS Successors" episode you guys mention how Magic Pixel has not been innovating with Zaccaria Pinball. I would suggest taking a look at the Steam version of Zaccaria Pinball. There has been a steady number of updates since it's been on Steam including multiple physic and table tweak updates, multiple UI changes, new modern takes on various Zaccaria tables (15 new tables), new retro (EM/Woodrail) takes on Zaccaria tables (all free to play I believe), a table/artwork editor (a bit limited), a campaign mode (kinda RPG pinball), VR support, and a few other changes you'll see in the menus.

So while the mobile versions may be static the Steam version has been chugging along nicely.

Thanks for the heads up! Neither of us have it on Steam. We’ve asked to communicate with them now and then but never hear anything back, so it’s good to hear they are active. I still wouldn’t bump them ahead of Zen as far as who’d be most likely to hypothetically get the WMS license, but it does move them closer as a valid possibility.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Jared....after listening to the podcast again...you have ruined my Stern Conspiracy. I really never considered what Stern would do with the tier system on tables. You are right...the pro versions would be terrible! They probably do have left over Angus Young faces to use on cardboard for Drac in MB!
Wouldn't it be gross!

Premium tables being downscaled would be terrible.

Thanks for listening.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Interesting. I wonder how many of the bugs in Pinballwiz list are hard to fix, there all there it just to pick one off and go to the next.
Also wish there was a little more push for info on the Rift version of TPA; when it releases to steam will it be and add-on DLC and how well is it implemented, like backglass fx and how much of an angle you can use - what about leaning to the side for getting the canon shot in T2?

Great with the interviews, keep up the good work. I wonder, maybe have a look at iZotope Neutron2 to run your audio through to help separate the voices when you talk over each other :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I wonder, maybe have a look at iZotope Neutron2 to run your audio through to help separate the voices when you talk over each other :)

What?! Talking over each other is a hallmark of the show :D

What we need is a way to drop audio files and manage our talking live while recording. It needs to work with Google Hangouts too. And preferably be either free or very inexpensive. Suggestions?

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
What?! Talking over each other is a hallmark of the show :D

What we need is a way to drop audio files and manage our talking live while recording. It needs to work with Google Hangouts too. And preferably be either free or very inexpensive. Suggestions?

Can't come up with a free 'do it all', guess it is down to EQ and some Compression to make separation in the voice areas; and such tools can be found free, but those takes a little knowhow and hands-on approach. No wonder the soundengineers are still sought after :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I decided to install Zaccaria on Steam after reading this and there is some *serious* action happening over there. Their Remake tables are not a half-arsed affair at all. They have really taken the theme of each table and run with it.

Android may as well be a totally different game compared to Steam. Definitely worth a nod in the podcast next week. Thanks for keeping us honest, Crawley.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.