Bobby King Interview 2 (PS3)

Would you download a new large core game to fix the DLC issues?

• Yes! I don't want to stick with what we have.

Votes: 66 94.3%
  • No! What we have is good enough!

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Quite frankly, I feel like we've been lied to by Farsight. There have been numerous promises of fixes - table fixes, not just code fixes, but graphic updates and the like - for the PS3 and now we're told that they can't do them. There's not a chance in heck that they are just now learning about this limitation, yet they've been promising fixes for quite a long time. I feel more than a little deceived by Farsight and question my continued support of their DLC.

I think it's more likely they just assumed stuff and presented it as fact.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Interesting the promo videos assumed to be made on XBOX360 can be mistaken as a PS3 video and have "ART ISSUES" and not be taken as FalSe advertisements but when I see an official PSN TPA video and BLACK KNIGHT looks nothing like the PS3 video shows then I have to call you out FS! SHAME ON YOU! That is false advertisement.
TABE-I think we've choked down enough kool-aid to give us diabetes! Time to wake up and get some insulin.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Interesting the promo videos assumed to be made on XBOX360 can be mistaken as a PS3 video and have "ART ISSUES" and not be taken as FalSe advertisements but when I see an official PSN TPA video and BLACK KNIGHT looks nothing like the PS3 video shows then I have to call you out FS! SHAME ON YOU! That is false advertisement.
TABE-I think we've choked down enough kool-aid to give us diabetes! Time to wake up and get some insulin.

people in the UK and Europe should demand a refund since they have laws their for digtal content

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'm with you. I've slowly come around to the conclusion that Farsight simply hasn't been honest with us in a lot of ways.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I think I read more on this but this is all I could find for a quick look

" FarSight has selected a new publisher for the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade! We are in the final stages of finalizing the contract. This process has taken months – as game publishing deals often do. With our previous publisher’s bankruptcy involved, it is extraordinarily complicated in terms of the Pinball Arcade.

We anticipate submitting this new version of the Pinball Arcade in January. FarSight has been assured that all previous purchases can and will be entitled when we re-launch. We will keep you updated as best we can and announce when we have firm release dates. The plan is for Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation (free for kickstarter backers) to be available as DLC from day one. "

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...e-Christmas-Days?p=46667&viewfull=1#post46667

I think do to the publisher change they needed a new base product. If they are releasing a new 360 version ... why not toss a proper PS3 one up at the point?

Lol@ "submitted in January". It's almost May and nothing.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Lol@ "submitted in January". It's almost May and nothing.

They said that they anticipated submitting in January. I think FarSight was under the impression that they would submit a request to the bankruptcy court and it would be approved in a reasonable amount of time. What happens is that a request is submitted and then sent to all of Crave's creditors that are owed money. Creditors will generally jump at the chance to liquidate something of value. My guess is that FarSight was simply looking for the court to release them from the contract so that they can have someone else do the Xbox distribution. One or more of the creditors must be objecting to this. They probably think that the contract itself has real value and that they should be compensated for it. However a distribution contract doesn't have any real value. The money is in the actual distribution and sale of the product.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
very well written brakel.

Here's hoping FS can afford a legal team to expedite this issue rather than sit back and let the process eventually come to resolution. Anything involving law is always complicated and drawn out though. Just a shame that the only game I ever play on the Xbox is blighted by this issue :(

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
They probably think that the contract itself has real value and that they should be compensated for it. However a distribution contract doesn't have any real value. The money is in the actual distribution and sale of the product.

It looks more that they are holding the contract at a ransom; it's not generating any revenue for them but it's also not generating any revenue for FS, while it could with another distributor. It thus has real value to FS. This means the contract can be held hostage "for free" with the possibility of FS paying an "early termination fee".

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.