BREAKING NEWS: New Difficulty Mode w/ Separate Leaderboards Coming!

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Yes Yes and YES!!!!! absolutely would love something like this. I haven't been doing any tournaments mostly because some of the tables can be marathon tables with all the extra balls you can get. Turn the EBs off or at least have tables similar what PAPA has as far as no posts on the outlanes etc.

Looking forward to the poll.

I'm looking at

NGG
AFM
MB
MM
TZ
and others. In fact, if you can......do all of them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For sure the ps3 tournaments and ios - probably the android too. Join in on the ps3 one next week!

Or join in the BlahCade Tournament of the Month! Sign up ends in 3 hours, tourney starts 10am PST Saturday. All platforms welcome!

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Unless your ps3 is still kaput :(

Yes it's still Kaput. I haven't had time to either fix or get a new/used one. I'm planning on getting a PS4 at some point. Even so I haven't decided. I had the urge to play TPA again and I got most of the season packs when they were on sale through steam. I had S1 and S2 on the PS3 then it went Kaput. I was hoping that the PS4 would allow to play the same games but alas.....it doesn't have Backwards compatibility. It's a shame though. I have all these great PS3 games and I can't even play them. I'm already planning on getting PS4. I don't want to pay for the tables again.

I'm babbling. I just wish the PS4 had Backwards compatibility. That way I wouldn't hesitate to buy one and wait till the line-up of games get's bigger for the PS4.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I would have bought 2 PS4 (s) if they were backwards compatible just to thank sony for not being greedy. I have way too many PS3 games (many unplayed) to move to ps4.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
I don't know how feesible it would be, but I'd love to see people be able to host their own tournaments using whatever pro settings they post.

For example, the TotW crew setup a ROM from a pro table and those settings are then auto downloaded to whomever participates. Would be a good way to toughen up a table by removing extra balls, etc.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Disabling extra balls for an extra challenge can definitely improve some tables. I approve of this new feature.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
For example, the TotW crew setup a ROM from a pro table and those settings are then auto downloaded to whomever participates. Would be a good way to toughen up a table by removing extra balls, etc.

Ooh, this idea I love. Don't know how technically feasible it is but this would be awesome.

mrhorseshoe

Jun 25, 2012
Why only 8 tables? Just add an option to disable extra balls on ALL tables and have a separate leaderboard for those that activated them.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Why only 8 tables? Just add an option to disable extra balls on ALL tables and have a separate leaderboard for those that activated them.
They discovered while creating the Gold version of TAF that this process is more involved than they thought. So they want to do the tables most in need of a difficulty increase first.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
They discovered while creating the Gold version of TAF that this process is more involved than they thought. So they want to do the tables most in need of a difficulty increase first.

Also because at least according to that thing Jeff posted earlier they do a lot more to tables than just disable extra balls. Which is honestly really good because some of them sorely need it.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Well, mostly Season 1 tables need this new difficulty setting and a couple from Season 2. If I have to pick only eight, I would say:

Black Hole - Funhouse - Monster Bash - No Good Gofers - Scared Stiff - Twilight Zone - Attack from Mars - Cactus Canyon

Last edited:

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Well, mostly Season 1 tables need this new difficulty setting and a couple from Season 2. If I have to pick only eight, I would say:

Black Hole - Funhouse - Monster Bash - No Good Gofers - Scared Stiff - Twilight Zone - Attack from Mars - Cactus Canyon

I would include Creature with those, even above MB and AfM. The returns to the flippers from both the pops and from the left saucer lane are far too friendly.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I could count the amount of tables in game with my fingers that don't need all kinds of treatment to make them play shorter. In fact let me just list them right now.

Central Park, Big Shot, Genie (discounting bugs that need fixing), El Dorado, TotAN (discounting bugs that won't get fixed because are a part of the game ROM), Flight 2000, Going Nuts, Firepower.

Granted there are probably 6-7 more that are in a decent enough state that they shouldn't be priorities or could be fixed entirely with simple EB nuking. That's still only 15 tables out of 50+ though.

Last edited:

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
I could count the amount of tables in game with my fingers that don't need all kinds of treatment to make them play shorter. In fact let me just list them right now.

Central Park, Big Shot, Genie (discounting bugs that need fixing), El Dorado, TotAN (discounting bugs that won't get fixed because are a part of the game ROM), Flight 2000, Going Nuts, Firepower.

Granted there are probably 6-7 more that are in a decent enough state that they shouldn't be priorities or could be fixed entirely with simple EB nuking. That's still only 15 tables out of 50+ though.

I would add Harley Davidson, Class of 1812 (definitely), Dr Dude, Haunted House and Dracula.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts