Bugs, Glitches, and General Issues [PS VITA]

1976mrk

Sep 7, 2012
Jesus... The Vita version is gaining bugs faster than they're fixing them.
I really wish they would fix what I've already paid them for rather then them trying to sell me more tables or asking for more kickstarter money.

5 effin' months this game has been out and they still haven't fixed it. 5 months.

This kind of says it all for me. I think I will be indefinitely holding off on investing in The Pinball Arcade for PS Vita until demonstrable effort is made into fixing the growing myriad of bugs and issues. :(

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
well i speak only from the xbox perspective, which is less/more not problematic... the bugs that are there are not game breaking in the slightest...

mobile devices on the other hand seem to get the smelly end of the stick...

doesnt change the 'fact' zen studios design is booooooring ;)

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I'm specifically referring to the Vita version which is really the only version I play.

I prefer the real tables of TPA to the Zen tables as well. I prefer the actual difficulty of realistic pinball, real flipper gap, wildly careening balls, sound effects etc... I agree with you there and if you guys dislike Zen and its table design and gameplay that's totally fine with me. I however, think they're both great fun, and I certainly don't think you have to hate one to like the other.

I wasn't trying to say that Zen makes better pinpall. I'm saying they make the better product. It's more polished, smoother running and better looking. It feels like they really cared and thought it through to make it a great game.

The Vita version of TPA on the other hand has tons of issues and they don't seem to care about fixing them or even preventing further issues. It's almost like nobody that works there has ever actually played the Vita version or really gives a **** if it's any good. I want to love TPA again, I want it to work. I want them to say "Sorry we screwed it up so bad, here we fixed it. enjoy!" I would love for that to happen, forgive them instantly and play!

I have given more money to Farsight for TPA (game, all dlc, kickstarter) than I have spent on any other game in the past 2 generations (Err.. except for the original Steel Battalion for xbox). In return for my money and support I have a game that still doesn't work the way it should, and that is possibly the buggiest, glitchiest game I've purchased in the past 2 generations as well. I get that it may be harder to emulate a real table doesn't mean they should get a free pass on a sub-standard product.

That is why I'm not happy with them. And it kills me because I love it so much when it works.

psychocircus69

Jul 24, 2012
I just came up with one hell of a glitch on Black Knight. I was on a three ball multiball. When I shot one of the balls up the far right ramp it shot up the ramp and through the top of the table. And keeping the same angle as the ramp faded into the distance. Yeah, the ball actually disappeared into the horizon!!! The best part about all of this is the call attendant feature said the ball wasn't stuck :-(. Had to exit the game and start over.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I just came up with one hell of a glitch on Black Knight. I was on a three ball multiball. When I shot one of the balls up the far right ramp it shot up the ramp and through the top of the table. And keeping the same angle as the ramp faded into the distance. Yeah, the ball actually disappeared into the horizon!!! The best part about all of this is the call attendant feature said the ball wasn't stuck :-(. Had to exit the game and start over.

Fantastic...

Anybody else surprised that there was no update at all for the Vita version? It's one of the most bugged versions of this game and no bug fixes at all with this table release.

I can't believe I'm even considering buying this table pack. At this point it's like paying them to completely **** us over... but I almost can't resist pinball...

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I'm not sure since I refuse to play MM until they fix the flipper gap. Somebody else will have to chime in on that one.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Based on the PAL UK version, I have noticed these issues:

GORGAR:

As with other versions of this table, the heart beat and sampled speech disappears seemingly at random, making for a very "lonely" feeling game!

MEDIEVAL MADNESS:

The two red lights behind the castle don't light up and flash whenever you destroy a castle.

psychocircus69

Jul 24, 2012
I'm not sure since I refuse to play MM until they fix the flipper gap. Somebody else will have to chime in on that one.

I would have to say that MM is still the most painful table to play in regards to framrate issues. Creature is pretty bad, but my opinion is its not quite as awful as MM.

Agujose

Aug 10, 2012
Greetings. I have downloaded every table so far (European Store) and wanted to know if as discussed in this forum, still has not left any error correction for Vita.
If as you say in the American version that goes ahead no update with correction of errors, I doubt there are any for the European version.

The truth is that I am very happy with the game, but I get the impression that tables have launched unpolished.
Campaigns are fine to raise money for licenses, but as you forget to care for the many customers they already have, in the end it will spoil.
I plan to continue buying all tables that go (am passionate), but people who buy the game and not so passionate, you may eventually get tired of so many mistakes and end up leaving the game.

Google officially announced Farsight whether to get an update for PS Vita tables?

Gadbury

Jul 20, 2012
It's very interesting to act snobbish over video pinball simulations, but at the end of the day, I'm a customer and Farsight wants money. As a business, they show every sign of having over-extended themselves in order to try and release Pinball Arcade on every platform known to man at the exact same time. I'm well aware of the nature of The Pinball Arcade and the emulation being employed for some aspects (not all can be / are emulated, some tables fall back on simpler scripting). None of that changes the fact that every time Farsight updates their product, they break it in bizarre and unexpected ways. Fix a non-working rollover on one table, and the framerate on a table that received no overt adjustments tanks. Adjust the textures on a 3rd table, and the sound stops working on a 4th table.

The problem Farsight faces is more practical than arguing over subjective opinions such as whose pinball board design is more "fun". They need to sell more DLC to fund development. I'm sympathetic towards that, so even with the constantly broken state of the product, I kept buying more DLC. I also contributed to Kickstarter. Every time you buy something from Farsight however, it seems that another update is released that breaks what you previously bought.

I think I've given them enough money while not being able to play random tables in the meantime waiting for fixes. I'm not alone; plenty of people are tired of Farsight, and they're very fortunate that enough are still willing to support them blindly so that their kickstarters can succeed.

Well said. FarSight need to stop, re-group. and fix / update what is out there already.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I would have to say that MM is still the most painful table to play in regards to framrate issues. Creature is pretty bad, but my opinion is its not quite as awful as MM.

I purchased the DLC today and have to agree with this statement. There is a very minor stutter sometimes on CFTBL, but it is playable. MM on the other hand is just brutal and really needs immediate attention as far as framerate goes.

Oct 22, 2012
I'm gonna sound a little picky here, but as it's by far my fav table of all time I was a little sad by the Vita port of Funhouse, due to the visuals.

If you look at the table on the Vita, you can see that the table is made up of patchwork squares. I assume this is how all the tables are made up, but there are filters and whatnot used to blend them all together, but on FH you can clearly see the lines between the patches. It's not like it on other Vita tables I've seen, nor is it like it on the PS3 version.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I'm gonna sound a little picky here, but as it's by far my fav table of all time I was a little sad by the Vita port of Funhouse, due to the visuals.

If you look at the table on the Vita, you can see that the table is made up of patchwork squares. I assume this is how all the tables are made up, but there are filters and whatnot used to blend them all together, but on FH you can clearly see the lines between the patches. It's not like it on other Vita tables I've seen, nor is it like it on the PS3 version.

That is not being picky at all. It has been like that since launch and has been on the list with the screenshot. Black Knight has the same problem, but it is much worse than on Funhouse.

Oct 22, 2012
Yeah, it was a bit of a buzz kill. I cut my teeth on PBHoF on the PSP. I even got it on the Vita before PA was out, so I was eager for PA and PH to hit the Vita in Europe. Hopefully it's on a to-do list somewhere, even if it's buried deep.

Also odd the voice sounds worse than the PSP version, but that seems to be the same across the board. Oh, and it's harder due to the increased FPS and more real ball physics, but that's hardly a complaint, I'll adapt :)

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
My initial and quick analysis of the latest patch shows that none of the bugs have been fixed. I will play some more and update this post and the original one if anyone finds something different.

Members online

Members online