Bugs, Glitches, and General Issues [PS VITA]

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Taxi also has the seamed-tiles graphical issue.

Could you please take a screen shot of it (press home and start at the same time) and send me a link to it in a PM? I will include it in the other topic in the Art Section where hopefully the proper developer will see it.

Eric Qel-Droma

Jul 3, 2012
I just updated Pinball Arcade on my Vita and all I get is black screen when I try to start the program. Any ideas?

----

Never mind. I've gotten it to run a couple of times. Once I turned the system off and on. Another time it just booted in. Still feels glitchy and takes WAAAAY longer than it did before, but it's not 100% broken as it seemed the first three times it did this and did NOT go in to the game.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The first post of this topic seems to be getting a little bit messy and cluttered with the growing list of bugs. I want to clean it up and try to represent each problem with more detail so that the issues with this game might finally get some attention. I am going to make a base table that anyone can fill in when reporting a bug to provide the developers with the most detail possible. Here is what I am thinking so far:

TableName of Table
Type of BugChoose type of error: Gameplay, graphical, audio, inconsistent with real table, etc.
Repeatable BugYes/No
Description of BugExplain what actually happened as well as any other details about the game (modes, multiball, etc.) when the bug was seen.
Game EndingYes/No
ScreenshotTake screenshot by pressing home and start at same time. Link to image here.

Before I begin the process of converting the old ones over, does anybody have any suggestions about possible attributes to add to the table?

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Before I begin the process of converting the old ones over, does anybody have any suggestions about possible attributes to add to the table?

I noticed that there was a 1.06 update for the Vita so I decided to see if it actually fixed anything other than Black Hole.
Played TOTAN until the Wizard mode Genie battle... And it's still broken. Would not let me launch more than one ball during the Genie battle (so it couldn't be beaten) and once that ball drained I had to call an attendant which had the effect of also draining my last ball and ending the game.

This is a launch glitch on a launch table. This game has had game-breaking bugs since day one and 7 months later they still haven't bothered to fix it (or even bother to acknowledge it that I've seen). Why even bother tracking these glitches when it's obvious they don't care how low quality their product is? Maybe they should do a kickstarter to hire someone that can actually do a good job.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yeah. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the "bug fix" we're supposed to get with the next update actually fixes most of these problems and isn't just a half-assed patch.

We'll see, hopefully we finally get the damn thing this month.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Well... with TZ and the other table packs being released and completely wrecked is there still a point to keeping tabs on these issues?
The game has gotten so bad that it could be a contender for "all time worst". Which would actually be funny because FS already has another game on the all-time worst list.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Well... with TZ and the other table packs being released and completely wrecked is there still a point to keeping tabs on these issues?
The game has gotten so bad that it could be a contender for "all time worst". Which would actually be funny because FS already has another game on the all-time worst list.

At this point, this topic has gotten quite out of hand and the number of problems is certainly too big for a forum post. If I were to continue this, I would probably switch over to my own independent relational database setup to better manage this and allow for easier submission of problems.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Please do not be alarmed that the contents of the first post is gone. I have neglected this topic for far too long and am doing a proper clean-up by going through each of the bugs listed to the best of my ability and seeing if they are in fact still a problem. Aside from the graphical issues discussed has anyone encountered any bugs in the DLC packs after CFTBL?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Honestly those packs were so bad graphically that I didn't even play them more than 1 or 2 games before writing them off.
Not nearly enough to discover (or remember) any specific bugs.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Honestly those packs were so bad graphically that I didn't even play them more than 1 or 2 games before writing them off.
Not nearly enough to discover (or remember) any specific bugs.

To be completely honest, after hearing that there might be good news for the PC version in the near future and learning that Sony doesn't allow patches on DLC, I am done with the Vita/PS3/Xbox 360 version of this game. At least with the PC version updates will be much more consistent.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
We just had an item on the PS blog regarding new tables and PS4 support. I posted a remark (post #1) regarding the Quality of the Vita DLC here:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...rek-tables-incoming-ps4-development-underway/

Lets see if I get a reply. At least I got through the PS moderator review before it was posted ;-)

Thank-you for helping raise awareness of the problems in the PS Vita version of the game. I would love to keep supporting the game on the system since the portability factor with the physical buttons makes it my perfect system for TPA, but if the quality is going to remain as low as it is now there is no way I will purchase another pack.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
To be completely honest, after hearing that there might be good news for the PC version in the near future and learning that Sony doesn't allow patches on DLC, I am done with the Vita/PS3/Xbox 360 version of this game. At least with the PC version updates will be much more consistent.

Sony doesn't allow patches on DLC? WTF, where did you read this at. That would be completely asinine and even more damning of Farsights ****ty work if they knew about it.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
@Crush3d_Turtle...Please keep updating the OP in this thread and I'll see what I can do to get FarSight to acknowledge all the issues on the PS Vita.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
@Crush3d_Turtle...Please keep updating the OP in this thread and I'll see what I can do to get FarSight to acknowledge all the issues on the PS Vita.

I'll try my best to keep everything up to date and as accurate as possible. Thank-you very much though for helping us out.

Pesthauch666

Mar 20, 2013
Game Version: most recent EU-Version 1.05:

Black Knight
Of all the tables the "Black Knight" is the one with the most glitches. And it seems like earlier PS3 versions had the same issues.

Not only does the ball disappear behind the left flipper (as already mentioned on page one), but if the ball is gaining too much speed coming down to the left ramp, getting hit with the left flipper and speeding up even more, it happend to me several times, that the ball even exits the playfield shooting out of the table, after going up on the rightmost ramp (turning the right ramp into some kind of launch pad ;)). Once the ball even hit the wall behind the table :eek:

And very often the ball gets stuck in the lower lock and can't even put back into play by nudge or the ball reset ("Call Attendant" option says "Ball not stuck"). This could be a multiball issue.​

Creature From The Black Lagoon
When accessing the tutorial for the master goals (maybe standard goals too?) the attract mode background music isn't turned off when the new tune starts, like with most of the other tables. So, two tunes are playing at the same time, resulting in a dissonant mess until a new game is started.
I haven't tested this with all tables yet, but probably more tables are having this problem. Vita's Version of "Twilight Zone" is OK, while the PS3-Version has exactly the same problem. So, some PS3-tables seem to be affected also.​

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.