Cactus Canyon and Central Park screenshots

Turbine

May 19, 2012
I'll reserve judgement until its out, but for now it looks like it could be only the 2nd IOS pack I won't buy. Last months was the first. If the main table is good then I'll get it, but the B-side tables are getting really lame.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'll reserve judgement until its out, but for now it looks like it could be only the 2nd IOS pack I won't buy. Last months was the first. If the main table is good then I'll get it, but the B-side tables are getting really lame.

Wha? Cactus Canyon is definitely worth the price alone.

It's at #21 on Pinside's Top 100, and #17 at IPDB, so it's definitely not even close to being a "B-side".

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Big hands, and a small phone. Landscape feels more natural, like a controller. Plus, I normally text and surf in landscape, because the keyboard is too small.

Edit: I just noticed... what's with the green and yellow lines around the center drain of Central Park? They look like they were drawn in mspaint.

They're just really, really, REALLY badly textured objects. Take a look at the screenshots in the original post. Those "yellow & green lines" are actually supposed to be plastic walls/barriers. But, man, in the mobile screenshot, they sure do look like something somebody drew in using MS Paint.

Tabe

Turbine

May 19, 2012
Wha? Cactus Canyon is definitely worth the price alone.

It's at #21 on Pinside's Top 100, and #17 at IPDB, so it's definitely not even close to being a "B-side".

Not CC, I was referring to CP. I've bought all the packs up to last month without even thinking about it, 2 new tables, why not? But the last few I've only really played the main table and if that table happens to have game-breaking CV style bugs that never get fixed, then I've wasted my money. There's now enough choice of tables already in TPA that I can afford to be more choosy about what I buy.

I hope CC is great and I get it, but I'm just not blown away by the screenshots right now.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Not CC, I was referring to CP. I've bought all the packs up to last month without even thinking about it, 2 new tables, why not? But the last few I've only really played the main table and if that table happens to have game-breaking CV style bugs that never get fixed, then I've wasted my money. There's now enough choice of tables already in TPA that I can afford to be more choosy about what I buy.

I hope CC is great and I get it, but I'm just not blown away by the screenshots right now.

Well, you said, "If the main table is good then I'll get it, but the B-side tables are getting really lame."

Since it's a Top 20 table, it's safe to say that it's "good".

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Well, you said, "If the main table is good then I'll get it, but the B-side tables are getting really lame."

Since it's a Top 20 table, it's safe to say that it's "good".
Not only is the table itself good, but the sound bites are hilarious. I haven't laughed this much at a table since I first encountered a Scared Stiff.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
CV is top 20 isn't it? ;)

Yeah, but in a pre-release thread, to say you're probably going to pass implies that it's due to the quality and characteristics of the actual pinball machine, which is why I brought up the fact that it's a Top 20 machine.

And don't worry, no game-breaking bugs have popped up in the beta versions.

Last edited:

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Really looking forward to this pack and I'd pay full price for just the one table. Getting Cactus Canyon as the bonus just makes it better because it looks great and I've never played it. To each their own, and though I may be in the minority, there are a few of us eagerly awaiting CP.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm eagerly awaiting CC after playing the beta but I can't see CP getting more than a few plays, dreadful choice of table, zero fun at all. I'm playing on iPad so nudging is barely usable and CP relies heavily on nudging, it even says so in the table history so it may be a lot better on 360/ps3.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm eagerly awaiting CC after playing the beta but I can't see CP getting more than a few plays, dreadful choice of table, zero fun at all. I'm playing on iPad so nudging is barely usable and CP relies heavily on nudging, it even says so in the table history so it may be a lot better on 360/ps3.

Yeah, even I'm not too fond of CP. As far as mid 60's EMs go, I'd much rather see something that has more standard outlanes, such as King of Diamonds or Alpine Club.

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I would have picked Aces High before Central Park as well. I'll be curious to see how tough the table goals are. I've finally cleared all of them for the rest of the tables on offer, but clearing all wizard goals is likely to remain a fantasy for all but the oldest machines.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yeah, Ace High has actually been my number one anticipated re-release table since day one. I'm glad that they are doing more Gottlieb Collection tables now since those tables need tO be upgraded much more than any of the Williams Collection tables. Plus if they are doing Central Park now, Ace High cant be too far behind!!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
They're pretty nice EM machines, I really like that old-fashioned sound. When I got my iPhone and heard the pinball ringtone I made it the default immediately!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts