Request can we get some gottlieb DLC?

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
My Gottlieb wishlist (licenses be damned - not in any order - *= have never actually played it):
1. Class Of 1812 (absolutely love it)
2. Stargate (absolutely love it)
3. Haunted House* (3 levels, 8 flippers, significant classic)
4. Bone Busters, Inc. (really impressed, unique playing game)
5. Super Mario Bros. (Wii U Exclusive deal with Nintendo?)
6. Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street (looks like there is nothing to do, but is a ton of fun)
7. Surf'N Safari* (simple, but fun looking layout)
8. Gladiators* (art is cheese, but the layout looks pretty cool)
9. Excalibur* (interesting)
10. TX Sector* (looks fun)
11. Genesis* (cheesy fun, designed by Dr. Flash)
12. Cactus Jack's* (looks fun)
13? Barb Wire* (some possibly interesting playfield elements)

Some of the ones I haven't played could obviously end up to be duds (I'm looking at you Barb), and I could come up with another/a much longer list of older ones that have great art, but these are the ones that I think might be fun to play.

Last edited:

Spike Forehand

May 14, 2013
I'd be happy with any/all of the Ed Krynski designed mid-seventies EM's with drop targets. My favorites include Fast Draw, Spirit of '76, and Royal Flush.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
How about a Gottlieb EM without slings. Talkin' about Centigrade 37. Came out in 1977. Here's a vid from YouTube.

Spike Forehand

May 14, 2013
Here's my favorite. Was great the way the drop targets worked. Once you get all 10 down, then just the two black ones pop back up and if you get them, it's worth 5000 points each.

Also notice how the bonus counts down at end of ball. FS needs to make this more accurate in their Gottleib EM's.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
TPA still needs a bowling themed pin in my opinion. A poll would probably show Strikes and Spares to be the most popular, but here is another pin I would like to be considered. 1975's Gottlieb "300", which also has a two player version called Top Score. A lot to like here: two kick out holes, right side lanes of serial rollovers, animated backglass that adds bowling balls as you progress, and a spinner shot more satisfying than ice cream on a hot summer day. Check it out...

karl

May 10, 2012
Almost everything Gottlieb did from 75-79 looks pure class to me. Those I have tried in Visual Pinball is right up there with my all time favorites. To anybody wondering what it's all about, please check out Pinuck's VP versions on vpforums.org. Out of this world!

How about another Hall of fame Gottlieb collection with everything that should have been in the first one ;) There is nothing at all from that period in the original Hall of fame collection. This is puzzling to say the least :confused:

cableshaft

Jun 30, 2013
I know it'll probably never happen, but I keep hoping that eventually they'll get around to converting a Gottlieb Soccer (1975) table, because my parents owned the machine and kept it in the basement for the first 15 years of my life, and I played it as often as I could, but they eventually sold it because it took up so much space and they were tired of paying to keep it maintained.

So yeah, here's a vote for more Gottlieb tables, in hopes of being able to play that game again eventually.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Ok if we can't get Atlantis can we have Sheriff? Yep, it's the same pin with different artwork. I find it fascinating how they would re-theme pins back in the day.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Almost everything Gottlieb did from 75-79 looks pure class to me. Those I have tried in Visual Pinball is right up there with my all time favorites. To anybody wondering what it's all about, please check out Pinuck's VP versions on vpforums.org. Out of this world!

How about another Hall of fame Gottlieb collection with everything that should have been in the first one ;) There is nothing at all from that period in the original Hall of fame collection. This is puzzling to say the least :confused:

+1 for your wanting another Gottlieb Hall of Fame collection with only tables from 75-79.

Gottlieb machines were the only machines available to me in the small town in Montana where I grew up. I sure was a lucky boy. I played the heck out of all of them that were installed at the bowling alley in my small town. Usually four new machines a year. These were quality machines and a heck of a lot of fun.

Two of my favorites are "Fast Draw" and another one I can't find in any of my research. All I remember is there was a Queen of Clubs on the back glass near where the machine credit reel was located. I've looked and looked through IPDB database and can't find it even with a very refined search. The other thing I remember from that machine is that $.25 was all I needed to play for hours upon end.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012

Thanks Jeff for link. It very well could have been High Hand. Maybe the Queen of Clubs was the Queen of Hearts and the King of Clubs was the next card, so I could have easily confused the two. http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1173&picno=48614&zoom=1 . Also, the layout of the machine is right up my alley for high scoring like Fast Draw was for me.

Also, thank you Kolchak for you help.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks Jeff for link. It very well could have been High Hand. Maybe the Queen of Clubs was the Queen of Hearts and the King of Clubs was the next card, so I could have easily confused the two. http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1173&picno=48614&zoom=1 . Also, the layout of the machine is right up my alley for high scoring like Fast Draw was for me.

Also, thank you Kolchak for you help.

No problem man! I'm almost tempted to buy some shirts from that site, heh.

You were indeed a lucky kid. Gottlieb pins from that era rule. I can't wait to play a ton of them when I pass through Vegas next month.

karl

May 10, 2012
Sounds like you had a great childhood, Frank. That would have been sweet, to have been able to play all those beauties when they were brand spanking new.

When you grow up with a foundation like that, pinball will surely be with you for the rest of your life :cool:

+1 for your wanting another Gottlieb Hall of Fame collection with only tables from 75-79.

Gottlieb machines were the only machines available to me in the small town in Montana where I grew up. I sure was a lucky boy. I played the heck out of all of them that were installed at the bowling alley in my small town. Usually four new machines a year. These were quality machines and a heck of a lot of fun.

Two of my favorites are "Fast Draw" and another one I can't find in any of my research. All I remember is there was a Queen of Clubs on the back glass near where the machine credit reel was located. I've looked and looked through IPDB database and can't find it even with a very refined search. The other thing I remember from that machine is that $.25 was all I needed to play for hours upon end.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Would also love to see some more Gottliebs. Here's a few:
First, some non-end-of-ball tables

Drop a Card
Kingpin
El Dorado
Sky Jump

Then some 'bonus' pins

Jumping Jack/ Jack in the Boc
Spirit of '76