Centaur vs Pin*Bot (which is better?)

Centaur or Pin*Bot

• Total voters

Day

Jan 9, 2013
whilst both are simpler tables, the gameplay of both is quite compelling and both tables exhibit that just one more game phenomenon. Both tables also have central targets which require strategic and sequential hits to advance and in both cases defensive blocks/saves can result in unwanted or out-of-sequence strikes to the central target which i find adds interest and variety to the gameplay on these simpler tables.

i voted for Pin*Bot, but only by a hair... i played PB in my youth, if there had been a Centaur in my arcade (which there wasn't), the menacing bikers in dirty leathers & denims would have gravitated towards like flies to #&%$, and i'd have had no chance anyway.

But Pin*Bot gets the vote not simply for pure nostalgia reasons, i really enjoy the electronic bleeps and burps it emits. Whilst the reverb on Centaur is unusual (unique possibly), i'm finding the limited number of voice samples and their repetition, ever so slightly grating...("Destroy Centaur"). But i still think Centaur is an excellent table with engaging gameplay.... However, the bleeps and belches of pin*bot are so in keeping with the theme & artwork and just tie everything together so very well.

all in all though a fantastic 2 table pack, i think we all can agree on that.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Whilst the reverb on Centaur is unusual (unique possibly), i'm finding the limited number of voice samples and their repetition, ever so slightly grating...("Destroy Centaur").
Yes, the "Destroy Centaur" at every single ball launch is about the only thing I dislike about the table. Yes, I realize to fully emulate the table with no changes requires this but it still doesn't make it NOT annoying. :rolleyes:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Yes, the "Destroy Centaur" at every single ball launch is about the only thing I dislike about the table. Yes, I realize to fully emulate the table with no changes requires this but it still doesn't make it NOT annoying. :rolleyes:
its fine UNTIL i am having a bad game and centaur is destroying me :(

an ox

May 28, 2012
also it obtains my horned caprine entity that he seems to say "Destroy Centar" instead of "Destroy Centaur". Having said that I do enjoy most of the voice samples and the little taunts.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
also it obtains my horned caprine entity that he seems to say "Destroy Centar" instead of "Destroy Centaur". Having said that I do enjoy most of the voice samples and the little taunts.

Exactly! its Minotaur not Minotar so how did Centaur become Centar?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I chose "both". As or right now, I'm enjoying Centaur more. That's because it's simple; it's awesome looking, it's fun, and it's got a 5 ball multiball. So damn ahead of it's time. Even the voice and music is more impressive than Pin*Bot!

That being said, Pin*Bot is the deeper of the two, and I haven't even scratched the surface, and I love the table, so I'm reserving judgment.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
On a side note, I have seen a lot of videos where Americans talk about "sodder" and not "solder". Is that also one of them? :)

I believe it is although I'm not sure who's correct there, in the UK we say soLder but on Tekzilla ( US tech podcast ) they said that the L is silent.

All good fun.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Aluminum. Pronounced "Al-oo-minum". NOT "Al-oo-min-eeum".

Leave us dumb Americans alone.:D

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Wait, how does the rest of the world pronounce "Centaur"? SEN-tah-urr?

Ahhh - one of my dictionaries says SEN-tor.
I'll take SEN-tar for $500, Alex :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.