Challenge Mode Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

Don't know how it happened but playing the season 1 challenge ToM I realized mid game I was playing 2 player. Scored over 4 bil on player one and that's the score that was referred to after game but it said this wasn't enough so I got 0 points. ToM in season 1 challenge had a few other weirdness going on, when paused it can just oause without the option screen popping up, then when you hit pause again it pops up. Also after restarting the table once, it automatically restarts a new game if you don't score enough for points.

I got this once, and only on TOM but I haven;t been able to reproduce it. The only time it happened for me was after I had quit a challenge and TPA didn't crash, iirc :/

The way it happened to me is I needed to pause to grab something, i press the back arrow as it's closer than the top pause button, and the game paused but no menu, so I pressed the back arrow again, and the menu appeared. Didn't think anything of it until I resumed and the game added a 2nd player.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I got this once, and only on TOM but I haven;t been able to reproduce it. The only time it happened for me was after I had quit a challenge and TPA didn't crash, iirc :/

The way it happened to me is I needed to pause to grab something, i press the back arrow as it's closer than the top pause button, and the game paused but no menu, so I pressed the back arrow again, and the menu appeared. Didn't think anything of it until I resumed and the game added a 2nd player.

yeah I think there was some pausing done on my game too.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Been playing thru all the challenge modes and boy it's a mess.
All the usual bugs appears much more frequently than normal. Ball goes missing in multi ball, camera locks on plunger view, camera locks on events etc.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Last edited:

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Just tried the latest BK2K beta... I was playing the Stern challenge mode, and made it to RBION. Then I had that bug where you press start and the camera just floats around doing nothing (not 02-009, but similar. Affects almost every table, it's as if TPA didn't push the start button on the table). It cost me a challenge credit. I really think that should be fixed before pushing the challenge mode out to everyone, because it's a really old bug.

edit: Just checked my post history, not only does it affect Android, but it affects PC too.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for the reports guys. Just keep in mind Challenge mode isn't doing anything to set a mode, rom, settings, etc. It is simply a new ui, stringing them together, keeping track of scores, and using our algorithm to calculate points based on several variables. Most of the issues discussed are present on the table as well and are not necessarily challenge bugs, but feel free to post the bad ones here and we can take a look into them.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Thanks for the reports guys. Just keep in mind Challenge mode isn't doing anything to set a mode, rom, settings, etc. It is simply a new ui, stringing them together, keeping track of scores, and using our algorithm to calculate points based on several variables. Most of the issues discussed are present on the table as well and are not necessarily challenge bugs, but feel free to post the bad ones here and we can take a look into them.

One bug I got was black hole reverting to launch view during multi ball making the mode unplayable. And later in the same game, camera gets stuck at the lower play filed and machine loses track of ball. Reset ball, shoot lower play field, repeat. Every time for the test of the game.

Two bugs you don't see everyday.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
One more bug, playing with the Williams challenge the HUD on BK and Gorgar won't display the score!, it only shows 000000.

N

netizen

One bug I got was black hole reverting to launch view during multi ball making the mode unplayable. And later in the same game, camera gets stuck at the lower play filed and machine loses track of ball. Reset ball, shoot lower play field, repeat. Every time for the test of the game.

Two bugs you don't see everyday.

try playing with the event camera turned off. Then you won't zoom in on the lower playfield to begin with.

One more bug, playing with the Williams challenge the HUD on BK and Gorgar won't display the score!, it only shows 000000.

BK and Gorgor have a 00000 display in regular play, this has been reported in the beta thread, as was requested above.

PinWiz said:
You may want to post your Challenge Mode bugs HERE.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Aside from bugs, is the mode any fun? Any way to make it more fun? Those kinds of comments are also welcome =)

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
One more bug on the top of my head, sometimes the "congratulations"-text pops up on the start of a new table/game.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
It does not appear to me as if local high scores earned in challenge mode are sent over to the local high scores table. It appears goals are (it's hard to tell, I've deleted the app to get a clean install environment so many times during beta testing the last few years that I can hardly remember which goals I've completed in any given test cycle) , just not scores. Unless, of course, this only happens when the entire challenge is completed and not as each table is played? The mode is great, love it, but as frustrating as it is to not have scores and goals recorded locally when playing a global tournament, can you imagine the FB tears and gnashing of prepubescent troll teeth if a local challenge mode doesn't update local tables? Next to tournaments, this is my favorite "extra" in the application -- I predict this will sell some folks on the fence to purchase some of the lesser-appreciated pinball tables. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts